• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 - The Brodeo) 08/20/08

AkuMifune

Banned
Fuck Yaddle! lol.

EDIT: Though I do have a good friend who gets really upset when we make fun of Episodes 1, 2 & 3. Maybe not so funny after all...

ATF487

needs more

brodeodance.gif

shit forgot about sean. oh well.

Crateman

I have something I want to get off my chest that has been bothering me for a while...

Why is it that, most of the time, the embedded image on the podcast file is a shitty low-res version of the GFW Radio logo? Some random weeks the image goes back to the hi-res version of the image. I listen to all my podcast on my iPhone and the low-res image looks bad on it. I kept a copy of the hi-res image and almost every week I need to replace the image on the podcast so it looks nice and clean. And it just happens on GFW Radio... all the other 1Up Podcast have their proper artwork every week. Such an amazing podcast needs amazing artwork.

Here's the hi-version of the image:
2vi017c.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure in the podcast from 2 weeks ago they casually mentioned they did it just to spite you.

lol it pisses me off too.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
Elbrain said:
We going to hear some Warhammer Online talk sometime?

Yes, but...we talked about it at length on the most recent Legendary Thread too, so you could listen to that as well!

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Crateman said:
I have something I want to get off my chest that has been bothering me for a while...

Why is it that, most of the time, the embedded image on the podcast file is a shitty low-res version of the GFW Radio logo? Some random weeks the image goes back to the hi-res version of the image. I listen to all my podcast on my iPhone and the low-res image looks bad on it. I kept a copy of the hi-res image and almost every week I need to replace the image on the podcast so it looks nice and clean. And it just happens on GFW Radio... all the other 1Up Podcast have their proper artwork every week. Such an amazing podcast needs amazing artwork.

2vi017c.jpg
I agree, up the resolution on the artwork fellas. All your podcasts for that matter.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
JeffGreen said:
Yes, but...we talked about it at length on the most recent Legendary Thread too, so you could listen to that as well!

All right then will have a listen sir!

dLMN8R said:
They talk about it? Fuck yes - I'm still at the Space Siege/Too Human discussion.

A good deal. It actually got me really excited for the game.

The bit about
facing guys who try to rob you, and literally taking everything
sound awesome. And Robert is spot on when talking about how an American studio would handle STALKER.

SnowWolf said:
Chill out, guys. He just posted this because nobody will be going to the old thread anymore and Shawn won't see his question. I am also curious about this, Shawn seems overqualified to work at 1up and I've also wondered why he hasn't moved on. Put another way, he's like the smart guy in school who should be skipping three grades ahead, but he's currently so bored in class that he pulls pranks and griefs everybody to keep himself from falling asleep.

Not that I'm complaining about him working with 1up at all. He's probably simultaneously the most insightful and entertaining guy in the industry.

Because his job is awesome?

Jeez guys, lay of deck. He posted the same thing in here so people like Shawn will actually see it, since no one will visit last week's thread anymore. No need to get so defensive about it. I'm sure Shawn is capable of voicing his own opinion if he feels the need.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Was that whole thing with Anthony in the beginning about Star Wars serious? If so, what a fucktard nerd. If not, then it wasnt really funny cause it seemed serious :/

~Kinggi~ said:
Was that whole thing with Anthony in the beginning about Star Wars serious? If so, what a fucktard nerd. If not, then it wasnt really funny cause it seemed serious :/

Requesting tag transfer.

dLMN8R

ahahahahah, I was waiting for Anthony to chime in exactly as he did and I wasn't disappointed. The last two episodes have been perfect - a nice balance between weird random shit and excellent game talk. Keep it up guys!

As for Robert's question about why Valve keeps releasing so much content for free, it was basically answered on the show - that they get good well, spread word of mouth, etc. It was mentioned how Activision's doing that with CoD 4 but they charge for content.

Basically, just look at the top-selling games on Steam on the web site - every time Valve releases new content for TF2, sales for TF2 spike to take the top spot for a long time. Especially with the combination of new content + free weekends, it wouldn't be surprising at all if they easily make back whatever they spent on manpower developing the new content on each release.

At the same time, they get more people using Steam, more people looking at the library, and more people buying other games on the service. By releasing free content for TF2, there's no doubt whatsoever that it's financially worth it to them in the end. Besides, if they started charging for TF2 additions, they'd simply piss off their userbase.

~Kinggi~ said:
So you finished the podcast?

