• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Sometimes I see people complain that GB has gotten more uptight and PC with their humor, and I typically dismiss it as GG-types mad at the SJW boogeyman. But then I went ahead and looked up the QL for de Blob 2 cause Splatoon had me thinking about it and one of the early jokes Brad says is referring to Vinny as a "Peron of Color...Blindness." It's funny, but it also seems like the kinda joke they wouldn't make these days.

Not saying it's a good or bad thing, or even necessarily a pattern, but I thought I'd mention it. Made me laugh.

Myggen

sure, put your popcorn on skype and let's do this

Hmmmm.

Also, the site is really fucked right now. Suddenly my post count went from almost 7000 to 4800, a lot of pictures just aren't loading etc.

Sometimes I see people complain that GB has gotten more uptight and PC with their humor, and I typically dismiss it as GG-types mad at the SJW boogeyman. But then I went ahead and looked up the QL for de Blob 2 cause Splatoon had me thinking about it and one of the early jokes Brad says is referring to Vinny as a "Peron of Color...Blindness." It's funny, but it also seems like the kinda joke they wouldn't make these days.

Not saying it's a good or bad thing, or even necessarily a pattern, but I thought I'd mention it. Made me laugh.

Heh, it's probably just them growing up some. I could see them making that specific joke today though, was pretty harmless all things considered :)

They probably have gotten a little PC in their humour but I don't find it totally negative personally. I mean, Vinny referred to Naoto as "It" in the Endurance Run. None of the crew would say something like that nowadays and that's definitely a good thing.

justjim89

They probably have gotten a little PC in their humour but I don't find it totally negative personally. I mean, Vinny referred to Naoto as "It" in the Endurance Run. None of the crew would say something like that nowadays and that's definitely a good thing.

Also from the ER:

Vinny: Man, you thought battling monsters was hard... you should try getting it on with high school girls.
Jeff: Yeah.
Ryan: (in the background) TELL ME ABOUT IT!

But yeah it's probably just them growing up a bit and being a little more cognizant of what's not cool today in today's environment. Not complaining certainly.

Also from the ER:

Vinny: Man, you thought battling monsters was hard... you should try getting it on with high school girls.

But yeah it's probably just them growing up a bit and being a little more cognizant of what's not cool today in today's environment. Not complaining certainly.
And in the same content series you had Ryan taking the opposite stance:

Hey. HEY. THAT'S NOT APPROPRIATE.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
So I'm catching up on old bombcasts, and drew mentions at the end of one that we should check out the site because a new episode of mgscanlon is going up and I forgot I was listening to an old bombcast and got all excited ☹

So I'm catching up on old bombcasts, and drew mentions at the end of one that we should check out the site because a new episode of mgscanlon is going up and I forgot I was listening to an old bombcast and got all excited ☹

Hearing Jeff's love for MGS4 on the bombcast this week made me really excited for the next MGScanlon.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If the next Metal Gear Scanlon is a 3 person crew, they should make the third person useful and have him play a good game while MGS4 is happening.

If the next Metal Gear Scanlon is a 3 person crew, they should make the third person useful and have him play a good game while MGS4 is happening.

Boom!

I actually think MGS4 will be more interesting to watch than 3. I was kind of disappointed with the Snake Eater season of Metal Gear Scanlon.

Unrelated, are you as ready as I am for the rain and mild temperatures to come back to town?

popo

Also from the ER:

It wasn't that long ago that Dan made that oral sex joke.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Boom!

I actually think MGS4 will be more interesting to watch than 3. I was kind of disappointed with the Snake Eater season of Metal Gear Scanlon.

Unrelated, are you as ready as I am for the rain and mild temperatures to come back to town?

I couldn't make it past act 2 of MGS 4's cut scenes when I was playing the game myself, I can easily see myself missing more than half of the episodes of the next series.

And I had no idea there was rain on the forecast again until you mentioned it. Once June hits I just assume the weather will be "AAAAAAAAAAAAGH FUCK THE SUN" until further notice.

Also

814763314ee0acdfae444522c22f246a.png

their comedy is just fine

I couldn't make it past act 2 of MGS 4's cut scenes when I was playing the game myself, I can easily see myself missing more than half of the episodes of the next series.

And I had no idea there was rain on the forecast again until you mentioned it. Once June hits I just assume the weather will be "AAAAAAAAAAAAGH FUCK THE SUN" until further notice.

Actually, yeah... the cutscenes are far too long for the feature. Some episodes will literally be 75% cutscene.

I had a moment last night where I was like "what the fuck am I going to do?" because it was 10 o'clock and my apartment was still 90 degrees. I can't afford to run my damn AC!

Their sense of humor hasn't changed, those moments are just spread out over a long time, it's not like those type of comments were happening in every video.

popo

E3 predictions : no english dub of Persona 5 to be seen, hence confirming 2016 US release (2017 in Europe, digital only, £150)..

Zaph

I feel like Kinda Funny is what GB would be if they listened to all the stupid fan suggestions.

Greg is still cool tho.

"but where were you when the internet couldn’t input charlie tunoku’s name on the Persona Q name entry screen in the english version of the game"

Follow the Money.
Wait, what? Is it because the name wouldn't fit or was it actually blacklisted, meaning they acknowledged it?

E3 predictions : no english dub of Persona 5 to be seen, hence confirming 2016 US release (2017 in Europe, digital only, £150)..

A lack of an english dub doesn't mean it won't come out in 2015, plus that game is going to come out in 2015.

Wait, what? Is it because the name wouldn't fit or was it actually blacklisted, meaning they acknowledged it?

The name wouldn't fit.

Curufinwe

The P4 ER has a lot of jokes they may not make nowadays. Like the one about it burning when Nanako pees.

Yeah, for some reason, the localized Persona Q still only allows six characters per name; you can't even input most of the official names (Yu Narukami & Minato Arisato; Souji Seta and Makoto Yuki still work).

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
6 per first and last name. So 12 total.

That excludes a full half of the most common names for 16 year olds in the US (just from taking a relatively random year presumably in the target audience) and nearly half of the most common surnames overall in the US. That's a hilariously small amount of characters to allow for.

edit: AND apparently it has to truncate the actual names of the characters! If that isn't some NES bullshit right there I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom