• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 - The Brodeo) 08/27/08

Xrenity

Question for Jeff:
Which current cast member should be the new show host?
Or who should it be if you could choose anyone.

subrock

Xrenity said:
Question for Jeff:
I would prefer it were asked like: what would you say, would be the ideal battleground for the remaining cast members to battle to become replacement host? what weapons will they use?

Sulaco

I will miss Jeff's hilarious rants and off-the-cuff remarks - I hope that he will still feature in podcasts now and again.

Flavius

My question is:

How the fuck did the guy who couldn't be on the 1up Spore video interview with Wil Wright and Lucy Bradshaw because he chewed a pen so hard ink covered the bottom half of his face end up getting a job at EA in the Sims division?

Just kidding! Love ya, Jeff.

FartOfWar

Banned
Flavius said:
My question is:

How the fuck did the guy who couldn't be on the 1up Spore video interview with Wil Wright and Lucy Bradshaw because he chewed a pen so hard ink covered the bottom half of his face end up getting a job at EA in the Sims division?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Akia

Please clear up what the heck Sean is doing at Blizzard. Did they tie him up in a closet or something?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Flavius said:
My question is:

Haha! I forgot all about that. :lol :lol :lol

My question Shawn: Having been a game journalist for so many years, what is the biggest misconception about the gaming industry Ebony Dragon thinks he has to face as he joins the Sims Team?

Thanks.

Epiphyte

Jeff, what was it like to go from relative obscurity to Black Dragon, podcast superstar?

Did you feel extra pressure in reviews and such because people started associating your byline with an actual person?

I'll miss ya

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Xrenity said:
Question for Jeff:
It'd be awesome if Ryan acted as host from now on. He has seniority after all.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
FartOfWar said:
Hey, I was an EGM editor before Ryan started interning for CGW.

You guys could just take turns, you know. So one week we'll get surfer talk without surfing, another complete silence, a third weird stories and anecdotes and Company of Heroes. Different themes and all!

PARANO1A

Question for Jeff:
All "dad" jokes aside, what's the most fatherly thing you've had to do for a co-worker/Brodeo member? Eg. tuck them into bed after an all night jelly-bean extravaganza that went too far.... ?

Crateman

Questions for Jeff:

-During the almost two decades in which you worked for ZD, which technological advance had brought the more headaches and swearing with it? Is there a particular piece of software or a machine that had you scream "FUCK THIS SHIT!!"?

-Which has been the best place for having lunch during all these years? Is there a particular place where you loved eating?

-Was there a particular game that you liked over a competing title -As in Metal Gear V.S Splinter Cell- that you had bitter arguments with someone?

Don

The first GFW Radio that I listened to is the one where Shawn does the Whiskey Nerd "Bottom of my computer desk" intro, but yesterday I went back and downloaded most of the older podcasts and I just listened to the very first episode. Its pretty crazy to see how far the podcast has come since that episode. I also love how Jeff started the very first episode with "Hello and welcome to the first, and probably last ever computer gaming world podcast." :lol

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Don said:
The first GFW Radio that I listened to is the one where Shawn does the Whiskey Nerd "Bottom of my computer desk" intro, but yesterday I went back and downloaded most of the older podcasts and I just listened to the very first episode. Its pretty crazy to see how far the podcast has come since that episode. I also love how Jeff started the very first episode with "Hello and welcome to the first, and probably last ever computer gaming world podcast." :lol

I've started going back listening to older stuff too, since I haven't heard it before. And to some extent it's kinda fresh to me as well, since I recently upgrade my computer and is playing games like Stalker and Crysis for the first time now.

pandaeskimo

Neo Member
I'd be interested in all the stuff Jeff and Shawn were doing on 1up after GFW closed. It seems like Jeff and Shawn kind of got into a whole lot of little things, and not a strong single presence like GFW magazine. "Forcing" Jeff to do liveblogs etc seems to have just underlined the fact that he wouldn't get to keep doing what he loved at CGW and GFW.

I wish you all the best most delicious candies in the world. If I could find them, I'd mail them to you.

Jag22

Banned
I hope The Brodeo continues. Even without Jeff it's a great show. And i'm sure Jeff would guest host on the podcast every so often.

Or at least I would hope so. :)

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
I'm really hoping to hear Jeff's airport story one last time. Six or seven times in the past two years is nowhere near enough.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Questions for Jeff:

- While Shawn's more known for being a prankster, what's the best prank you pulled in all your years at Ziff Davis?
- In quite a few GFW radio shows you've had quite a few hilarious discussions about furries. If you were to compare each GFW regular with an animal, what animal would that be and why?

Bit of a personal question I guess, but what do your family and friends think of your career-choice? Do they have full understanding of what you do and why you do it? Would they've rather seen you choosing another line of work? How has their perspective changed over the years, if at all? etc etc

Basically, I'm just wondering if you could talk a bit about balancing family-life with a career in gaming. Being so far removed from the industry I find stuff like that interesting.

mileS

Flavius said:
My question is:

:lol forgot about that.

Happy Birthday Shawn!

Nyrad

oh and i forgot - i hope we get an epic birthday jeff's escape brodeo today before CERN starts today with their LHC Project ;D

Nizz

ICallItFutile said:
Can someone explain to me why Robert Ashley was attacked on the train? :lol
I remember that show! :lol Something about him being mistaken for being on the train when he wasn't supposed to be. To top it off, the person he was sharing the cab/room he was in was a dev who's game Max Chill had given a bad review to! :lol :lol What are the chances!

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
fps fanatic said:
I remember that show! :lol Something about him being mistaken for being on the train when he wasn't supposed to be. To top it off, the person he was sharing the cab/room he was in was a dev who's game Max Chill had given a bad review to! :lol :lol What are the chances!

And this is where the story gets weird...

Irulan

Neo Member
To keep it a gfw thread.

79984241.jpg

Top Bottom