Brak

~Kinggi~ said:
dude. DUDE.

Epiphyte

JeffGreen said:
You need to keep that "The GAME SUCKED!" clip around for future use

I had the entire passenger compartment staring at me, I was laughing so hard at that bit.

Ten-Song

Epiphyte said:
You need to keep that "The GAME SUCKED!" clip around for future use

I had the entire passenger compartment staring at me, I was laughing so hard at that bit.

Yeah, the whole discussion on that game was great.

Levi

Banned
Nooo! Anthony, how could you? GFW clearly doesn't respect Star Wars, and that means they don't respect YOU.

I for one am not turning my back on Yaddle. She deserves respect! You don't milk a Jedi!

You. Don't. Milk. A. Jedi.

Mentioned it earlier in this thread, but my Zune software randomly re-downloaded one of the episodes where Shawn talked about Moonlighting in Second Life. A group of friends and I went back in and made our avatars walking phalluses (see phalluses with legs). It got some pretty fun reactions, but when we entered a voice chat world I had to start recording. I took out all of the gaps of silence between what this woman (?) was saying, and added some background music, but otherwise she was just breaking out all of the threats. I was just standing there doing a "Salsa Dance" as a large Phallus man, but she just got more and more angry.

There's a link to the NSFW screens in the descriptor of the audio:

http://boomp3.com/listen/c07dgjwjd_4/bumpkin-life

This is the only place that would make sense to post it...

Jeez Jack, lay off the guys. Deck posted the same thing in here so people like us would have to see it again, since no one cared about it in last week's thread. No need to get so defensive about it. I'm sure Deck is capable of voicing his own opinion if he feels the need.

GODDAMNIT FUCK ANTHONY. I FUCKING HATE THAT GUY AND HIS STUPID STAR WARS ANTICS. (Great episode, love it btw. Anthony is hilarious and :lol :lol :lol @ him really being a Star Wars machine).

adelante

shit the gaming news dedicated to the prisoner demographic....previews of games that're coming out in 25years? wtf :lol :lol :lol thanks for reminding me why The Brodeo's the best gaming podcast BY FAR

Edit: holy crap JeffGreen..."I'm not gonna let 'em cut in - THE GAME SUCKED!@!!~" Never heard you that highstrung. :lol

Druz

adelante said:
Edit: holy crap JeffGreen..."I'm not gonna let 'em cut in - THE GAME SUCKED!@!!~" Never heard you that highstrung. :lol

I burst out laughing at that point, needed to be a clip used as one liner for trash.

Chufmoney

Neo Member
GFW is a place for fun times. I dont know that a summary of the chuf love story arc would fit in. It might just be sad and out of place.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Chufmoney said:
GFW is a place for fun times. I dont know that a summary of the chuf love story arc would fit in. It might just be sad and out of place.

Out of sadness comes laughter.

Chufmoney said:

She was a whore anyway, man! Plus, she was a fucking whore.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I don't get why everyone puts Yaddle on some kind of pedestal or something. I was with her, she's just 10 bucks and greasy as shit.

Chufmoney

Neo Member
Nothing bad to say about the girl. Things just dont always work out between folks. I'll talk with the others and see if we think a final chuf love would be good.

Crateman said:

2vi017c.jpg

Dude...

~Kinggi~ said:

Dude...really?

voltron

Jesus Christ Bobito gets more stoned and spaced out every episode.

Bobito I love you man, but I swear you must be a stoner. Sorry no denying, youre spaced out stoner drawl gets worse every week!

All good though.

LCfiner

"And what do you think of this, Anthony?"

nice way to finally break the joke for those who may have still thought it was real :)

The more I listen to that original Anthony monologue, the more i can hear his voice cracking at the script. :lol :lol

If it wasn't for the primordial midget line, you may have lured a few more people

voltron

Seriously anyone who thought that joke was anything but a joke needs pop a few more IQ pills. Chuff loves being on GFWR. Its pretty obvious listening to the show (I mean who wouldnt be stoked to be the Brodeo).

Shawn we need more heroes of the web & message board raps man. Seriously. Were you told to tone those down by the people up the ladder?

the1aser

Anthony said, in the 1UP FM segment, that he got some play from a primordial midget who was cosplaying Yaddle at the New York ComicCon. How in the hell were any of you unclear at any point as to whether or not it was a joke? I weep for the internet.

Top Bottom