• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI August Cover - "A game that wasn't at E3" - "From dudes of f'ing XXXX and XXXX"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
from developer respawn they mode cod2 and cod4 ?

I'm guessing the new Rainbow Six game.

It's from the Montreal pedigree which has " dudes who worked on fucking AC/Far Cry/PoP/R6/Splinter Cell/insert title here "

Early rumor buzz said that this new Rainbow 6 looked very, very, very promising.

My guess is made.

Fjordson

I want it to be a Rockstar announcement, but the "dudes" bit doesn't sound like he's referencing them.

Unless he's talking about the Houser brothers and Leslie Benzies, but it still seems unlikely.

Nirolak said:
They don't say developer though, they say "dudes".

"This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing XXXX and XXXX. Read this."

I'm going with Respawn's first game for a number of reasons, most already mentioned.

• The "dudes" (versus "developer") hint seems like a pointed reference to a duo (Jason West and Vince Zampella). They seem like "dudes" to me. Can't they claim some responsibility for dudebro?
  • The timing is spot-on considered the recent blurry image that was released.
  • Respawn was not at E3.
  • "who worked on "f'ing" XXXX and XXXX" seems to indicate well known commerical games like the CoD series that West and Zampella anchored until their exit and subsequent litigation.
  • We haven't seen this coming because it's new IP.

The respawn thing makes sense. I'd like for it to be the new Thief game, but Eidos Montreal has not got much to their name. (Hopefully it'll be a very different story in less than two months.)

Labadal

Dudes that worked on SMG1 and SMG2. Nintendo abandoned the Wii U. Sony and Nintendo working on a new console together. Game is called Super Mario (LittleBig)Planet.

Mrbob said:
Guys who made NOLF and FEAR.

New Monolith game, NOLF inspired. MAKE IT SO. GOTY. If Cate Archer is in it as the protagonist return of the queen!

Monolith passed on FEAR 3 to make this new IP. Now that FEAR 3 is out we have to hear about the new game soon! Wasn't at E3 either.
This has got to be it. It makes way more sense than anything else right now. Only, it'll be "...the guys who made Condemned and FEAR."

Kyon

Banned
Quantum Dream game please. i would love an Indigo Prophecy/Heavy Rain type game. i love the atmosphere of those games

Mrbob said:
Guys who made NOLF and FEAR.

New Monolith game, NOLF inspired. MAKE IT SO. GOTY. If Cate Archer is in it as the protagonist return of the queen!

Monolith passed on FEAR 3 to make this new IP. Now that FEAR 3 is out we have to hear about the new game soon! Wasn't at E3 either.

I'm going to guess this too

between Garnett hinting about it on an old podcast and their only major announcement since FEAR2 being Gotham City Impostors, ripe time to announce something.

Garjon

Well from the language used, the developers of the game are responsible for two major franchises. This makes me agree with those saying it's a game from Rockstar, since I suppose RDR would count alongside GTA. I'm having difficulty thinking up another developer responsible for two giant franchises who are not already working on another major project.

BLagiver

Banned
Garjon said:
Well from the language used, the developers of the game are responsible for two major franchises. This makes me agree with those saying it's a game from Rockstar, since I suppose RDR would count alongside GTA. I'm having difficulty thinking up another developer responsible for two giant franchises who are not already working on another major project.

Not only this but what other developers would not show their game at e3? Rockstar, valve and maybe a few others can get away with skipping out on e3.

DuckRacer

Comedy option: Harmonix's new game.

Harmonix is responsible for both Guitar Hero and Rock Band, both of which were enormously popular. They have two main development teams: one that's making Dance Central 2, and the Rock Band 3 team whose new game we don't know about.

It fits perfectly.

Pooya

Devil's Third from the creators of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. (pre TGS exclusive first look or something)
_________ from the creators of Left 4 Dead and um... Counter Strike CZ, both published by THQ, THQ loves GI covers, two this year so far.

Pooya

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431448

looking at the PR, I think Turtle Rock's game fits perfectly.

Turtle Rock Studios' new title will not be shown at E3 2011, but gamers can expect a full reveal at a later date.

For the rest of THQ's 2011 E3 line-up, please visit THQ.com.

About Turtle Rock Studios

Turtle Rock Studios Inc. is an independent game developer based in Southern California. The team at Turtle Rock is best known for its work with Valve Corporation on "Counter-Strike: Condition Zero" and "Counter-Strike: Source," and for revolutionizing cooperative gaming with the award-winning "Left 4 Dead.

decanters

Neo Member
I'm gonna guess either...Respawn's new IP or The Last Guardian or Agent. I am hoping it's Agent cause the premise sounds really interesting and we haven't seen or heard much detail about it (other than the fact that it's still in development).

Barryman

Count me among the Respawn crowd. "Dudes" (West and Zampella) + huge past output + bro mentality + recent Respawn tease = my guess.

"This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing Revolution X and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith."

Obviously it's Revolution X-2!

In all likelihood, though, it's probably the game from Respawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom