• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my birthday tomorrow and getting to share it with Natalie Portman for 34 of my 37 years has been the best present of all (hi wife, who also shares my birthday)

Anjin M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgScLb6EAPs&feature=youtu.be

It is unlisted. I only have found it because Patrick posted it on his Tumblr awhile back.

It is work like this that made me look forward to the Beastcast so much. Vinny is a genius.

edit://
It's my birthday tomorrow and getting to share it with Natalie Portman for 34 of my 37 years has been the best present of all (hi wife, who also shares my birthday)

Happy almost birthday. I hope yours is as fun as mine was.

daydream

Banned
good to have a listed version of that clip 'cause man, that was fucking gold. i was laughing so hard when that came up.

and to think some people didn't like vinny's editing shenanigans

Hey Hearthstone players, I have a question.

I've found in Witcher 3 that Gwent really scratches an itch I didn't know I had. Would I enjoy Hearthstone? I probably wouldn't play PvP.

I've found in Witcher 3 that Gwent really scratches an itch I didn't know I had. Would I enjoy Hearthstone? I probably wouldn't play PvP.

DON'T DO IT.

Seriously I did the exact same thing as you, loved Gwent, moved on to Hearthstone to try out another card game. It has robbed me for HOURS of my life.

Hm, yeah I don't really have much interest in playing against other people. Communication is pretty limited though, right?

There is no communication. There are prebundled phrases that are said by the hero characters (such as Sorry and Oops, greetings). There is text chat but I think it can be disabled or set to friends only? I never met a player that used it at the very least.

Uh... so Beastcast 2 is up already?

If by "already" you mean "since friday" then yes.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
good to have a listed version of that clip 'cause man, that was fucking gold. i was laughing so hard when that came up.

and to think some people didn't like vinny's editing shenanigans

Some people are the worst. Has to be somebody. Mathematically, there's got to be a worst, and it's the people who didn't like Vinny's hosting and editing.

jgminto

Why are some peeps making the PC conference banners? I thought Jeff said they weren't watching it.

You should only play solo for the unlocks, there's no reason not to play PvP.

Myggen

Why are some peeps making the PC conference banners? I thought Jeff said they weren't watching it.

They're doing banners for all the conferences, and will probably use the PC one in the thread about the conference. This is the 7th banner contest, so they've been doing this much longer than they've been "talking over" conferences.

If you have played Gwent, you have played a TCG. Starting Hearthstone is virtually the same thing.

tumblr_mw0o5jLFXs1r0nu3uo1_250.gif

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

The DNA of the two games really is that similar. It's akin to how people who play lots of TCGs end up relating all of them to Magic the Gathering at some point. All of the games have shared concepts.

Don't question. Just believe.

Also, seconded on the Trump videos. The guy is a font of useful wisdom for new and old players alike.

popo

Catching up on a backlog. Why are they being such wet blankets over a bunch of chicken nuggets?

Dan was the worst. You would think someone who eats a lot of fast food would be a lot less worried about food hygiene. Even Jeff seemed worried that leaving partially defrosted nuggs out would be dangerous. Also, lol at brad acting as if they already smelt rotten.

Drew was the only one who acted normally and credit to the gamespot dudes who were lining up like bums at a soup kitchen. Free food is free food.

I was hoping this was the sequel to Jeff's Blurry Day.

I was hoping it was Home Improvement for the NES.

popo

I mean yes, but also improperly cooked chicken is kind of a big deal.

No shit, but it was clearly pre cooked and everyone except Dan knew that - he was just letting chat troll him.

the only dodgy thing they did was letting stuff half thaw and refreezing - and that was just likely to make it taste awful rather than cause health issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That nomnom galaxy ql made me want to play it bad (and i own it!) but I hate to play early access games

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
No shit, but it was clearly pre cooked and everyone except Dan knew that - he was just letting chat troll him.

the only dodgy thing they did was letting stuff half thaw and refreezing - and that was just likely to make it taste awful rather than cause health issues.

They didn't refreeze anything, the thawed chicken fries went into a trash can.

hamchan

Catching up on a backlog. Why are they being such wet blankets over a bunch of chicken nuggets?

Dan was the worst. You would think someone who eats a lot of fast food would be a lot less worried about food hygiene. Even Jeff seemed worried that leaving partially defrosted nuggs out would be dangerous. Also, lol at brad acting as if they already smelt rotten.

Drew was the only one who acted normally and credit to the gamespot dudes who were lining up like bums at a soup kitchen. Free food is free food.

Dan being so scared to eat the chicken chips that he brought in himself just shows him to be the true baby that he is.

danm999

I mean you're right; but I think you might be underselling the paranoia in the moment of Dan "egg whites" Ryckert bringing chicken from a wholesale source without instructions and cooking it in a toaster oven for a random amount of time.

I too, would be reluctant to "go first".

daydream

Banned
please keep the dance gifs in your pants until it is time

(also, if you need dance gifs, check out last year's gb@e3 thread because it has all the dance gifs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom