• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 - The Brodeo) 08/20/08

Rlan

FartOfWar said:
Rlan, I did see you and you vanished. Is there any way to meet up with friends in the current beta?

Don't think so. I saw Chuff in another game. Hopefully it'll get implemented soon, as well as hopefully fix the problems I've been having just running the damn thing :lol

sikkinixx

you know, someone at ATI (or their marketing agent) worked REALLY hard on those shirts. They must be tearing up.

dawson-crying.jpg

DustoMan

Banned
FartOfWar said:
I could do something entirely different but I also half expect ATI or whoever it was to have a ton of those shirts left and PAX is the perfect place to offload them.

LOL. Oh man if they offer me one of those I might have a hard time holding back the laughter.

Johnkers

I was just listening to a GFW from a couple years back where Shawn was talking about something tasting like pennies :lol

Makes more sense now

Shawn, I'm amassing a rather large amount of candy for you guys. This is the main loot:

loot.jpg

I've to pick up a few other things tomorrow. I got two bags of Fruit Gums if you'd rather switch them with something.

Oh god Tangfastics, damn you, now I want some, :( I hope the train station shop has some tomorrow morning.
The GFW team are in for a treat with all that.

PowderedToast

Opus Angelorum said:
Shawn, I'm amassing a rather large amount of candy for you guys. This is the main loot:

I've to pick up a few other things tomorrow. I got two bags of Fruit Gums if you'd rather switch them with something.

The motherload!

FartOfWar

Banned
robut said:
where is 1upFM? I want to hear Shawn talk to the Braid guy.

What was supposed to be a "segment" was two hours on its own. So rather than chop it up they're making it a special for Labor Day. Hosts are Nick and myself. Guests are David Hellman, Jonathan Blow, and Rod Humble.

Akia

FartOfWar said:
What was supposed to be a "segment" was two hours on its own. So rather than chop it up they're making it a special for Labor Day. Hosts are Nick and myself. Guests are David Hellman, Jonathan Blow, and Rod Humble.

This is a stupid question but is it going to be 1upFM branded or GFW Radio?

Grecco

I had a chuckle today. Was reading the new Computer Shopper i got in the mail and at the end of a 8 page AMD/ATI add they offer you a GAMER FOR LIFE TShirt with the purchase of 1 AMD or ATI product. Comes in Black or White. :lol

eznark

Banned
FartOfWar said:

oh man, I want to hear Rod Humble...don't want to hear Jonathan Blow. Since Hellman did Braid art (right?) I fear this may be more Blow than Humble.

FartOfWar

Banned
eznark said:
oh man, I want to hear Rod Humble...don't want to hear Jonathan Blow. Since Hellman did Braid art (right?) I fear this may be more Blow than Humble.

Or Rod asking Jonathan and David questions and vice versa.

dLMN8R

Shawn - more Clear Sky and/or Warhead talk for this week on GFW? I'm interested in hearing how your opinions, especially of Clear Sky, match up (or don't) to the few reviews out there so far.

eznark

Banned
FartOfWar said:
Or Rod asking Jonathan and David questions and vice versa.

now that sounds good, like the round table thing with Dylan Cuthbert, the Everyay Shooter guy and Erik Wolpaw. I guess I just find Rod Humble more of a dynamic (thus interesting) individual than Jonathan Blow...from the overall limited exposure to the two.

didn't mean to sound like a dick, sitting in a terrible executive writing course right now and bored/cranky

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
All this PC-talk on the podcasts is making me wanna start playing some Counter Strike again (since CS:S is the most advanced game -- in terms of graphics -- I can play). Is there any server frequented by NeoGAF?

EDIT: Ah, there's a TF2-thread. I don't know how to play that game, though.

eznark

Banned
check the online forum, GAF server listed right on top, although I don't know how well populated it is lately.

there is a CS:S server too bro

FartOfWar

Banned
dLMN8R said:
Shawn - more Clear Sky and/or Warhead talk for this week on GFW? I'm interested in hearing how your opinions, especially of Clear Sky, match up (or don't) to the few reviews out there so far.
Rory and I are doing a conversation-style preview of Battlefield Heroes right now (it's his turn so I tabbed to GAF). It goes up tomorrow morning.

dLMN8R

FartOfWar said:
Rory and I are doing a conversation-style preview of Battlefield Heroes right now (it's his turn so I tabbed to GAF). It goes up tomorrow morning.
awesome. I'm already in the beta but I hope you guys know more about it.

bu.bu..bu...but what about clear sky and Warhead? :D

Mindlog

Finished Broken Angels by Morgan.

Not bad. Definitely different from Altered Carbon. 3/5?
Probably not going to bother with Woken Furies though.

Prompted me to take a peak at his catalog. I'm not a fantasy fan, but I'll be keeping an eye out for the word on his 'Fantasy Noir' novel set to come out any time now.

subrock

madmook said:
Why's Ryan such a pansy? Its just some jellybeans.
I have his back. I had a standoff with my friends a couple months ago. I'm a non-drinker and thusly I have a healthy fear of puking.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ItsInMyVeins said:
It's so much easier to learn than counter-strike. I'm sure somebody has a guest pass floating around.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Htown said:
It's so much easier to learn than counter-strike. I'm sure somebody has a guest pass floating around.

I've got the game and all (Orange Box). CS:S I've already spent a lot of hours, although that was some time ago. When I tried TF2 I just failed miserably over and over again, so I didn't bother with it :p

subrock said:
I have his back. I had a standoff with my friends a couple months ago. I'm a non-drinker and thusly I have a healthy fear of puking.

Only a man who has drunk far too much alcohol, and paid the price, can truly posses the fear of puking.

Truant

Shawn, I don't know how much you can talk about this, but how is the sense of exploration in Clear Sky, compared to the original? I loved how you never knew what to expect, and I was also a bit disappointed to hear Robert say the horror element was toned down.

FartOfWar

Banned
Truant said:
Shawn, I don't know how much you can talk about this, but how is the sense of exploration in Clear Sky, compared to the original? I loved how you never knew what to expect, and I was also a bit disappointed to hear Robert say the horror element was toned down.
Keep in mind that Robert said he had just got to the entrance of a "dungeon" -- the horror elements in the original STALKER happened underground. I expect it to be the same in Clear Skies. And the exploration is better this time I believe.

fallout

FartOfWar said:
Battlefield Heroes impressions from me and Rory: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3169604&p=1
Disappointing, but unsurprising. Your point about putting up with Battlefield's bullshit is entirely true. BF2 provided some of the most fun I've had in online gaming, but that was in spite of many things.

I haven't really been following the game too closely and was surprised that there was a character creation setup. How complicated is it? Will they even be able to come close to balancing it? Even if the game is all over the place with its "target" audience, I'd still like to hop in, play it and have some fun.

As a heads up on Dawn of War 2, there is a contest for the Penny Arcade Expo posted on the community site:

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/

DAWN OF WAR II - PAX Community Exclusive

We've been alluding to the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle, Washington for some time now... and guess what... PAX is kicking off THIS FRIDAY, August 29th!

On our forums, a lot of fans have been asking to see Dawn Of War II in action; level walkthroughs and detailed gameplay. We are very please to deliver! In case you've missed the subtle (yet quite prominent) description on the PAX website, we will be showing all of the fans and community in attendance a LIVE demo of Dawn of War II.

Yes, it's true. - a LIVE demo of the game in action played right before your eyes, hosted by Dawn Of War II's very own Producer, Mark Noseworthy, and Lead Designer, Jonny Ebbert. And, of course, following the demo we'll have an audience Q&A.

Relic Entertainment Presents: Dawn of War II
WHEN: Friday, August 29th, 2008
TIME: 8:00pm to 9:00pm
WHERE: Walrus Theatre

We've reserved some special front-row seating for the presentation, and some personalized swag for you guys in our community... all we ask for is a little something in return. A simple haiku about our favourite topic on this forum, Dawn Of War II , just might net you one of these reserved seats and some Relic Swag!

The Details are below! We're really excited to see you there, and we can't wait to read what you come up with! And remember that if you can't make it to PAX, watch out for us at other events coming up like Games Workshop's Games' Day next month.

Didn't think it warranted it's own thread :)

I'm still looking forward to Battlefield Heroes, regardless of these issues. I just want to play around with it for a little bit, and hey, it'll be free at least.

That preview of Battlefield Heroes reminds me of when I tried playing that Korean mmo-whatever game Gunz. I don't know if I really like the sound of where it is heading, but as long as Battlefield 3 is coming, I don't care much about this one.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I agree about BF2, the amount of BS in that game is just crazy, but it's probably given me more stories than any other game (we need to get a GAF squad going again sometime).

Pretty much agree about Heroes, and without saying too much, the main problem I have with the game is characters being tied to a class, join a game and someone is whoring a tank then if you ain't got the class to take it down you gotta quit out and switch.

Ikuu said:
I agree about BF2, the amount of BS in that game is just crazy, but it's probably given me more stories than any other game (we need to get a GAF squad going again sometime).

Pretty much agree about Heroes, and without saying too much, the main problem I have with the game is characters being tied to a class, join a game and someone is whoring a tank then if you ain't got the class to take it down you gotta quit out and switch.
It's not really a problem. There are ample tanks and all classes have some kind of Anti-tank weapon.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
dLMN8R said:

this. just please talk about warhead. please! I need to know how much they optimized the engine.

EDIT- too late I see.

Top Bottom