• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
God when is Giant Bomb going to start utilizing an actual editor? I don't think I have ever read an article on their site without noticing at least two dumb typos.

Zaph

As in a copy editor? Why waste the money given how few written articles there are?

They peer-review everything and publish it. Mistakes will pop up, it's not a big deal.

popo

God when is Giant Bomb going to start utilizing an actual editor? I don't think I have ever read an article on their site without noticing at least two dumb typos.

As in a copy editor? Why waste the money given how few written articles there are?

They peer-review everything and publish it. Mistakes will pop up, it's not a big deal.

I mean a copy editor is overkill. Just run a spell checker and proof your own work. Patrick was particularly bad at this. Maybe proof reading is a dying art because lately e-books seem to be littered with errors.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I mean a copy editor is overkill. Just run a spell checker and proof your own work. Patrick was particularly bad at this. Maybe proof reading is a dying art because lately e-books seem to be littered with errors.

It can be difficult to proofread your own stuff. But I assume somebody read over Austin's article for errors and they did a terrible job. I am not particularly picky, but he is missing at least a few articles. That is super basic, obvious stuff that is just kind of distracting to see.

2564391-brad_nod.gif

It can be difficult to proofread your own stuff. But I assume somebody read over Austin's article for errors and they did a terrible job. I am not particularly picky, but he is missing at least a few articles. That is super basic, obvious stuff that is just kind of distracting to see.

Jeff letting some of Patrick's articles go up on the site in the state they were in was pretty ridiculous a lot of the time, but I didn't really notice that stuff as much with Austin's piece. Could've been better, though, yeah.

I like the raw ass text.
Capcom/Sony farmed out Street Fighter 4 to the company that made IDARB...lol. Amazing.
Gotta save that paper.
Also, doesn't sound like a good place. If this review is actually legit.
http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Other-Ocean-Interactive-EI_IE457848.11,34.htm
Thanks, Twin Tails.
Fixed.

santeesioux

This is maybe not the place to discuss it, but I've brought out the popcorn.

No, but they've banned a few of the more offensive subs, among them the anti-NeoGAF one (named NeoFAG, so you know it's some classy shit). And of course the free speech crusaders of Reddit are out in full force.

But again, probably not something for this thread.

Whoa, those dudes work fast, there's already several new ones that will probably be banned immediately. Not gonna lie, if it wasn't for the racist and sexist stuff, a kind of neogaf parody could be funny.

justjim89

Really hope they can get Xavier Woods on the night show since he'll be on Kinda Funny, but I have a feeling an actively touring WWE Superstar currently holding a championship might not have hours of time on a weekday evening. Here's hoping, though.

NEW DAY!

Zaph

Damn, sad news about Stepto. Seemed like a decent guy when he was on GB.

I'm surprised that the African-American demographic is that low compared to the Asian and Hispanic demographic.
I'm not. Black people love video games, but generally avoid all the mainstays of video game culture/community for obvious reasons (FGC is the exception).

demidar

Sounds like some type of incident. His friend died and he's in a coma. Family announced he's not expected to make it.

Jeez that's pretty sad. I didn't expect something that bad considering I can't find anything about it on the Gaf proper's front page.

Damn, sad news about Stepto. Seemed like a decent guy when he was on GB.

I'm not. Black people love video games, but generally avoid all the mainstays of video game culture/community for obvious reasons (FGC is the exception).

Yeah, I had to do some digging at first to see what was happening. I was getting lots of sad faces and solemn tweets with no context. Then, in one of the twitter conversations, I think I stumbled on to the account of his wife or girlfriend (or maybe simply a friend) who was planning to go to E3, but is instead going to stay with him at the hospital. I didn't want to post a thread about it because I felt I didn't have enough information about what happened to warrant one.

I don't know much about him. Only that he used to work at XBOX.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Looks like he has some medical issues.
http://www.stepto.com/

“Your hemoglobin is pretty low so while we wait on some of the other panel work we’re going to give you a blood transfusion.”

These aren’t words you expect to hear casually, offhand like “I need to check your blood pressure.”

I was sitting in an ER in Vancouver and reflecting on how things could get more stressful. Divorce, new job, relocation to a new country, job doesn’t quite work out, find new employment, feel run down and generally not well, bam hospital with a blood transfusion. I mean, who gets one of those “just because?” Besides Lance Armstrong I mean.

I've got two, so I'm a double-academic.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in English. There were two tracks that you could take. I took the literature one. The other was communications, I think. The funny thing was, in order to get enough credits to graduate, I nearly completed the second track as well. I came a few courses away from essentially double majoring the same major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom