• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI August Cover - "A game that wasn't at E3" - "From dudes of f'ing XXXX and XXXX"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niblet

Why are people mentioning relatively obscure japanese games? Last Guardian, Xenoblade, Rune Factory -- wat? Is this a case of wishful thinking or sarcasm?

Anyway, I've put the pieces together.

Half-Life 2 remake (episode 1 and 2 NOT included because of Valve time™). It will be the debut of their new engine: The Provenance engine.

How do I get in contact with Kotaku?

EvyLou

Neo Member
dementia had it right on the first page - Devil's Third.

NINJA GAIDEN and DEAD OR ALIVE

also don't think it was at E3. makes too much sense.

Derrick01

Banned
Niblet said:
Why are people mentioning relatively obscure japanese games? Last Guardian, Xenoblade, Rune Factory -- wat? Is this a case of wishful thinking or sarcasm?

Wishful thinking probably. These guys are not going to put some random japanese game on the front cover of the biggest US magazine. I believe it was mentioned that blue dragon was the last japanese game on the cover and that was what, 2+ years ago?

I said borderlands 2 earlier but people here have convinced me it will be Respawn's game. If it is I'm hoping they can do something better than COD with a different name which is honestly what I'm expecting from them.

ScOULaris

I'll take the wishful thinking route.

Last Guardian blowout cover story with tons of new screens/details and a lengthy Team Ico retrospective including a six-page interview with Fumito Ueda. Did I mention a gorgeous wrap-around cover illustrated and signed by Ueda, himself?

One more thing. Game Informer will announce that they will start using the full 10-point scale from here on out in their reviews (instead of 7-10), and all of their future issues will be 200+ pages printed on high-quality paper stock.

Am I doing this right?
3AQmK.gif

legacyzero

Banned
Isn't a bit early for Respawn's project reveal just yet?

Oh, and new game from Monolith would please me. Condemned 3 please.

oh, and GT5 would be a great thing too.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Definitely leaning towards Respawn's game/Syndicate/something from EA now. Apparently EA has multigame press event with all games embargoed next week.

Dali

EvyLou said:

Not a chance. Too far off to be magazine cover story time.

TheOddOne

cuyahoga said:
Definitely leaning towards Respawn's game/Syndicate/something from EA now. Apparently EA has multigame press event with all games embargoed next week.
Hopefully they will show some more EA partner program games.

Bought Shadows of the Damned, Alice: Madness Returns and Bulletstorm off that program and enjoying the hell out of them.

AAK

If it was some massive 1st party exclusive, I think they most probably would have marketed this announcement more extravagantly. Don't set yourselves up people.

Mrbob

New Turtle Rock game unveil is a good guess too!

DMczaf said:
From dudes of f'ing FEAR and NOLF comes Inception.

I'd love to see Monnolith get their due and be able to work on a big IP which could net big sales.

EvyLou said:

In the video that featured Hard Gay, Itagaki said we'd see Devil's Third at TGS. Also, this is Game Informer we're talking about, not Famitsu.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
TheOddOne said:
Hopefully they will show some more EA partner program games.

Bought Shadows of the Damned, Alice: Madness Returns and Bulletstorm off that program and enjoying the hell out of them.
Apparently there are going to be multiple EA Partners announcements. Seems J. Parish recently talked about this event on a podcast. Sounds like it is their Studio Showcase, and it is on the 7th.

TheOddOne

cuyahoga said:
Apparently there are going to be multiple EA Partners announcements. Seems J. Parish recently talked about this event on a podcast. Sounds like it is their Studio Showcase, and it is on the 7th.
:O

:O

:)

In hype mode now.

Derrick01 said:
So you're saying there will be one for mw3 since it's not treyarch? :)

Nope! Although I'll go ahead and say that an MW3 cover at this point would be pretty surprising. Already quite a lot of info out on the game.

Derrick01

Banned
KefkaTaran said:
Nope! Although I'll go ahead and say that an MW3 cover at this point would be pretty surprising. Already quite a lot of info out on the game.

You guys could still do a multiplayer blowout /notsosubtlehint

I don't think they've unveiled anything about that yet. They claim it's going to be a bit different. I don't personally believe it but hey I'm open to surprises.

I assume the "f'ing" is probably Medal of Honor and Call of Duty if its Respawns game seeing as they started both franchises, I think?

Okay guys, first post, be gentle. Figured I would throw in my two cents. NOT BUNGIE! I wish more than anyone it was Bungie, but what would make sense in that statement? "This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing Halo and Halo. Read this."? I know they have done other games before Halo, but are any of them games that the GI crowd would have any idea what they were?

I agree that it could be the Respawn game, but I also see their game being pretty far out, late 2012 earliest and late 2013 more likely. So as much as I would love for it to be their proposed sci-fi FPS to rival Halo, I doubt that this is the answer.

I see the context given the game was not at E3 by GI as everyone expected it to be at E3, so The Last Guardian is a viable option, even though given GI's previous few years of cover stories the new Respawn game is more likely than TLG.

If I had to put my money on one company, and one game that was not shown at E3 even though everyone knew it was going to be shown and has the largest "dude" capacity it would be "This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing Gears of War and Unreal. Read this." Gears of War: Exile anyone? Like I said, just putting in my two cents and from what I've seen in the thread so far no one else has made this guess, so I just did. Besides, Cliff Bleszinski is totally a Dude and they're announcement from the VGA's still needs to be made, how better than a GI cover post E3?

Any opinions or followers of my awesome theory?

Hey You

Crimson Angelus said:
Okay guys, first post, be gentle. Figured I would throw in my two cents. NOT BUNGIE! I wish more than anyone it was Bungie, but what would make sense in that statement? "This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing Halo and Halo. Read this."? I know they have done other games before Halo, but are any of them games that the GI crowd would have any idea what they were?
Well they could say Marathon. I hear there's still a community for that. But I doubt that something as big as Bungie's next game would be revealed in a magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom