• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI August Cover - "A game that wasn't at E3" - "From dudes of f'ing XXXX and XXXX"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperXL7

i'm going to go for broke and say Final Fantasy Versus XIII, I could not really see anyone really thinking this which from his response seems to be the key.

I don't know if a US mag would get a revel like this coming out of japan before someone like Famitsu, but I can Dream.

MuddyDonut said:
Its on the front page, so it can't be that bad of a game, can it?

gami_208_cov_front.jpg

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Tomorrow is the summer EA event, and I am guessing that is not a coincidence.

ReaperXL7

ChuckNoLuck said:
The were bought by Electronic Arts.

Does not seem to have affected guys like Visceral, or other various developers owned or partnered with EA. I really think Bioware just lost touch/or interest in what the fans of their games really want.

Has GI ever had an MMO on the cover? I was thinking with SOEs fanfair soon maybe it could be Planetside 2, or Everquest 3.

ReaperXL07 said:
Has GI ever had an MMO on the cover? I was thinking with SOEs fanfair soon maybe it could be Planetside 2, or Everquest 3.

Star Trek Online.

Also, it could be Agent. RDR and GTA would fit nicely in those two XXX's.

EDIT: Also, it can't be Max Payne 3, because they already had that issue.

Chuck Norris said:
Why would GTA5 needs a tagline "from the creators of..."? GTA5 speaks for itself, as does any franchise game

It's obviously a new IP
My feeling too. It's gotta be Respawn's game. EA is doing some kind of press event Thursday and these people did create Call of Duty and Medal of Honor...

jambo

Half-Life 3

BELIEVE!!!

Majanew said:
Please don't be Half-Life 3. You've waited so long, Valve... just make it a damn next-gen title for when the WiiU and NextBox are out.

PC title kthx

emb

I can't read this thread title without hearing it in Tak Fuji's voice. <.<

So we know tomorrow? Hope it's something cool. Not too optimistic about it though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
emb said:
I can't read this thread title without hearing it in Tak Fuji's voice. <.<

So we know tomorrow? Hope it's something cool. Not too optimistic about it though.
It's almost always the first Thursday of the month.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Am I the only one who,due to the "f'ing",is thinking of Platinum Games/Grasshoper involved?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Mpl90 said:
Am I the only one who,due to the "f'ing",is thinking of Platinum Games/Grasshoper involved?
Has Game Informer ever had a Japanese game on the cover?

I can't think of any.

Kibbles

TheOddOne said:
Fixed bro.
Doesn't fit the X's though. Unless those aren't representative of the names.

[edit] Dope, looked at his twitter.
the Xs don't match game names and if I told you the game names..well, that would be too much info at the moment

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Maybe,it's a crossover between two different teams.
So,we could not see it coming.
A Western one and a Japanese one.
Platinum Games / Rockstar
GTA Varrigan City Bloody Chronicles,only on 3DS.

What the hell am I thinking?!?

Uzny

Someone mentioned Devil's Third earlier, I hope that's the case. The quote also seems to be fitting quite well - "From dudes of f'ing Ninja Gaiden and DOA".

Uzny said:
Someone mentioned Devil's Third earlier, I hope that's the case. The quote also seems to be fitting quite well - "From dudes of f'ing Ninja Gaiden and DOA".

Then it would be "dude", not "dudes". Many only associate Itagaki with those titles.

Please be GTA V.
Or another unnanounced game.
Heads will roll if this is DOTA2 or some other bullshit that was already announced.

GI_AndyMc Andy McNamara
Cover line we did not use for the new issue: This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing XXXX and XXXX. Read this.
28 Jun
Doesn't this mean the game is not one that would be advertised as the next product of well-known devs? Everyone is guessing these big-name games, but doesn't this tweet say the opposite?

edit: or is he being tongue-in-cheek? stupid internets...

RooMHM

Majanew said:
Please don't be Half-Life 3. You've waited so long, Valve... just make it a damn next-gen title for when the WiiU and NextBox are out.
No? PC lead and problem is solved.

Gravijah

opticalmace said:
Doesn't this mean the game is not one that would be advertised as the next product of well-known devs? Everyone is guessing these big-name games, but doesn't this tweet say the opposite?

edit: or is he being tongue-in-cheek? stupid internets...

He's just saying they didn't use that specific cover line, and that they used something else. It's still the same game.

tipped

Neo Member
Phoenix_Apollo said:
Also, it could be Agent. RDR and GTA would fit nicely in those two XXX's.

There are 4 X's in the clue, rather than 3, so it doesn't fit that nicely.

Agent would be awesome, but aren't Rockstar big enough to negate needing 'from the makers of'?

Majanew

Banned
jambo said:
Half-Life 3

BELIEVE!!!

PC title kthx

RooMHM said:
No? PC lead and problem is solved.
Needs to release on PC and console on the same day. Why I hope Valve just waits for the next generation of consoles, so it'll be basically the same game on all platforms and will look its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom