• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another GFW Radio (The Brodeo) reunion coming soon? Get excited in here!

Sober

Sorry, couldn't come up with a good line from the Brodeo days for the title, I bring great shame.

I saw Scott Bromley of the Comedy Button tweet this, but the previous GFW Reunion was also an episode swap of the Comedy Button, so this must be true!

So do what we all do when Brodeo discussions pop up and post your favourite clips already.

Also I would hope someone posts the itshappening.gif in the first handful of posts.

Previous GFW reunion was over skype, I believe. You can find it here: http://www.geekbox.net/archives/2012/03/30/the-comedy-button-episode-23/ (holy shit a year ago already)

I'll start us off with Luxury and Lightning

edit: It's out!

http://www.geekbox.net/archives/2013/04/19/the-comedy-button-episode-74/

bigkrev

I remember when I heard Shawn sing Glory Days, and actually thought it was a good song.

Also, the sadness that I discovered the brodeo about a month before it died :/

Good times, at that time in my life I had to travel like 2 hours each way to work, and I just listened to various podcasts. This was the clear highlight followed closely by the cagcast.

cluderi

The Brodeo reunion coming soon?

mGqos8E.gif

I still listen to these podcasts now. Started listening about the time they changed from CGW to GFW and I must have had at least 4 full runs through the episodes. Tales of Bobidos wrestling days, Jeffs epic LOTR dream and Shawns adventures in Second Life.

The closest I've ever found to it is the TGS podcast.

Really looking forward to Friday!

Sidenote: GFW Radio Reunion panel at PAX Prime all but confirmed! (As soon as panel submission goes up, this will be first in line.)

Andrew.

Banned
I actually just got introduced to these guys from Shawn in the Infinite thread. The Safeway episode was priceless and the couple clips posted here have had me rolling.

Are most of the episodes available on YouTube? If they're really returning this Friday I am all over it.

noobasuar

Banned
Can't wait. I don't even play games on the PC but have listened to all the episodes numerous times.

Truly one of the best podcasts out there.

I listed to the last reunion (and I hadn't listed to it at all prior to that), but all I could remember was that Jeff Green continues to be awesome and that I didn't really care much for the rest of the guys there.

JDSN

Banned
Awesome, that Rebel FM thing with Shawn and Jeff was great, but it was seriously missing the rest of the cast and had Arthur Gies on it trying to sound like a big boy.

Squire

Banned
Awesome, that Rebel FM thing with Shawn and Jeff was great, but it was seriously missing the rest of the cast and had Arthur Gies on it trying to sound like a big boy.

Yeah, how dare Gies maintain status on his own goddamn podcast.

Is there a difference between Ryan being on and Ryan not being on? I think the others address Ryan slightly less when he's not on, right?

He's more of a talker now, right? I think I heard that somewhere.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Has Darren ever been on any reunion shows or appearances at all?

Sober

Is there a difference between Ryan being on and Ryan not being on? I think the others address Ryan slightly less when he's not on, right?

He's more of a talker now, right? I think I heard that somewhere.
He spoke much more the last one (a year ago), probably because 1) he's had his own podcast for like 5 years now (The Geekbox) which he hosts and 2) he can't dodge it/stay quiet like he can every week like he can the Comedy Button because this is a Brodeo reunion, so it's not like he can surprise us next week (or the week after that or the week after that ...)

Con_Smith

Banned
Has Darren ever been on any reunion shows or appearances at all?

Don't think so. I still remember that time he blew up on shawn about his notes or something which till this day makes me chuckle when I think about it. I always hope he would return for one of the reunion casts or appearances but sadly no.

Top Bottom