• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI August Cover - "A game that wasn't at E3" - "From dudes of f'ing XXXX and XXXX"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rObit

Banned
So print mags ship way early right? This would hit shelves before August? Could it be the new Bungie game to coincide with Bungie day on 7/7? Probably not, but I can hope.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Won't see it coming then eh?

Chrono Break!

Irish

Delightful Oonsk said:
So print mags ship way early right? This would hit shelves before August? Could it be the new Bungie game to coincide with Bungie day on 7/7? Probably not, but I can hope.

Eh, they are usually labeled a month ahead. The August issue comes out in July, the May issue comes out in April, December in November, and so on and so forth.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Syndicate, Respawn game, Insane, or Doom4 seem like the likeliest possibilities.

Seda

M_Night said:
When can we expect the actual announcement? I'm not familiar with GI's release schedule.

Usually it's revealed about a week into the prior month, meaning likely July 7 or 8th or so. Sometime next week probably.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
cuyahoga said:
Syndicate, Respawn game, Insane, or Doom4 seem like the likeliest possibilities.
Those are all good possibilities.

I'd probably wouldn't be shocked if it was Doom 4. Rage is in the can and ready to be released, id needs to get the hype train going a bit on their next title.

badgenome

Pupi18 said:
Bayonetta Reboot by Ninja Theory.

Yep.

Bella-twilight-breaking-dawn-twilight-series-15070108-400-400.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
M_Night said:
When can we expect the actual announcement? I'm not familiar with GI's release schedule.
It's almost always the first Thursday of the month, so June 7th.

The only deviation we've had from that this year was Darksiders 2, which showed up on Wednesday as Thursday was super news packed.

cuyahoga said:
Well, let's try these with the slogan.

Syndicate. This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing Riddick and The Darkness. Read this.

Respawn's game. This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2. Read this.

Insane. This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing Red Faction and Saints Row. Read this.

Doom 4. This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing Doom and Quake. Read this.

Mrbob

Guys who made NOLF and FEAR.

New Monolith game, NOLF inspired. MAKE IT SO. GOTY. If Cate Archer is in it as the protagonist return of the queen!

Monolith passed on FEAR 3 to make this new IP. Now that FEAR 3 is out we have to hear about the new game soon! Wasn't at E3 either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys aren't paying enough attention to the 'f'ing' part. That means it's from something big.

I'll say GTA 5 or maybe Bully 2 since that got 'announced' by the composer

SappYoda

GI_AndyMc Andy McNamara
Cover line we did not use for the new issue: This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Read this.
28 Jun

I know its on the OP but its a perfect fit.

Edit: Wait. Who worked on? Now it doesn't fit right.

FLEABttn

Banned
Mrbob said:
Guys who made NOLF and FEAR.

New Monolith game, NOLF inspired. MAKE IT SO. GOTY. If Cate Archer is in it as the protagonist return of the queen!

Monolith passed on FEAR 3 to make this new IP. Now that FEAR 3 is out we have to hear about the new game soon! Wasn't at E3 either.

Would buy.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Anybody that's guessing a game from a Japanese developer is crazy. You guys know that Game Informer hasn't put a Japanese game on their cover since Blue Dragon, right? It's pretty much like having a Western game announced in Famitsu. It. Doesn't. Happen.

"From Dev of f'ing XXXX and XXXX" leads me to believe that we're talking about a studio with a name that's not as visible as something like Bioware or Blizzard or Valve, but that's made several very successful games that readers of GameInformer would recognize.

So, it'll be from a developer like Sucker Punch, Volition, Gearbox, Monolith, or Visceral Games. Something in that neighborhood.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
zoner said:
You guys aren't paying enough attention to the 'f'ing' part. That means it's from something big.

I'll say GTA 5 or maybe Bully 2 since that got 'announced' by the composer
However, the clue would also imply that the other games were big and that they're not the same game as the listed game.

It'd also imply that Game Informer has to reference those other games to make the game in question sound more impressive, so it's almost assuredly a new IP.

Respawn's game is the only thing that makes sense to me on that front, since they can actually list two of the biggest games of all time to make the new game relevant to the Game Informer audience.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nirolak said:
The clue would also imply though that the other games were big and that they're not the same game as the listed game.

It'd also imply that Game Informer has to reference those other games to make the game in question sound more impressive, so it's almost assuredly a new IP.

Respawn's game is the only thing that makes sense to me on that front, since they can actually list two of the biggest games of all time to make the new game relevant to the Game Informer audience.
The xxx AND xxx kind of ruins that theory though. If it was that, he'd JUST say Call of Duty. It wouldn't be worth nothing Call of Duty AND another Call of Duty

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
zoner said:
The xxx AND xxx kind of ruins that theory though. If it was that, he'd JUST say Call of Duty. It wouldn't be worth nothing Call of Duty AND another Call of Duty
In this case it could actually be relevant since Call of Duty is developed by different studios and CoD4/MW2 were the two that grew the franchise the most.

ZealousD

Nirolak said:

The issue is that they use the word "dev", as in singular, rather than "devs", a plural.

When people refer to new IPs made by startup companies that were splintered off of another developer, they use the plural.

It would not be appropriate to say that Respawn's game comes "from the developer of f'ing Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2", because Infinity Ward still exists in some capacity. But if they were to say "from the developers that brought you f'ing Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2", then that would lead us to Respawn.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ZealousD said:
The issue is that they use the word "dev", as in singular, rather than "devs", a plural.

When people refer to new IPs made by startup companies that were splintered off of another developer, they use the plural.

It would not be appropriate to say that Respawn's game comes "from the developer of f'ing Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2", because Infinity Ward still exists in some capacity. But if they were to say "from the developers that brought you f'ing Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2", that would make sense.
They don't say developer though, they say "dudes".

"This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing XXXX and XXXX. Read this."

ZealousD

Nirolak said:
They don't say developer though, they say "dudes".

"This game is from dudes who worked on f'ing XXXX and XXXX. Read this."

Oh.

How the hell did I change "dudes" into "dev"? Did somebody misquote it?

From Dev Of f'ing Resident Evil 4 and Vanquish, Shinji Mikiami gives you God Hand 2

:cue the Gaf orgasm:
from fantasy land

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ZealousD said:
Oh.

How the hell did I change "dudes" into "dev"? Did somebody misquote it?
I couldn't fit the whole thing in the title, so I went with dev. My bad.

Delightful Oonsk said:
Hmm so this would get announced on Bungie day.....

:3
This would have been a good guess, but I believe they mentioned their new game isn't unveiling then.

ZealousD

Nirolak said:
I couldn't fit the whole thing in the title, so I went with dev. My bad.

Ah okay.

Well "dudes" could mean anything. We could either be talking about a splinter development group like Respawn or a longer running developer like Volition. Although that kind of statement leans towards a splinter group.

And as I was saying before, anybody guessing a Japanese developed game has not been paying enough attention to GameInformer.

rObit

Banned
Nirolak said:
This would have been a good guess, but I believe they mentioned their new game isn't unveiling then.

Ah, alright. Explains why no one else has brought it up. Haven't been keeping up with the Bungie site lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom