• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI August Cover - "A game that wasn't at E3" - "From dudes of f'ing XXXX and XXXX"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The McNamara quote definitely seems to suggest that it's a new IP.
MiniBossBattle said:
Monster Hunter. Please?
There's a good chance it will rear its head at TGS.
Definitely not here.

Neuromancer said:
Also Game Informer Editor-in-chief Andy McNamara tweeted this awhile ago:

We have all the pieces, we just need to put them together.

Is XXXX and XXXX previous game's names? If so, Grid and Dirt from Codemasters. They are hiring for a new IP too aparently.

Neuromancer said:
GI_AndyMc Andy McNamara
Cover line we did not use for the new issue: This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing XXXX and XXXX. Read this.
28 Jun

That makes it sound like a new IP.

[Nintex]

Neuromancer said:
Also Game Informer Editor-in-chief Andy McNamara tweeted this awhile ago:

We have all the pieces, we just need to put them together.
And afterwards Andy retweeted this:
Nintex
@GI_AndyMc From Legendary Game Developer Rare, who made f'ing Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie comes Kinect Sports Season 2

Might be related, might not be related after all it's the only suggestion of many he actually retweeted.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Spiffy_1st said:
That makes it sound like a new IP.

Sounds like Repawn's new IP.

Doesn't say the same studio that brought you XXX and XXX but the guys who did??

[Nintex] said:
And afterwards Andy retweeted this:

Might be related, might not be related after all it's the only suggestion of many he actually retweeted.
He was retweeting that because he thought it was funny.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
navanman said:
Sounds like Repawn's new IP.

Doesn't say the same studio that brought you XXX and XXX but the guys who did??
Yeah, that's it. Makes sense with the timing on their site launch and teaser pics.

faridmon

I think it MGS Rising or DMC Reboot. Both of them should be there but wasn't. They are also one of those games that GI could get a scope for and they aren't Japanese.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When they say "you won't see this coming" that always means we'll see it coming.

I doubt it's a new game announcement either so it's probably something that just wasn't at E3 for whatever reason. Someone here already guessed "X-Com" and I think I'll go with that.

faridmon said:
I think it MGS Rising or DMC Reboot. Both of them should be there but wasn't. They are also one of those games that GI could get a scope for and they aren't Japanese.

Rising is a Japanese developed game. DMC was also at E3 in trailer form.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
faridmon said:
what

DmC had a trailer at E3.
[Nintex] said:
Well yeah it was pretty funny
You're not supposed to say that about your own jokes!
But it was hilarious.

Karkador

Banned
I really don't think GameInformer is going to put any Japanese-developed game on their cover any time soon, for a number of reasons.

[Nintex]

Karkador said:
I really don't think GameInformer is going to put any Japanese-developed game on their cover any time soon, for a number of reasons.
The first reason being: "Japan[Nintendo not included*] still makes games?"

*Nintendo does make games they just don't release them.

jergrah

Shadow Complex 2 would be a pleasant surprise!

But my guess, like others pointed out above, its probably something from Respawn.

Zapages

My guess would a new Prince of Persia, GTA V, BG&E2, or some other game that I can't remember right now. lol

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
wienke said:
When they say "you won't see this coming" that always means we'll see it coming.

I doubt it's a new game announcement either so it's probably something that just wasn't at E3 for whatever reason. Someone here already guessed "X-Com" and I think I'll go with that.

XCOM even had a trailer for E3, I don't think it's that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom