• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

The E3 drive show. Alex said that they were setting it up and Stormare had actually accepted the invitation, but he had something else come up that pulled him away.
That excuse is clearly made up. He probably heard them butchering his name on the Beastcast and pulled out in a rage.

It's not pronounced "Storm'Aire".

EDIT: Holy shit, according to Wikipedia Peter Stormare was born in my shitty hometown. I'm internet famous!

Salarians

tumblr_nv44qqFahK1u7vnzfo2_r1_250.gif

Megasoum

Banned
The Rorie WoW video kinda makes me want to play Warcraft 3...

I never actually played much of that game? Like I played a couple of skirmishes and a couple of campaign mission but never went through the whole thing.

I imagine that it's kinda terrible on a modern machine tho... Hopefully those remasters rumors are true.

Xater

The Rorie WoW video kinda makes me want to play Warcraft 3...

I never actually played much of that game? Like I played a couple of skirmishes and a couple of campaign mission but never went through the whole thing.

I imagine that it's kinda terrible on a modern machine tho... Hopefully those remasters rumors are true.

Warcraft 3 runs fine on modern machines. Blizzard is good about keeping their stuff up to date like that.

Can't remember what it was called but the extra RPG-like mode in Warcraft 3 was really fun. The thing where you could play as different hero units and all that jazz.

Strife of Aeons?

Dunno, it was a single player thing with a story where you started off as... the orc with the warg I think? You could play as a Pandaren at some point and I think it had dungeons and stuff. I guess it was a mod downloaded but it was an awfully long time ago.

Edit: This is going to drive me nuts. Did Warcraft3/Frozen Throne come with anything like that?

goblin

Dunno, it was a single player thing with a story where you started off as... the orc with the warg I think? You could play as a Pandaren at some point and I think it had dungeons and stuff. I guess it was a mod downloaded but it was an awfully long time ago.

Edit: This is going to drive me nuts. Did Warcraft3/Frozen Throne come with anything like that?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Founding_of_Durotar

This? The Frozen Throne's campaign in general leaned further into the RPG side of things than Reign of Chaos and got pretty experimental with mission design. It was cool /ontopic just like Giant Bomb and their E3 coverage.

This? The Frozen Throne's campaign in general leaned further into the RPG side of things than Reign of Chaos and got pretty experimental with mission design. It was cool /ontopic just like Giant Bomb and their E3 coverage.

Yes, thanks so much for finding that. I thought it probably came with the game as I don't remember going to outside sources to download maps.

Now I just want to play Warcraft 3 again, I remember the campaigns beings a really good time.

Wunder

Oh shit, I was gonna say I thought they wanted to update this campaign as the game progressed and they actually did! I somehow missed Act 2 and 3 I guess. The first act was so awesome and felt like a pre-cursor to WoW quests in a lot of ways.

Jintor

frozen thrown orc campaign was by far the most fun i ever had playing warcraft.

rexarr was fucking cool.

man i used to be a huge warcraft lore nerd but i really didn't like what they did to the world with wow. MMO storytelling still and has always sucked

Noaloha

man i used to be a huge warcraft lore nerd but i really didn't like what they did to the world with wow. MMO storytelling still and has always sucked
Possibly puckish exception-positing, but FFXI had some decent sagas (CoP for sure) and The Secret World gets a lot of nice words for its storytelling also I think.

Jintor

for me it's a medium more than message thing, the way it has to cater to players in it and the general raid-style design of it makes for really weird storytelling. I fully admit to not being invested enough to really investigate multiple worlds though

It's funny you guys are talking about Galak-Z. Always thought the art style looked kinda cool so I booted up the game. I only played alittle bit, but I did say to my self "I'm not sure this is a good game". But I didn't give it much time, maybe just need spend more time with it idk....

It's funny you guys are talking about Galak-Z. Always thought the art style looked kinda cool so I booted up the game. I only played alittle bit, but I did say to my self "I'm not sure this is a good game". But I didn't give it much time, maybe just need spend more time with it idk....

I always thought it was going to have a more structured campaign, and be an action/adventure kinda thing, rather than the arcade roguelike it ended up as. That and the whole Void DLC debacle killed 100% of my interest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom