• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI August Cover - "A game that wasn't at E3" - "From dudes of f'ing XXXX and XXXX"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeblue

Sounds like a new IP by the wording of it. TLG is the only one I can think of, but that seems too far off to have on a cover. Hmmm...

GI's Phil Kollar tweeted this a few hours ago:

@pkollar said:
Almost forgot that the August issue cover reveal is tomorrow! Excited as this is one of those rare covers that virtually no one will guess.

In subsequent tweets, he's more or less confirmed that it is neither Bungie's nor Respawn's new game. Hmm.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm gonna assume that it's an EA title, since they have their big showcase tomorrow and have some big announcements there.

kenta

Has no PEINS
If people aren't guessing it, they aren't excited about seeing more of it, so I'm not sure how hyped I should be

Probably the new Alan Wake game rumored a couple of weeks back.

Edit: Didn't notice the rest of the title. Guess it's not Alan Wake then. :p

It has to be Respawn's game. Kollar is just pulling some shit to keep us guessing. GI had him tweet that because the general populace guessed it so soon.

ConradCervantes said:
It has to be Respawn's game. Kollar is just pulling some shit to keep us guessing. GI had him tweet that because the general populace guessed it so soon.

It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened

Concept17 said:
Thief or Borderlands2.
Borderlands 2 would be awesome to hear about.

Especially after all this Duke Nukem crap and whatever the hell they've done to what used to be called Brothers in Arms.

Fredescu

Gotta be Obsidian's "you'd be crazy to turn down a chance to work on that IP" game. That was supposed to be announced "around E3". Right? Riiiight?

:(

Derrick01

Banned
I wanted to say the new Splinter Cell now but that doesn't strike me as something no one would guess.

The new Thief sounds much more likely and we know they've been working on it for a while, and they're pretty much wrapping up Deus Ex now so a reveal wouldn't be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom