• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
all the cool websites operate out of new york tbh

Back in the old days you absolutely had to be in San Francisco to cover video games. Only way around that was being Game Informer. But nowadays, the way games media has changed, I don't think that's necessary anymore.

Mr. F

Banned
If I hypothetically felt like I was missing out on Film and 40s but have never seen the early FF movies is that an ok way to watch them the first time? I don't think I have it in me to watch them twice in a short window.

...hypothetically.

I just want to give a big thanks to Alex for having the idea for watching all of the Fast and Furious movies.

The guys guessing the whole time while waiting for Bow-Wow's car was great.

I'm actually contemplating just listening to the Fast 'n 40s like a podcast. I just don't have any interest in the films. I've seen a couple already.

It works quite well. They're talking the entire time so it works great just to listen to.

Mupod

If I hypothetically felt like I was missing out on Film and 40s but have never seen the early FF movies is that an ok way to watch them the first time? I don't think I have it in me to watch them twice in a short window.

...hypothetically.

I just had the wonderful mental image of someone treating their first viewing of 2 fast 2 furious like it was profound high art and needed to be experienced in the most optimal way possible.

But yeah I've never seen any of these, at least not in full. I'd never watch them otherwise.

LiK

I just had the wonderful mental image of someone treating their first viewing of 2 fast 2 furious like it was profound high art and needed to be experienced in the most optimal way possible.

But yeah I've never seen any of these, at least not in full. I'd never watch them otherwise.

They're really fun movies.

Bacon

...hypothetically.

Yeah it's a fine way to watch them the first time. You're not gonna be missing out on important plot stuff because it's all mostly nonsense anyway. I've been putting subtitles on to help me follow the movie and listen to the guys commentary on it and that's been working well.

Ashby

I just want to play Zelda and I have like 20 hours of Giant Bomb content. Plus there's UPF tonight. I haven't even gotten to the Bombcast let alone the Beastcast. Fuck!

Mupod

Yeah it's a fine way to watch them the first time. You're not gonna be missing out on important plot stuff because it's all mostly nonsense anyway. I've been putting subtitles on to help me follow the movie and listen to the guys commentary on it and that's been working well.

yeah I've been using subtitles as well, definitely helps a lot. I also caught a few usages of 'BRO' in 2 that the guys missed.

Jeff being there for F&F is just fucking perfect.

That Rorie= Chicken Hawk post is haunting me right now.
I can't unsee it anymore.

Wouldn't Jason make a better Wile E. Coyote?

shpdgzpx.png

Seriously, stop talking about GotY.
It's barely March

This year ain't fuckin around.

Curufinwe

I really enjoyed the Bloodborne part of yesterday's stream. It was a nice combo of Breaking Bradborne, plus Rorie reprising his role from Load our Last Souls of offering advice that was invariably unhelpful.

There's a shot of Lucas Black as he's entering Tokyo and in the background are a bunch of MC Hammer posters and I'm sad none of them caught it.

The Wildlands talk on Beastcast is hilarious. Jeff G's impressions of the voice acting killed me.

Goddamn I was laughing at some of that. Wildlands seems like I'd get a kick out of it but that tone-deafness kinda says "Black Friday" maybe.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wildlands looks and sounds like it could be amazing if played with three friends.
Which is also the case for pretty much every game ever made
Also I don't have that many friends

Please be my friend.

megalowho

Yeah, because that's absolutely the only reason why someone would criticize (even mildly) something.
I mean, he saw the
Lynel
as part of the first dungeon buildup, tried to fight it (you don't have to, the game tell you what you need there) and that was enough to make him say the story sequences are bad and want to quit the game. There's valid criticisms to discuss, but that wasn't a good look. Would like to hear Jeff as eloquent and thoughtful about what he enjoys about the game alongside what he didn't, there's plenty of good discussion to be mined there as well instead of always steering it back to the hangups.

Weetrick

I'm having a blast with Wildlands but I'm playing exclusively co-op with a buddy. I don't have many friends that play games, so it's rare for me to play coop like this. The dialogue is horrible but the game is dumb fun.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm actually contemplating just listening to the Fast 'n 40s like a podcast. I just don't have any interest in the films. I've seen a couple already.

I listened to the first one that way. It's the only movie in the series I've seen and I hated it something powerful though, so I wasn't about to sit through it again or the movies that are generally accepted to be worse than the first.

Top Bottom