• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 The Brodeo) - 7/2/08

DuckRacer

Just popped up on iTunes...

x6p03.jpg

Download - 33:50 - 15.7 MB

This week, it's Not GFW Radio, where Ryan Scott, Anthony Gallegos, and newly-rehired 1UP Editor Thierry "Scooter" Nguyen discuss Blizzard's Diablo III announcement and Microsoft's big GFW event.

Pewp

I heard that Shawn is meeting up with a certain PC developer to talk about a community manager job.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Doel said:
Does Scooter happen to talk about SOCOM? He was at the event last week.
Nope, talks about firing some guns at the event, but not the actual game.

Doel

Ikuu said:
Nope, talks about firing some guns at the event, but not the actual game.
:( Sad but understandable.

They should have had him on 1up FM to talk about the game.

Ryu

There's still hope for him to talk about it on 1upYours - that is, if we have one given the 4th of July holiday. Still, 33 minutes of Diablo talk with this crew should be good times. :)

Scooter rehired is awesome. Get him on the podcast more often. Well, I haven't listened to this podcast yet, but the last one he was on was great.

Doel

Just bugs me they have an entire segment on 1up FM to talk about the non-playable CoD World at War demo, but nothing about SOCOM which was playable at it's event last week.

If Scooter wasn't available for taping though, then that's completely understandable.

And I doubt they will talk about it on 1up Yours. Unless someone from Gamevideos was there, I'm pretty sure Scooter was the only 1uper at the event, and I doubt he'll be on 1up Yours this week.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Yes I would also love to hear some SOCOM talk but none of the 1up podcasts have anything so far. The only podcast that I remember have Socom talk was Playstationnation.

JavaMava

Pewp said:
I heard that Shawn is meeting up with a certain PC developer to talk about a community manager job.

As much as I'd hate to lose Shawn on GFW, the potential for a Shawn hosted weekly valve podcast would be impossible to pass up.

Doel

Pewp said:
Wait, what? Nooooooooooo :(

Though I wouldn't blame him. From the sounds of it, people there don't make a lot of money.

Ryu

JavaMava said:
As much as I'd hate to lose Shawn on GFW, the potential for a Shawn hosted weekly valve podcast would be impossible to pass up.

One of the biggest public griefers, who actually does it with a crew of banana riders, hired as a community manager.

Does that sound hilarious to anyone else? :lol

Flavius

JavaMava said:

Oh hell no. If that moefoe leaves, it better be for the development side of things.

JavaMava said:
As much as I'd hate to lose Shawn on GFW, the potential for a Shawn hosted weekly Relic podcast would be impossible to pass up.
Or perhaps this, eh?...and even if he left, I'm sure he'd be one to still do something entertaining for the old fans afterwards, like Hsu and Crispin's little Sore Thumbs things: http://sorethumbsblog.com/ Anyways, Ryan Scott hosting? Well, as he would say: "Hell Yeah!"

JavaMava

Flavius said:
Oh hell no. If that moefoe leaves, it better be for the development side of things.

I don't see that happening.

MaritalWheat said:
Or perhaps this, eh?"

Meh that'd be cool as well. I just think it would be awesome to here Shawn and various valve employees shooting the shit.

We should really stop talking about this. There's no basis and it's just going to make me crave what can not be.

Flavius

JavaMava said:
I don't see that happening.

Good for you?

I can certainly see it. I can think of just as many guys from the enthusiast press going over to the dev side of things as I can guys who went over to the community manager stuff (Kraig Kujawa, Ryan Payton, and Chris Charla spring to mind). If you listen to him on the podcast, that would certainly seem to be something he is interested in, and speaking only for myself, I think he has a lot of good ideas on how to push gaming forwards.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hahaha, Ryan is great. Glad to see he's talking more.

Doel said:
Just bugs me they have an entire segment on 1up FM to talk about the non-playable CoD World at War demo, but nothing about SOCOM which was playable at it's event last week.

If Scooter wasn't available for taping though, then that's completely understandable.

