• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

wonder if dan played mgs v

I doubt it since most of the previews are coming from either a 2 day event at Konami's offices or a shorter judges week session. Jeff may have played it for the latter but they wouldn't send Dan to Konami since he wouldn't get any video coverage out of it.

Funny. First name came to me was William Gibson.

I thought of Gibson, the world's largest dog that lived in my hometown.
SaEeRV8.jpg

kvk1

Alex and Vinny continue to be a surprisingly awesome content duo.

Really really stoked as to how GB East is chugging along.

Myggen

As if there was ever any doubt, "Talking over..." Nintendo and Square Enix has been added to the schedule.

We're nearly there. Did Jeff confirm if he was able to get a guest on besides Danny this year on the Big Live Drive?

We probably won't know anything about that until the drive start, like last year.

As if there was ever any doubt, "Talking over..." Nintendo and Square Enix has been added to the schedule.

We probably won't know anything about that until the drive start, like last year.
I actually didn't know if they'd do Nintendo since it's prerecorded. Awesome.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
We're getting a whole lot of content out of E3 this year.

Figured that's why we've had such a light 3 weeks.

anyone want to start taking bets on who the first one sick will be this year? Will brad hold on to his reigning title?

also side bar:

rewatching UPF, it was pretty funny with Drew outing himself as the third person to fall asleep on the stream. I remember that day too!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Jeff and Danny's E3 mixlr drive is on Saturday right?

2756493-ea15.gif

Took me a while to get what was going on. Genius.
Simply genius.

Also for some reason I decided to watch the PS4 launch stream again and I had to laugh/cry when somebody in the chat asked them whether they think we will see a couple of PS3 games rereleased for PS4.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm almost certain the song about halfway through has been used in another game they've done a QL for. It sounds incredibly familiar, at least. Not sure if it's from hearing it on Giant Bomb or somewhere else.

If it's the song I'm thinking about then it's definitely not an original. Can't remember the actual name but royalty free classical music sure is a wonderful thing.

tchocky

Watching the Madden highlight again it's funniest to watch Drew's reaction first he nearly chokes on his drink and then he gets frustrated with Brad and gives a great look to the camera.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
yeah now i'm confused, it doesn't sound like MGS at all... at this point I WANT dumb 45min conspiracy dialogue

Everything about MGS5 seems like the kind of Metal Gear I might actually want to play.

They should absolutely not be making the type of Metal Gear that I want to play, unless their goal includes alienating every MGS fan before Konami dumps the team entirely.

tchocky

yeah now i'm confused, it doesn't sound like MGS at all... at this point I WANT dumb 45min conspiracy dialogue

It seems like it is going to be similar to Peace Walker with smaller missions and kidnapping guys to join your team and I hated PW so it has me very worried.

I got the feeling from GZ that instead of a steady trickle of dumbass cutscenes it's going to be much smaller little moments that are occasionally punctuated with a huge significant cutscene every so often.

I think i'd prefer that pacing over whatever the fuck MGS4 was trying to do with its pacing. Which im not sure it was trying to pace itself at all.

but yeah, a quieter snake seems wrong. goddamn kojima and his need to starfuck with Kiefer.

imBask

Banned
It seems like it is going to be similar to Peace Walker with smaller missions and kidnapping guys to join your team and I hated PW so it has me very worried.

I never played PW, actually I had never played a Metal Gear before until 3 months ago!

I played 2 and watched Metal Gear Scanlon for 3, and now i'm almost done with 4 just in time for 5. I'll try to squeeze in metal gear scanlon 1 before 5

justjim89

Between Snake turning into Gordon Freeman and the overall lack of story inserted into the game from what it sounds, I'm worried. I love Ground Zeroes, it plays phenomenally. But it's not a MGS game.

And the alert system sucks. Instead of guards radioing in for backup every guard just knows where you are the moment you're seen. Dumb ass change.

Guys, I don't think Patrick supports Bloody Baron as Best New Character 2015.

I felt sorry for the guy, I confess. Especially in the scene where he gives Dea her name.

Some spoilers about the questline:

I agree with Patrick's assessment of the character but I think there is room to sympathize for the man as human based on the events that occur during the questline, while having 0 sympathy for his ridiculous excuses for murder and abusing his wife for the years following. I'd even blame him 100% for causing the events but the consequences that follow during the actual game aren't things that someone even in that world could anticipate. The way the quest ended for me, there are horrific things that happen that you wouldn't wish even on the lowest human garbage. I wouldn't pick any dialog choices that would suggest I sympathize with his past with his wife, it was absolutely inexcusable but the things the man was forced to witness in my outcome, it's beyond dealing with horrible life choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom