• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting Switch Lite for Birthday - Some Questions

Well I got scammed by an eBayer but I got my refund and another Switch Lite is on me way, this time from the Target.

Anyways, I decided my next game will be Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. I know it's broken but I'll find a free wifi and get the latest patch. I'm a huge Igarashi and Castlevania fan. I literally bought an NES for Castlevania during the Reagan administration and I have no other way of decently playing the game so fugg the nugg.

I eventually will get Breath of the Wild, Mega Man Collections, Trails of Cold Steel, Darksiders (love that series - it is the closest thing we have to a modern Legacy of Kain) and even games I normally would not buy like Smash Bros.

Last edited:

locoghoul

Neo Member
What is a good RETAIL game for $25 or $30 bucks (new preferably, not used)?

I like RPGs, both western and Japanese. I also like Zelda type games. I saw Darksiders Warmastered and Darksiders Genesis are fairly cheap but I'll take recommends.

Bastion or Transistor go on sale every couple of months. Do you like Monster Hunter? Generations Ultimate is 60% off right now. I have a Switch Lite as well and after 1k+ hours I have no drift. The dpad is better than joycons, the battery is better and the resolution is fine for the size of screen. Id recommend you getting decent headphones though cause the speakers output is similar to mobile phones. Battery lasts above 3 h, maybe 4 if you dont use wifi. Also get yourself a case, you can get some decent ones for 10 bucks (they usually can holds games too). Finally consider getting NSO even if you dont plan using wifi that much the games you get (DKC/DKC2, Mario All Stars, Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Story, etc) is worth it. I also got mine as a tournament prize and has been great so far. Enjoy!

Bastion or Transistor go on sale every couple of months. Do you like Monster Hunter? Generations Ultimate is 60% off right now. I have a Switch Lite as well and after 1k+ hours I have no drift. The dpad is better than joycons, the battery is better and the resolution is fine for the size of screen. Id recommend you getting decent headphones though cause the speakers output is similar to mobile phones. Battery lasts above 3 h, maybe 4 if you dont use wifi. Also get yourself a case, you can get some decent ones for 10 bucks (they usually can holds games too). Finally consider getting NSO even if you dont plan using wifi that much the games you get (DKC/DKC2, Mario All Stars, Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Story, etc) is worth it. I also got mine as a tournament prize and has been great so far. Enjoy!
Hey there my guy, thank you.

As for Transistor and Bastion, I'm not so sure. I've watched Youtube LPs on both. Bastion looks better but I'm not into that "pixel art" like in Transistor.

I guess by NSO you mean Nintendo online service? I definitely plan on doing that right away before I even play a gamr but for now I'll do the free one.

Ngl I do kind of want to do some Overwatch. But in time.

Aa for Monster Hunter, I'm not much into "arena combat rpgs" BUT from what I have seen of MONSTER HUNTER WORLD my interest has grown.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
The switch lire worries me because the sticks are stuck to the console. If there’s any issues with them or you’re whole switch experience is screwed. I don’t know the quality of the sticks on the the lite though. But every thumb stick wears out over time.

Hey there my guy, thank you.

As for Transistor and Bastion, I'm not so sure. I've watched Youtube LPs on both. Bastion looks better but I'm not into that "pixel art" like in Transistor.

I guess by NSO you mean Nintendo online service? I definitely plan on doing that right away before I even play a gamr but for now I'll do the free one.

Ngl I do kind of want to do some Overwatch. But in time.

Aa for Monster Hunter, I'm not much into "arena combat rpgs" BUT from what I have seen of MONSTER HUNTER WORLD my interest has grown.
Let me know when it runs out, I can redeem a trial for 7 more days if you want :messenger_winking:

The switch lire worries me because the sticks are stuck to the console. If there’s any issues with them or you’re whole switch experience is screwed. I don’t know the quality of the sticks on the the lite though. But every thumb stick wears out over time.
L locoghoul just a couple or so replies above your's says it is not as bad as the standard Switch. I've heard that from others too, that the Lite doesn't have the drift issue as bad as standard.

