• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio- The Lost Verses

http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/CGW/061407.mp3

GFW Radio - Podcast - 06/14/2007
GFW Radio Outtake "special!" Due to technical difficulties, or alien sabotage, this week's GFW Radio, which would have been a whopping 2.5 hour geek-a-palooza, was lost forever in hard drive hell. However, our hero Sean Molloy did manage to find and recover the last 40 minutes, which we present to you simply for curiosity's sake, like a car wreck. For collectors and completists only.

Akia

downloading now.

I'm still heart broken, 2.5 hour podcast all gone :(

edit: dang, jeff almost seemed like he was about to cry.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
151fs446642.jpg

Thermite

I'm dying laughing at the whole "how people react to your job" discussion.

"tighten up those graphics yet Jeff?" :lol

Good to hear the Vonnegut love. I've gone back to "Breakfast of Champions" again. Fun times.

Also, the mentioning of playing PC titles without maxing the graphics quality out? Totally agree. I still can't play Battlefield 2 on high settings, but I keep playing. Forever. And ever.

Foxtastical said:
Also, the mentioning of playing PC titles without maxing the graphics quality out? Totally agree. I still can't play Battlefield 2 on high settings, but I keep playing. Forever. And ever.

Everyone, at some point, needs to play PC games on underpowered hardware for a decent period of time. I did this in college simply because I didn't have a lot of money, and man the stuff that most people normal whine and complain about in terms of framerate and occasional hiccups doesn't bother me at all. When your hardware is weak, you play games for the game alone. :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The beginning was ****ing awesome. It`s a shame half of it was lost via technical difficulties.

The rest of it was hilarious!

I used to install cable, which meant suffering through some horrid crawl spaces and basements. I couldn't imagine sleeping in that bed, for fear of waking up to a Buick LeSabre-sized spider sucking the lifeforce from me.

FartOfWar

Banned
Joseph Merrick said:
haha. what is this? I mean, is there a story?

No, it's just some shitty SAF goon's room that a friend linked me. :lol Man, I just got this wild (but unrelated) idea for the mother of all GFW opening skits, though. Time to start preparing.

FartOfWar

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
That was great, too bad so much is missing but thanks for posting it.

The bummer, of course, is that we were crazy wound up the whole show, and then hit a mellow wind down period right before the remaining segment. We'll make up for it next week, though.

Pikelet

The bummer, of course, is that we were crazy wound up the whole show, and then hit a mellow wind down period right before the remaining segment.
I hadn't laughed so hard all week until you guys started talking about the simpson's, the Tracy Chapman reference out of nowhere was just classic

FartOfWar

Banned
Wanna guest produce tomorrow's GFW Radio intro skit?

Anyone think they have the chops and can keep all info they'd receive to work with top secret? I have multiple voice tracks that I've recorded along with the script and instructions for assembling the tracks and music into something special. You'd get props from me on the show if I use your work, of course.

If so, let me know, as we begin production/shipping next week and Sean Molloy (who makes all the audio magic happen for us) is likely gonna be too slammed to mess with pet podcast projects.

You won't need to make music (unless you're inspired), just compile the wave files I taped according to the script. I know jack shit about Garage Band or any other suitable programs.

1167740393550cr9fecou3.jpg

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Wow I missed this and almost forgot about it, thanks for the bump, guess I'll be falling asleep to the tender voices of the GFW staff tonight.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
FartOfWar said:

Anyone think they have the chops and can keep all info they'd receive to work with top secret? I have multiple voice tracks that I've recorded along with the script and instructions for assembling the tracks and music into something special. You'd get props from me on the show if I use your work, of course.

If so, let me know, as we begin production/shipping next week and Sean Molloy (who makes all the audio magic happen for us) is likely gonna be too slammed to mess with pet podcast projects.

You won't need to make music (unless you're inspired), just compile the wave files I taped according to the script. I know jack shit about Garage Band or any other suitable programs.

I happily would, but I'm up against deadlines myself. Let me know if you need a hand some other time, though.

FartOfWar

Banned
alistairw said:
I happily would, but I'm up against deadlines myself. Let me know if you need a hand some other time, though.

I appreciate it. I'm not sure how much work it will take but figured we might have someone who knows something about splicing files and such on these boards.

alistairw

I'm not saying I'm the audio master or anything, but I have a fair idea of how to splice things together, hah. I did a remix of Dr. Murray Ball's 'What You Can Learn From the Kinsey Report' a week or so back.

But, yeah - this week is just crazy for me. It's 7:30am where I live, and I haven't been to bed since this time yesterday. I've got some pretty major shit due...uh...now.

FartOfWar

Banned
alistairw said:
I'm not saying I'm the audio master or anything, but I have a fair idea of how to splice things together, hah. I did a remix of Dr. Murray Ball's 'What You Can Learn From the Kinsey Report' a week or so back.

But, yeah - this week is just crazy for me. It's 7:30am where I live, and I haven't been to bed since this time yesterday. I've got some pretty major shit due...uh...now.

What do you do?

alistairw

I work for CMP. Remember that developer salary survey from a few months back? This is the sequel, more or less.

I can't really say much about it yet, but I'm sure you'll see it in a week or so.

I've PMed you my email address, by the way.

kylej

Banned
FartOfWar said:
No, it's just some shitty SAF goon's room that a friend linked me. :lol

Here's the other picture (the guy who lived here ended up killing himself iirc)

44917computersetupmonkey5eo.jpg

Goon rooms are the worst

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
FartOfWar said:

1167740393550cr9fecou3.jpg

Talk to hyoushi, he does all the Gafcast stuff. He's pretty damn good!

Top Bottom