And I doubt they will talk about it on 1up Yours. Unless someone from Gamevideos was there, I'm pretty sure Scooter was the only 1uper at the event, and I doubt he'll be on 1up Yours this week.

Scooter wasn't available for 1UP FM, no, but we'd also need someone in the office who knows enough about the whole SOCOM franchise to turn it into a whole segment. Maybe we have someone -- heck, maybe even Scooter does! -- but I don't know. Either way, I'm sure SOCOM talk will come to 1UP Yours eventually if not quite yet.

Doel

KefkaTaran said:
Scooter wasn't available for 1UP FM, no, but we'd also need someone in the office who knows enough about the whole SOCOM franchise to turn it into a whole segment. Maybe we have someone -- heck, maybe even Scooter does! -- but I don't know. Either way, I'm sure SOCOM talk will come to 1UP Yours eventually if not quite yet.
Joe Rybicki does, but he turned into a freelancer after the demise of OPM. I know you have no control over this, but hire him back on! :p

And doesn't Nick know stuff about SOCOM? Or was he just generally excited for the beta? Cause you said he was excited about Qore because the SOCOM beta was downloadable through it.

Oh, and Garnett and John know are familiar with SOCOM. Not to the extent of Joe Rybicki, but they've spoke on it and seem to generally know their stuff.

Slightly off-topic, but if there are any SOCOM fans out there looking for in-depth SOCOM talk (and I know there are cause we get some pretty big numbers considering I don't go out of my way to post it everywhere), check out The Real SOCOM Podcast, companion to TheRealSOCOM.com.

I love the Brodeo, but its just not the same without Shawn Elliot and Jeff Green. Those guys make the show. I'd still listen if it was just the remaining crew farting into the mics, so its still cool by me, especially with the Diablo 3 talk, but Jeff and Shawn make the show.

And 33 minutes? Booo-urns.

Doel said:
Joe Rybicki does, but he turned into a freelancer after the demise of OPM. I know you have no control over this, but hire him back on! :p

And doesn't Nick know stuff about SOCOM? Or was he just generally excited for the beta? Cause you said he was excited about Qore because the SOCOM beta was downloadable through it.

Oh, and Garnett and John know are familiar with SOCOM. Not to the extent of Joe Rybicki, but they've spoke on it and seem to generally know their stuff.

Slightly off-topic, but if there are any SOCOM fans out there looking for in-depth SOCOM talk (and I know there are cause we get some pretty big numbers considering I don't go out of my way to post it everywhere), check out The Real SOCOM Podcast, companion to TheRealSOCOM.com.

I actually forgot about Nick, nice reminder. I don't think he's followed the whole series closely, but I know he loves a few games in it.

Doel

KefkaTaran said:
I actually forgot about Nick, nice reminder. I don't think he's followed the whole series closely, but I know he loves a few games in it.
As long as the games he loves are SOCOM 1 & 2. :p

SOCOM 3 was shit. That's something people familiar with the SOCOM franchise and/or it's fans will know. We love SOCOM 1 & 2, but when they added vehicles and made the maps huge in SOCOM 3, it all turned to crap.

So you can see, with Confrontation going back to more of a SOCOM 1/2 style, why its so anticipated.

Aselith

New drinking game! Everytime Nguyen says "like" or "straight up" you take a drink. Better just drink straight from the bottle so you can keep up.

Doel

sykoex said:
Shawn on an official developer podcast would suck.
Agreed. The great thing about Shawn is that he can pretty much make any topic interesting, and always has stories to tell. Being stuck on a developer podcast would mean he would only get to talk about one thing.

Shawn is the kind of guy I envision taking over an N'Gai-like role, as long as he keeps his personality and doesn't succumb to being a "professional". The way Shawn is able to analyze and put things into words that are easy get a handle of, is amazing. You can just tell that he was that mischievous kid where teachers were like "you could go so far if you just took school seriously", cause the man is naturally intelligent yet he is so off-the-wall bonkers (in a good way).

Aw man, only 33 minutes? Oh well, I suppose it's better than nothing.

And what's with the talk of Shawn leaving? Is there any evidence for this besides Pewp's post?

Top Bottom