• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 Brodeo) 03/26/2008 - Get well, Black Dragon

Rlan

Rlan said:
For the regular GFWers:

I just recently got my connection upgraded to a much faster speed - today I realised I can now upload stuff to youtube at incredible speed! Much better than the 10k upload speed I had, now I've got 200k :)

So I've been going through some old, OLD videos I had on some really old discs and found some great gems of the past, some of them yet to appear on Youtube at all, and some allowing you to reminisce on the "glory" days of the internet.

The hilarious GameRadar (I think) video where they smashed a PS2 - back when they were in incredibly limited demand. Made so many fanboys angry :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTiAiz6x38U

The original Xbox Live Promotional Video. Holy hell it's so horrible..:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ODOa2AT0E

IGN Presents Dreamcast Vs. PS2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgsdbLbhaTg

One of the very original "Halo Warthog Jump" videos, and probably the best one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B2stWVB-UM

The bizarre comedic stylings of "The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog" (WTF)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GdEWa-_j2c

DANCE SHIGGY DANCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIzJOUqdCw

Halo "Asshole" music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNLQNBEmXrQ

Watch them all, they're great. Oh you early '00's internet.

quoting for the new page

Rlan said:
For the regular GFWers:

I just recently got my connection upgraded to a much faster speed - today I realised I can now upload stuff to youtube at incredible speed! Much better than the 10k upload speed I had, now I've got 200k :)

So I've been going through some old, OLD videos I had on some really old discs and found some great gems of the past, some of them yet to appear on Youtube at all, and some allowing you to reminisce on the "glory" days of the internet.

The original Xbox Live Promotional Video. Holy hell it's so horrible..:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ODOa2AT0E
Whatever happened to Re-Volt Live?

I saw that video back in the day and got my hopes up :(

Captain Glanton said:
Well, I made it until I heard the phrase "it was way easy." Then I got dizzy and had to turn it off.
What's with video game corporations and the molesting of the English language?

Remember that Sony promotion video? "I heard the graphics is crazy".

*shudder*

Jacobi

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
It's not actually him, but I imagine Jeff would approve of such behaviour.
Nah, that is black dragon. He's enjoying his time while everyone worries about his alleged flu

alu

blackdragon.jpg

Get well Black Dragon.

FartOfWar

Banned
DubloSeven said:
Oh my god, that Xbox Live Promotion video... I could only watch about 6 seconds of it.

Wow, where did this originally appear?

"We are gonna so beat you!"

"That dude's a jerk"

Oh god, they give pound when they mute the chick with the masking.

voltron

FartOfWar said:
Wow, where did this originally appear?

"We are gonna so beat you!"

"That dude's a jerk"

Oh god, they give pound when they mute the chick with the masking.

Oh God its so wrong in so many ways.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I AM JOHN! said:
Hey Skip once said they have 8 mics, right?

100th Brodeo Extravaganza:
The usual gang, plus:
Dr. Maxx Chill
Anthony
Crispin
Darren
And a half-hour of nothing but Heroes of the Web/Whisky Nerd.

This is what I want.
Needs more Ken Levine IMO.

Only thing I remember from Chuck E. Cheese is that there was a ride where you sat on in a helicopter and all the ride did was go up and down on a pole, but when I was younger that was the the most awesome thing to me. I also remember it having crappy arcade games, even my dentist had better arcade games than it.

fallout

FartOfWar said:
That's a long ass video but the last few minutes are money. Don't miss it.
I watched the whole thing while eating some late supper. I think my favourite bit was the critique of the miming and when he was saying that pretending to open a door required a step-by-step process. It's just not that easy, people!

Flavius

Great video.

Back when I lived in Jacksonville, we had Showbiz Pizza Place, which was pretty much the same deal except instead of a funny rat for a mascot, Showbiz had an inbred, beer-bellied bear. The animatronic redneck animals and cardboard pizza sucked the big one, but the arcade really was full of win. There were a few lame kiddie rides, but most of the space was filled with great coin-ops.

Unfortunately, Chuck E. won out and once they were converted, most of the good games were replaced by ball pits and lameass vibrating train "rides" that didn't do much else other than move a couple of inches up and down.

DubloSeven said:
I can't imagine how depressing it is to have that as your job.

While walking around in the suit, I wouldn't be surprised if the person is crying.

