• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 - The Brodeo) 08/20/08

pipu.gif

deck

Neo Member
Sometimes I get the impression that Shawn is embarrassed about video game culture and the fact that he works at a gaming site

I think he secretly wishes he worked in an academic field of some sort...yet he works at 1up (which is not bad)

I remember him talking about going to graduate school or something like that

This might be the reason for his constant griefing and his sometimes pompous attitude

Aselith

deck said:
Sometimes I get the impression that Shawn is embarrassed about video game culture and the fact that he works at a gaming site

I think he secretly wishes he worked in an academic field of some sort...yet he works at 1up (which is not bad)

This might be the reason for his constant griefing and his sometimes pompous attitude

Again?

Tadale

I haven't been able to listen to the last couple of podcasts. Can someone explain to me the whole Anthony drama/joke?

voltron

deck said:

You obviously havent listened to too many episodes.

LCfiner

deck said:

snuh? you pasted this word for word from last week's GFW thread.

jeesh, talk about jumping the gun. How about we try talking about this episode first before we start talking out of our asses?

deck said:

I agree. I also heard he was part of that whole 'Yale' thing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Delicious.

I'm gonna get liquored up, eat some pizza then go on a nice evening stroll with GFWMOTHERFUCKINGRADIO.

I AM JOHN! said:
Also quick, someone post something funny before Deck totally ruins this thread!!
A few friends and I started moonlighting second life again:
Mugshot.jpg

The rest of the pictures probably aren't GAF safe, but you can figure out how to see them with some clever URL manipulation.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
deck said:

Chill out, guys. He just posted this because nobody will be going to the old thread anymore and Shawn won't see his question. I am also curious about this, Shawn seems overqualified to work at 1up and I've also wondered why he hasn't moved on. Put another way, he's like the smart guy in school who should be skipping three grades ahead, but he's currently so bored in class that he pulls pranks and griefs everybody to keep himself from falling asleep.

Not that I'm complaining about him working with 1up at all. He's probably simultaneously the most insightful and entertaining guy in the industry.

Nameless

I work while listening to pretty much every other podcast, but I just sit there and watch my productivity numbers fall while listening to GFW!

Kayas

Neo Member
Just started listening and as always, effing amazing.
GFW has absolutely got the best group of guys on any podcast out. Hilarious.:lol

And I got my copy of Dictionary of the Khazars today, can't wait to start reading.

I'm not trying to be that rude here or anything, and I am probably in the minority here, but I thought the first 20 or so minutes before the actual game talk began was pretty bad. It actually kind of reminded me of that Top Gear gardening special.

Kayas

Neo Member
Linkzg said:
I'm not trying to be that rude here or anything, and I am probably in the minority here, but I thought the first 20 or so minutes before the actual game talk began was pretty bad. It actually kind of reminded me of that Top Gear gardening special.

Definitely in the minority. The PM's were great. :D
Everything before the games talk was great stuff.

DMczaf

Duck said:
thebrodeo.jpg

OP fails for not having the GFW banner. Redeem yourself by adding this!

Ever since someone said Ryan Scott looks like a quadriplegic in that banner, I can't unsee it :lol

GFW has easily become my number one podcast. After listening to it, everything else out there just feels really boring.

Shawn Elliot is really talented. Let's hope he doesn't move on to greener pastures.

My friend brought some candy from Sweden, if there's enough I might send some over to the GFW crew.
Edit: There's no fucking way they're serious about Anthony.
Double Edit: Fucking awesome intro. :lol :lol

Top Bottom