Why hasn't Nintendo addressed this and fix it and manufacture a new SKU?

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Happy Birthday, mate. Second poster mentioned Xenoblade 1 & 2. Go with that or Bloodstained. I'm the same, I'll spend out but for my wife but usually buy everything used for myself. It's bound to make you happy. Give Breath of the Wild a chance, too when you get it. It's a great game but many who played the older Zelda games got pissed with the open world and shrines. I didn't mind them...It's bound to be a great experience. If you're using the Lite, put on a good pair of headphones to feel with the games.

Happy Birthday, mate. Second poster mentioned Xenoblade 1 & 2. Go with that or Bloodstained. I'm the same, I'll spend out but for my wife but usually buy everything used for myself. It's bound to make you happy. Give Breath of the Wild a chance, too when you get it. It's a great game but many who played the older Zelda games got pissed with the open world and shrines. I didn't mind them...It's bound to be a great experience. If you're using the Lite, put on a good pair of headphones to feel with the games.
Good sir, I am definitely getting Breath of the Wild whenever I have the money. I want to get Bloodstained first but then next on my list is BotW.

Can you have more than one account per Switch?

For instance, I want my friend and his girlfriend to be able to play, but preferably using their own account. So could I just log out and he can log in to his own on the same Switch?

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Can you have more than one account per Switch?

For instance, I want my friend and his girlfriend to be able to play, but preferably using their own account. So could I just log out and he can log in to his own on the same Switch?

You can. And I think you can play each other’s games.

bender

What time is it?
Happy Birthday. Diablo is a wonderful port but I'd wait for a sale (this happens often and the discount is pretty substantial). I think the Skyrim port is good too but for the same reason, wait for a sale. The Bloodstained port is kind of iffy.

Happy Birthday. Diablo is a wonderful port but I'd wait for a sale (this happens often and the discount is pretty substantial). I think the Skyrim port is good too but for the same reason, wait for a sale. The Bloodstained port is kind of iffy.
I already bought Diablo Eternal Collection and Trials of Mana.

4t9pTFr.png

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Oh that'll be awesome if that's the case.
To give you an idea - my wife and I each have profiles on our Switch, and my eshop purchases show up on there even when on her account, and while she hasn’t bought anything yet I presume hers would show up on mine.

Note that if you have the cartridge then anyone can play anything. Switching accounts is easy, no passwords, just flip between profiles, though buying things on the eshop is password protected as you would expect.

To give you an idea - my wife and I each have profiles on our Switch, and my eshop purchases show up on there even when on her account, and while she hasn’t bought anything yet I presume hers would show up on mine.

Note that if you have the cartridge then anyone can play anything. Switching accounts is easy, no passwords, just flip between profiles, though buying things on the eshop is password protected as you would expect.
Do you know how many accounts you can have on a Switch?

I got a little birthday cash today and got the Bloodstained even though I hear bad but I am huge fan.

1.3 gigabytes for the latest patch. 1.3 gigabytes

ZtLvaWl.gif

Sucks I'll have to find wifi somewhere to do it.

If wifi I was also thinking this game to put me into holiday spirit.

rUdhBy0.jpg

Maybe even Call of Cthulhu.

But I don't wanna get to ahead. I'll have some good geimu to play.

Edit: ah shit I forgot Alien Isolation existed on Switch. Ah nvm it's digital download only fuuggg.....

Last edited:
I personally really enjoyed Trials of Mana, it was a great remake of the classic "never released in the West" Secret of Mana 2. Game took about 25 hours to complete, but has a huge amount of replayability as the story changes pretty drastically based on which of the heroes you choose, and in what order.
So I just started Trials of Mana.

Hey, my guy, this game is great! I've only been playing a little over 2 hours and it might already be my favorite game out of the three I have so far, the other two being Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and Diablo Eternal Collection.

This is my first ever Mana game too. I'm already loving this series.

UifVFXK.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom