• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima is the best looking game this gen

kretos

Banned
or is it last gen? you know what i'm talking about, anyway let's take a look at this beauty, and i dare anyone to name a game more beautiful than GoT (fight me
PlayStation_GhostofTsushima_2020.png
)

wkqYiwg.jpg

PaCyDF2.jpg

PcnO1og.jpg

fEgKKWk.jpg

more:

8J8zcOz.jpg

m1hbn0v.jpg

R7bjIag.jpg

84aNHgu.jpg

rSTICnX.jpg

HO75CiK.jpg

PnZs28g.jpg

oyAsx8n.jpg

4QkXhJu.jpg

Fww4HhS.jpg

B5FqFb3.jpg

XIh63Nf.jpg

hhLc3Hm.jpg

21gKBjd.jpg

VamAi56.jpg

Iz7OkKN.jpg

uajmva6.jpg

g3uYSv6.jpg

62DdzMj.jpg

fGfVpjo.jpg

Gkie3M8.jpg

Vozv1pe.jpg

it's even more beautiful in action:

DreamTwister

Neo Member
Those colors always look "staged" to me. Like the light sources were from a studio rather than natural light. I know, I know.. they are computer graphics and all that but I don't know a better way to describe how the scenes look in the game world especially at dawn. Also the game just looks too dark in HDR on my LG B6 OLED panel.

or is it last gen? you know what i'm talking about, anyway let's take a look at this beauty, and i dare anyone to name a game more beautiful than GoT (fight me
PlayStation_GhostofTsushima_2020.png
)

wkqYiwg.jpg

PaCyDF2.jpg

PcnO1og.jpg

fEgKKWk.jpg

more:

8J8zcOz.jpg

m1hbn0v.jpg

R7bjIag.jpg

84aNHgu.jpg

rSTICnX.jpg

HO75CiK.jpg

PnZs28g.jpg

oyAsx8n.jpg

4QkXhJu.jpg

Fww4HhS.jpg

B5FqFb3.jpg

XIh63Nf.jpg

hhLc3Hm.jpg

21gKBjd.jpg

VamAi56.jpg

Iz7OkKN.jpg

uajmva6.jpg

g3uYSv6.jpg

62DdzMj.jpg

fGfVpjo.jpg

Gkie3M8.jpg

Vozv1pe.jpg

it's even more beautiful in action:

I'm Not falling for it. I know you posted this cause of me.

Skifi28

Art is amazing. From a tech point of view it does some things very well, like draw distance for grass is insane for a console game, but other aspects like textures or models are less impressive. Much of its visual appeal revolves around lighting conditions so in certain times of day it can look fairly flat. Also the later locations in the snow leave a lot to be desired, just bland.

Best looking? Would agree.

A lot of people are going to mistake looks for graphic fidelity in this thread.
Definitely agreed. Big different between art direction and technically the best looking game. It looks good, yes. But far from the best looking games from this gen.

This is the real GOTY

The people's champ for sure. I went from E3 reveal "Ugh, Infamous studio making a samurai game? Pass." and summer of 2020 Covid lockdown "Eh, why not. Maybe it'll kill 10 to 15 hours." to "What...how did a Western dev match Japanese dev melee combat quality?! This is glorious. Am I....feeling emotional in this final duel?!" Throw in the free mp mode with no microtransactions and damn, what a complete package.

Romulus

I like the it’s aesthetics but I personally like Sekiro’s visuals waaay more. To me it has much more memorable locals.

ES7nhx-U4AAABSJ.jpg:large

guardian-ape-gallery-1-sekiro-wiki-guide.jpg

1-1212x682.jpg

Also has much better animation
AccurateGroundedBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

hkQJfef.gif

UluxIM8.gif

Something about the models here looks really off, especially the last gif. The main character's head seems really low polygon to me. Alot of it reminds me of a ps3 game honestly, much of the textures, everything. I plan on playing this but this was the first time I noticed it looking rough.

Mista

Banned
Art direction is beautiful, I loved it. The game looked great during my whole journey to the platinum. Best looking game this gen? Nope. Death Stranding looked more phenomenal to me and I’m not even going to compare the PC version

GoT’s art design is no joke. When you fall in love with the world of the game to the point you aren’t using fast travel, this is when you know that you aren’t willing to miss a single second of it.

Hmmmm no. It has great art direction but art direction and best graphics are two very different things. There are a lot of technical areas in Ghost that are not up to par with games like TLOU2, RDR2, and other games. Sucker Punch isn't quite on their level yet.

TonyK

I'm playing Valhalla in Ps5 and it looks more beautiful (and obviously better technically) to me.

I played GoT only a few hours in PS5 but my impression is textures are very low res and in general it looks a bit flat for my taste. But I will play it someday for sure because combat seemed very rewarding.

Kuranghi

I'm playing Valhalla in Ps5 and it looks more beautiful (and obviously better technically) to me.

I played GoT only a few hours in PS5 but my impression is textures are very low res and in general it looks a bit flat for my taste. But I will play it someday for sure because combat seemed very rewarding.
For when you go back to it, if you still find it too flat there is an option in the menu called "cinematic contrast" or something like that, that might help you out.

noise36

People are confusing art direction they like with the technical merits or lack of.

Its not even the best looking playstation game and those screens certainly dont help your cause.

Top Bottom