• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 The Brodeo) - 7/2/08

No Jeff or Shawn? Thats like 92% of the talking there...

It'll be wonderful to hear Ryan holding court though.

And glad to see Scooter back. I actually used to read CGW when he was around...

eznark

Banned
people stalking Anthony's hook for him...that is awesome
ly creepy

on the bright side it's like manual labor GPS tracking.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jack Scofield said:
Aw man, only 33 minutes? Oh well, I suppose it's better than nothing.

And what's with the talk of Shawn leaving? Is there any evidence for this besides Pewp's post?

Shawn has stated in the past that he would one day like to go into development in some capacity.

Mindlog

It wasn't that bad all the bad ;D

This was your chance Ryan. You had an open mic. You gotta let loose on that bitch like Tina Turner.

good episode guys...short but sweet.

Anythony and Ryan did a really good job holding down the fort, and its cool to see Scooter back too.

I would have liked to hear more in depth discussions on Diablo 3, but maybe when Jeff returns? Is he the Diablo freak in the group?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Foxtastical said:
If it's on the Internet, take it and run with it.

Also he hasn't posted in here to deny it so yeeeeah....

I'm not gonna be surprised again like I was with Crispin and Sean--that shit broke my heart. Never again gonna have faith in anyone at 1Up staying. :/

MrDaravon

eznark said:
people stalking Anthony's hook for him...that is awesome
ly creepy

on the bright side it's like manual labor GPS tracking.

My first thought as I was listening to the original story two weeks ago was that "this was a bad fucking idea dude." There are people on forums like SA and 4chan who would tear this shit apart, since it's pretty obvious where exactly this girl works. I thought about posting that in the thread, but it was a moot point really. I honestly feel bad for him, because I'm pretty sure something is going to happen at some point with that, unless she already knows about it, in which case that's cool.

sikkinixx

good show, albeit short. Anthony is great as always. Thanks for the chuff love mini-update :D

Ryan should host more, it's great to hear him talk more than a dozen words in a podcast. He kinda sounds like the adult version of Rod Flanders. Awesome.

Being selfish I really hope Shawn doesn't leave. His insight into.... everything is really interesting and he is a huge asset on whatever podcast/article he participates in. 1up is just being decimated lately....

Surprisingly good episode, save for some minor annoyances. I'm sure Scooter is a great guy, but he needs to enunciate more. It was actually hard to understand him at times.

Ryan and Anthony brought the awesome this week.

Mash

Scotch said:
Seriously. The guy needs to visit a speech therapist first if he's gonna be a regular.

What an asshole lol.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Especially hearing more of Ryan's opinions.

kottila

sikkinixx said:
good show, albeit short. Anthony is great as always. Thanks for the chuff love mini-update :D

Ryan should host more, it's great to hear him talk more than a dozen words in a podcast. He kinda sounds like the adult version of Rod Flanders. Awesome.

He's much more verbal on Retronauts and Legendary Thread. On the other podcasts people seems to just start talking over him, when he starts to say something.

If you want to listen some decent pc talking i recommend you the IGN PC podcast, Command Prompt. It is made by Jason Ocampo, an ex-gamespot who moved to IGN after the Gerstmann Gate. He is older and knows what he talks about. It is the most mature ign podcast but that I guess that is not saying much though.

I don't mean to be mean, but I have to agree with the remarks on Scooter's voice.

I like what he's saying, he's clearly an intelligent dude and he's good at expressing what he means, and he's funny. But I hate his voice and how he pronounces everything.

Bidermaier said:
If you want to listen some decent pc talking i recommend you the IGN PC podcast, Command Prompt. It is made by Jason Ocampo, an ex-gamespot who moved to IGN after the Gerstmann Gate. He is older and knows what he talks about. It is the most mature ign podcast but that I guess that is not saying much though.

Thanks for the link. I've been reading Ocampo's work for years and didn't know he was doing a podcast now that he's at IGN.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Can't believe people upset about a dude's voice. People talk differently. Just sounds like nitpicking.

I loved the show this week. Ryan sitting in the host chair was pretty cool. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it was great.

krzyspc

Banned
Having just started a podcast I can understand how hard it can be, but damn Scooter has to go, the voice is just to much.

AgentOtaku said:
wow....alotta shallow/rude people around here

Leave Scooter's voice alone...

How is it rude? No one is saying he's an idiot or any other kind of personal attacks, they are saying he doesn't have a voice fit for an audio show, and they're right.

Hell, the speech therapist recommendation would probably do him a world of good, helped me as a kid.

krzyspc

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
wow....alotta shallow/rude people around here

Leave Scooter's voice alone...

I feel you but you are totally missing the point. This is a radio show and where voice is everything.

Ryu

I think his voice is fine. Think the "Leave Britney ALOOOOOOONE" person can do one for Scooter? :lol

Ril

Scooter is a champion. Guy's hilarious, I loved him on Gamespy's podcast while he was over there, and he's been great every time he's been on GFW Radio.

Long live Scooter!

pj

Banned
GitarooMan said:
QFT, this isn't fucking NPR, it's a enthusiast gaming podcast. Hope Scooter is on frequently.

What? It's hard to understand what he's saying, what does that have to do with GFWR not being NPR?

pj325is said:
What? It's hard to understand what he's saying, what does that have to do with GFWR not being NPR?
Because it's just a niche show with 1up editors talking about their gaming and other random stuff. It's not a show hosted by professional radio personalities, and i don't think it's the type of show where editors should be shunned because they don't have smooth radio voices.

JavaMava

GitarooMan said:
Because it's just a niche show with 1up editors talking about their gaming and other random stuff. It's not a show hosted by professional radio personalities, and i don't think it's the type of show where editors should be shunned because they don't have smooth radio voices.

I think it is. Now what?

EDIT - but seriously, scooters a good guy. The voice is annoying, but you get used to it. Just like a fat friend.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Akia said:
Just because a random GAF member makes a post about Shawn leaving doesn't make it true.

but then a community managment position for the people behind your favourite game doesn't come by every day.

i wish i was canadian and/or qualified in any sense of the dirty, defeating word.

Eh, after hearing the show, it just isn't the same. Also could have used some more Diablo reflections, but maybe thats my Diablo fanboyism coming through.

GitarooMan said:
whats so hard to understand about people not wanting to listen to voices that annoy them?

Suburban Cowboy said:
whats so hard to understand about people not wanting to listen to voices that annoy them?
I understand it fine, I'm just saying I disagree, where did I say I didn't understand?

Top Bottom