I have always been curious if they wear a diaper. If they did, could you imagine him taking a dump in his pants as kids are sitting on his lap or he is serving your pizza?

sp0rsk said:
My 18th birthday was at Chuck E. Cheese, it was awesome.
18? Awesome?

McDonald's birthday parties are still the dreariest things ever. Sitting outside the ol' ball pit with 16 year-old employees serving Famous Amos cookies. Great.

John Locke said:
CeC was great, but did you guys ever go to a Discovery Zone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr3uVgMwSag

I'm not sure about other locations but ours was a gigantic multi-level ball pit with a tiny arcade packed into the back corner. It was so awesome.
We had a thing like that over here called "Fun Factory".

It was awesome. There was this one particular area, which was really dark. You'd wait for kids to walk through the entrance and jump out and frighten them, half to death. So much fun.

There was also Ball Pits, which had swinging ropes hanging over them. Friends and I would swing on these ropes and kick other kids.

Aaaah, childhood bullying... so many memories.

fallout

Linkzg said:
I have always been curious if they wear a diaper. If they did, could you imagine him taking a dump in his pants as kids are sitting on his lap or he is serving your pizza?
I guess they just mime their way to the bathroom.

I've done mascot work one too many times. I've been Clifford the Big Red Dog and Franklin the Turtle for a local library. You're asked to hold infants a lot. The kids are either terrified or, bugging you. The teenagers are all about messing with you. Taking the head, Unzipping the back, kicking, rib-breaking hugs. Occasionally there will be an attractive lady that shows affection to the character, but that doesn't make it worth it.

I only dropped one baby.

voltron

Buttonbasher said:
I've done mascot work one too many times. I've been Clifford the Big Red Dog and Franklin the Turtle for a local library. You're asked to hold infants a lot. The kids are either terrified or, bugging you. The teenagers are all about messing with you. Taking the head, Unzipping the back, kicking, rib-breaking hugs. Occasionally there will be an attractive lady that shows affection to the character, but that doesn't make it worth it.

I only dropped one baby.

say what?

voltron said:
say what?
Thus why I don't do it any more. I was a local pool's mascot Swish the fish. It had large 3 pronged hands. My hands were in the Left and right most fingers. The lady passed me the child into the 4 unused fingers. It fell right through. I slid down and the kid landed on my legs but my head fell off, and the suit ripped. That kid must be traumatized... The mom was crying and my boss was so upset I was asked to leave the pool immediately and bring the suit back when the pool had closed. I remember walking home down the street with the torn, headless suit. People kept honking at me... That's the worst job I think I've ever had.

voltron

Buttonbasher said:
Thus why I don't do it any more. I was a local pool's mascot Swish the fish. It had large 3 pronged hands. My hands were in the Left and right most fingers. The lady passed me the child into the 4 unused fingers. It fell right through. I slid down and the kid landed on my legs but my head fell off, and the suit ripped. That kid must be traumatized... The mom was crying and my boss was so upset I was asked to leave the pool immediately and bring the suit back when the pool had closed. I remember walking home down the street with the torn, headless suit. People kept honking at me... That's the worst job I think I've ever had.

Boss sounds like an ass. Not like it was your fault.

voltron said:
Boss sounds like an ass. Not like it was your fault.
The eyes on everyone at the pool were on me as I just kind of looked around. At least the kid didn't hit the concrete. I was pushed into the pool before and almost drowned in that suit. In hindsight when I tore the suit falling down was like a caterpillar emerging out of a cocoon as a butterfly. I was Free.

The only other mascot was a Trojan for my school. You can guess what happened there.

Flavius

Buttonbasher said:
The eyes on everyone at the pool were on me as I just kind of looked around. At least the kid didn't hit the concrete. I was pushed into the pool before and almost drowned in that suit. In hindsight when I tore the suit falling down was like a caterpillar emerging out of a cocoon as a butterfly. I was Free.

The only other mascot was a Trojan for my school. You can guess what happened there.

Lot of prophylactics tossed in your general direction?

Flavius said:
Lot of prophylactics tossed in your general direction?
That and they would fill them with soap, stick them in the microwave and stick them in the head before I put it on. At least I keep telling myself it was soap...

Flavius

Buttonbasher said:
That and they would fill them with soap, stick them in the microwave and stick them in the head before I put it on. At least I keep telling myself it was soap...

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. What a bunch of dicks (no lame pun intended).

Buttonbasher said:

I only dropped one baby.
I read that as Raw Dog.

Top Bottom