• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its also 3 hours long if I remember correctly.

top of page!

vAfZR8K.gif

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, they're not?

I don't have any info or anything, but I'm kind of anticipating that show to drop the biggest surprises.

If that show has the biggest surprises this will be a pretty sad E3 year.
The "PC" conference is basically a place for the various publishers to all show up and talk about how great their PC versions are going to be. I don't know if many publishers could drop bombshells:
  • Blizzard (Overwatch maybe, but that's already announced, feels too early for a new Diablo, would people care about a new WoW expansion outside of Blizzcon?)
  • CDPR (just put out Witcher 3, too early for Cyberpunk 2077)
  • Firaxis (XCOM 2 will certainly be there, not much of a surprise, but gameplay would be hype)
  • EA (not likely to be leading with PC, could announce cool ports tho)
  • Ubisoft (again not leading with PC, port announcements or small projects)

I just don't see this "PC" press conference being anything but "Look at this sweet 4K graphics" on a rig you can't afford.

Myggen

From Jeff's Tumblr:

Anonymous asked: jeff gerstmann how is it that you can conversate with the millenials so well given your advanced age and intellect

*turns chair backwards and sits down*

Now let me tell you kids about rock cocaine.

•turns hat around backwards*

It can really screw up your chances to get into a good college.

*turns pants around backwards*

Remember: Only dopes… use dope.

*turns skin inside out*

And stay in school!

- J - D -

"Ostensibly about video games."

Almost as great a tenuous praise as The New Yorker's "Charmingly garrulous" snippet for the Bombcast.

That AV club summary reminds me, I've always been impressed by how seriously Giant Bomb tries to answer their emails, no matter the subject. Especially for crazy theoreticals.

Anjin M

"Ostensibly about video games."

Almost as great a tenuous praise as The New Yorker's "Charmingly garrulous" snippet for the Bombcast.

Ostensibly is a good word, when used in moderation. So is profoundly, for that matter.

edit://
Looking at the schedule, goddamn Sunday is gonna kill me.

I am very seriously considering calling in sick on Monday so that I can watch livestreams at home in my underpants. I'm sure my workplace would be okay with that because they don't want to see me in my underpants.

Does anyone have the sound where vinny edits Patrick to make him sound hilariously certain about Microsoft keeping the camera packed in with the xbone? I keep searching for it but I'm not finding a thing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Does anyone have the sound where vinny edits Patrick to make him sound hilariously certain about Microsoft keeping the camera packed in with the xbone? I keep searching for it but I'm not finding a thing.

It's the only bombcast clip not made into a highlight on Youtube. I don't understand why or how. I've tried to find it and the only way I succeeded was to google for the day the Kinect removal was announced, then look for the closest bombcast to that date.

Myggen

It's the only bombcast clip not made into a highlight on Youtube. I don't understand why or how. I've tried to find it and the only way I succeeded was to google for the day the Kinect removal was announced, then look for the closest bombcast to that date.

It's on Youtube somewhere, I listened to it a week or so ago. But I can't for the life of me find it now.

Really? That's easily a top 10 bombcast moment. I figured it had its own clip. Bah

witness

Did my annual listen to all the giant bomb yearly best of podcast on this year collection. Made me sad about Ryan hearing him again.

This is my favorite time of the year for giant bomb, their E3 shows are so good and I love that they commentate over the conferences now. Hoping for MGScanlon to return after E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom