• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ON AIR: GFW Radio 97.5 The Brodeo

CzarTim

I'm excited but the appeal of GFW was that they didn't seem to have a filter. Now most of them work for game companies so they're limited in what they can say and criticize.

The one they did over skype a while back was dope. I'm never worried that they'll entertained.

Zen

Banned
Guys, you are the pinnacle of the era of podcasts breaking ground for the first time. I will always listen to anything you have to say. If i had but one favor to ask you it would be this: Don't let this be the last reunion of the GFW Radio podcast.

CzarTim

Guys, you are the pinnacle of the era of podcasts breaking ground for the first time. I will always listen to anything you have to say. If i had but one favor to ask you it would be this: Don't let this be the last reunion of the GFW Radio podcast.

Yeah, Jeff talking about diminishing returns on reunions was heart breaking. I will never grow tired of the Brodeo.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
I'd encourage people to give Rebel FM another try if they haven't listened to it in a while, it's come a long way from the early days. I know some of the personalities can be an acquired taste but I like the flow of the discussions on their regular episodes.

undrtakr900

The crazy thing is that I thought was that this was an old episode at first. You guys fell in to it straight away, no intro, no awkwardness... It went in as if you had never finished.

Fantastic! No need to apologise.
Yeah the chemistry was instantly undeniable like they never left, sorta like how when the 1up Yours crew(Garnett,Shane,John,Luke) use to do a reunion special at PAX.

I'm about 15-20 minutes into it and it's hilarious! I was listening this morning at McDonalds and almost spit my orange juice out at Shawn ripping on Ryan's replica sword: "You're waiting for someone to break in the house so you can grab you sword and bust some Soul Calibur moves on him" :lol

Banned
Man, I forgot how boring Arthur is to listen to. Says some good things, but just sounds like Xanax.

triggaz

Banned
These guys are becoming my favorite gaming podcast. I like the raw unadultrated game talk here. It sounds like what it is a bunch guys sitting around talking about games. I love how they dont always rush to talk about the newest and greatest game. Discovered quite a few gems through them. And no other gaming podcast goes as deep with play mechanics as they do.

Giant bomb still have them beat as far as personality and humor but they are great supplement to giant bomb.

jimmypop

Banned
Idle Thumbs say many smart things of the sort you seem to be interested in. Start at the beginning instead of the middle and it will feel a lot less like you're missing in-jokes. And they cover a wide range of topics, often completely disconnected from the latest releases, which gives the show a timeless quality.

The Bombcast guys are charming, funny people with great chemistry but I have NEVER felt particularly enlightened about game design or player psychology while listening to them in the way that I did when listening to GFW or Idle Thumbs.

Fuck you and the boat you road in on. Bombcaat assumes you're in the know.

You're not in the know.

Top Bottom