• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighters MP videos

Leatherface

Is this what a next gen framerate looks like? =(

blah!

Also, downgrade total for graphics.. hope it's only multiplayer that looks like that.

Leatherface said:
Perhaps you should watch the E3 version again. I had a boner for it then. :)

The only real difference between the E3 vid and these is lack of big cloudy explosion. Everything else looks about the same quality. And the framerate talk is gonna be stupid since only thing you can tell by the video is what the video is encoded at (not to mention iyjeu are tiny 320x180 video unless you have insider).

Shompola

Banned
It has matched the E3 trailer and the framerate is just fine... Atleast the video from jeux-france I watched a few days ago.

Helznicht

I have, several times. As I have said before, the real difference is the animation, and multiplayer will never have as good of animation as a single player game will.

Battlefield 2 looks better.

Wow, you can tell that from these quarter res videos? You should be a reviewer or something.

<nu>faust

words of devs on the videos:

[Thanks for linking that bsc. Should be popping up on all the sites pretty soon.

One thing to note. The game (IMO) looks great, but you are NOT looking at high-res textures from the game. This video was produced a while ago and all the HD textures were not put in yet. This is meant to give you a glimpse of in-progress gameplay but mainly to explain a core feature of the game.

You will see a LOT of videos in the next 2 months, and most will have these textures in them. I will try to get some stuff on marketplace so you can run it on your HDTVS and see the difference. Its truly jaw dropping,but don't take it from me! Wait until you see it for yourself.

If you guys have questions, lemme know!

I was talking about the PC version but yeah eventually Battlefield 360 will look great too. But this is just pathetic, bad animation, terrible frame rate, mediocre lighting... nothing in those vids looks next gen to me.

<nu>faust said:
words pf devs on the videos:

They also said the E32005 trailer was real time *cough

Doom_Bringer said:
I was talking about the PC version but yeah eventually Battlefield 360 will look great too. But this is just pathetic, bad animation, terrible frame rate, mediocre lighting... nothing in those vids looks next gen to me.

My bad for actually thinking that you weren't talking out of your ass. Please don't mind me and stink on.

It was running realtime on a P4 6800U SLI PC.

Shogmaster said:
My bad for actually thinking that you weren't talking out of your ass. Please don't mind me and stink on.

Hey I downloaded the videos and offered my opinion.

It was running realtime on a P4 6800U SLI PC.

It was a fake pre-rendered video and the actual game looks nothing like it :p Are you going to analyze it shog? I really liked your detailed thoughts on how fake the Gundam PS3 video was. Please do it again for Ghost recon! :(

Doom_Bringer said:
Hey I downloaded the videos and offered my opinion.

And it stunk.

It was a fake pre-rendered video and the actual game looks nothing like it :p Are you going to analyze it shog? I really liked your detailed thoughts on how fake the Gundam PS3 video was. Please do it again for Ghost recon! :(

At least I was right about it being pre-rendered. Unlike you, I can tell pre-rendered from realtime.

The E3 trailer is a realtime engine for a different platform doing nothing but what amounts to a cutscene. Naturally it will look different than the X360 gamplay engine in progress. But the key is that it's looking great, easily matching the E3 trailer, according to those who saw it in person (i.e. Blim x2).

Tiger

Banned
Those videos look pretty cool. I just can't help but ask WTF the development team was thinking by not allowing you to see your gun? It's just stupid. You're going for realism but you see no gun right in front of your body.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Tigerriot said:
Those videos look pretty cool. I just can't help but ask WTF the development team was thinking by not allowing you to see your gun? It's just stupid. You're going for realism but you see no gun right in front of your body.

This has been an issue with certain gamers for a while. The gun would be a hindrance more than anything in GR, easily impeding your view of potential targets lying prone, and result in frustrating deaths.

Shogmaster said:
At least I was right about it being pre-rendered. Unlike you, I can tell pre-rendered from realtime.

The E3 trailer is a realtime engine for a different platform doing nothing but what amounts to a cutscene. Naturally it will look different than the X360 gamplay engine in progress. But the key is that it's looking great, easily matching the E3 trailer, according to those who saw it in person (i.e. Blim x2).

Fantastic spin!

What different platform was it running on? Ubisoft put out a movie and the commentator clearly said that it was running real-time on X360 hardware! But the fact is that it wasn't. It was fake CG movie and the actual game looks nothing like it so far.

And the Gundam video was not pre-rendered.

Doom_Bringer said:
Fantastic spin!

What different platform was it running on?

I already told you it was a P4 6800U SLI.

Ubisoft put out a movie and the commentator clearly said that it was running real-time on X360 hardware!

The demo in question, which I watched in person at E3 was clearly represented as running realtime, but not on what platform on purpose (obviously, back in E3 05, X360 hardware didn't exist so I don't know why you think they said X360 in the first place). Infact, I remember someone asking the ex G4 host dude what exactly it was running on and he dodged the question. They never said the footage was running realtime on X360 at E3. FACT.

But the fact is that it wasn't. It was fake CG movie and the actual game looks nothing like it so far.

You keep believing that if that makes you feel better.

And the Gundam video was not pre-rendered.

The first one most definitely was. The second one with shitty lighting and fucked up shadows wasn't.

Lil' Dice said:
This has been an issue with certain gamers for a while. The gun would be a hindrance more than anything in GR, easily impeding your view of potential targets lying prone, and result in frustrating deaths.

whats impeding about ejecting shell cases and muzzle flashes? :D

Leatherface

Doom_Bringer said:

Holyshit someone who is not blinded by fanboy hype?!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this shit lol. I was looking forward to this game like no ones business before. It went from OMGWTF!!! =O to eh, it's not bad.

Guys the E3 version was WAY better. Graphics were rich and full of life, effects up the ass. Just amazing. Now it has a standard PC look to it. Nothing stands out anymore. Not only that but the framerate seems to suck nuts.

p.s.- I do have insider and I did watch the *big* videos. :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks great.

is anyone else having difficulty downloading em though?

dorio

Banned
Leatherface said:
Guys the E3 version was WAY better. Graphics were rich and full of life, effects up the ass. Just amazing. Now it has a standard PC look to it. Nothing stands out anymore. Not only that but the framerate seems to suck nuts.

p.s.- I do have insider and I did watch the *big* videos. :)
I don't get what you guys are seeing in that e3 video that isn't being done here. Rich graphics? Full of life? All I saw that I'm not seeing here is that nice big explosion. Effects? That rain level has tons more effects than what was shown in that e3 video. Another thing is you can't really compare a scripted sequence to a real-time one where players are controlling the characters. Maybe this is what's tripping you guys up.

M_A_C

Lil' Dice said:

But the Xbox version has the weapons out in front!

Doom_Bringer said:

You're so full of shit that it's not even funny.

Blame!

Lil' Dice said:

letsee, it wasnt a hindrance in halo or rainbo six...nor did it get in my way in unreal and perfect dark. i call bullshit on redstorm and you.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
morbidaza said:
For some reason these aren't working for me. Won't go past "your video will download shortly".

Yeah, I had that problem too....just keep trying and it will work before long....

fucking awesome videos...can't wait

The multi player animations are noticably toned down (almost to the point it looks like they were ripped from GR2/Summit Strike) compared to single player animations, but game looks flawless non the less IMO

Lil' Dice

Banned
Blame! said:
letsee, it wasnt a hindrance in halo or rainbo six...nor did it get in my way in unreal and perfect dark. i call bullshit on redstorm and you.

You know what all those games have in common? They're not slow paced strategic shooters. No Ghost Recon purist wants a gun in their way when playing in 1st person. Think about it for a second......

"You know what all those games have in common? They're not slow paced strategic shooters. No Ghost Recon purist wants a gun in their way when playing in 1st person. Think about it for a second......"

Uh, Rainbow Six was one of the first (if not the first) of the "slow paced strategic shooter" style.

Top Bottom