• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighters MP videos

Haklong

The single player portion at the end looked amazing.

EDIT: Yes, I mean in the developers diary. The end has amazing looking single player footage.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Citizen K said:
Split-screen co-op. Yay or nay?

Did the earlier games have split screen co-op?

I'm not too sure about this, but I believe it has been mentioned before that GRAW will have spilt screen modes for multiplayer. GRAW seems to have two different engines, one for single player and one for multiplayer. Multiplayer probably got less fancy shadow effects and such, so it could handle up to 4 player split screen without a problem.

BTW, the GRAW developer diary #2 that Gamspot is hosting, does show some new single player footage.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Rawker said:
two different engines? clueless!

Actually, it seems like there are two different teams involved with GRAW 360...

One team (Montpellier team from Tiwak) is working on the 1 player game in France and another team (Red Storm) is working on the multiplayer game in the United States.......there is some speculation each part of the game (Single and Multiplayer) is using a seprate engine (Yeti and....something else) specifically designed for the needs of that part of the game but nothing is confirmed as of yet...

It does seem to be almost two seperate games in one, though....

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
The 1080p version streamed to the 360 via (god awful) MCE = absolute sex.

Too bad it's suck a cock tease.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Kleegamefan said:
Actually, it seems like there are two different teams involved with GRAW 360...

One team (Montpellier team from Tiwak) is working on the 1 player game in France and another team (Red Storm) is working on the multiplayer game in the United States.......there is some speculation each part of the game (Single and Multiplayer) is using a seprate engine (Yeti and....something else) specifically designed for the needs of that part of the game but nothing is confirmed as of yet...

It does seem to be almost two seperate games in one, though....
It's not speculation, it's a fact. SP and MP use completely separate engines, and only share the HUD and some art assets.

Blimblim said:
From what I've seen, the single player engine is much more advanced than the MP one. HDR, realtime shadowing, you name it.

Yeah I definetly get the feeling that they are going with the feel of GR2/Summit Strike in the multiplayer engine...no doubt due to its popularity and as the saying goes "if it aint broke...."

dorio

Banned
I'm not buying the fact that they scanned that soldier's suit by putting tiny little dots over it. There are actually scanners that do that with much better accuracy and judging by the in game model I don't see how they got that placing decals on a suit.

Jerkface

Banned
The HDR in that scene is cool, looking over the top of a building that the sun is peeking over makes the detail on the building near impossible to pick out.

dorio said:
I'm not buying the fact that they scanned that soldier's suit by putting tiny little dots over it. There are actually scanners that do that with much better accuracy and judging by the in game model I don't see how they got that placing decals on a suit.

They only scanned the proportions I believe, then they build the model around those dots.

Top Bottom