• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I think some of the Xbox demo discs have been good. They can't all be winners. It's just that the playstation discs definitely have more effort put into them.

One of the absolute best Demo Derbies ever was an Xbox disc, so I definitely wouldn't say it was entirely because it was an Xbox demo disc. It was just really light on content (5 demos and 7 videos compared to the 7 demos and like a dozen videos in the one I linked) and had only one person stepping up with decent jokes.

I have a feeling they pick these at random without doing too much vetting of what's actually on the disc, so maybe the could curate it a bit at this point to avoid repeats and technical issues (remember how we were robbed of Brad playing Lifeline in that first post-Dan episode).

Dipping Pizza is the first sign of late Roman Decadence.

I thought it was sodomy

- J - D -

One of the absolute best Demo Derbies ever was an Xbox disc, so I definitely wouldn't say it was entirely because it was an Xbox demo disc. It was just really light on content (5 demos and 7 videos compared to the 7 demos and like a dozen videos in the one I linked) and had only one person stepping up with decent jokes.

I have a feeling they pick these at random without doing too much vetting of what's actually on the disc, so maybe the could curate it a bit at this point to avoid repeats and technical issues (remember how we were robbed of Brad playing Lifeline in that first post-Dan episode).

Considering that Demo Derbies happen about as often as an eclipse, I agree with you on the curation.

- J - D -

We're also supposed to be getting F8 sooner or later.

Beast has a lot of investments.

Ex Corps
Steal My Sunshine
Beastcast
Playdates

Etc.

I've said this before, but I'm still of the opinion that they shouldn't bother with a F&40s: F8 because Alex, Vinny, and Dan have all seen it already and have done the spoilercast for it.

seriously, though, the point isn't to bring in as shitty of a game as possible

it's to get games from that Eidos/THQ/etc tier of games

why haven't they played Stranglehold on stream yet

Mr. F

Banned
After playing a bunch of Mario/Rabbids I think the game might have inadvertently lowered my opinion of Grant Kirkhope's music ever so slightly.

It's mostly good, but in my head I've pretty much figured out the template that most of his work is comprised of. Kind of one note
shut up
if you look at a lot of his stuff super closely. Also holy shit some of those overworld themes loops are way too short for the amount of time you spend exploring/puzzle solving.

So, via Amazon Kindle/Comixology, I've been reading the 6-run issue Uncharted comic series that came out around the release of Uncharted 3. It actually is a prequel to 2, including characters such as Harry Flynn and Chloe Fraizer, who Nate meets for the first time here. I guess it went over my head at the time, but I had always assumed Nate did not know Chloe prior to the events of Uncharted 2. Anyhoo, I'm really enjoying it so far. It really feels like a lost game in the series. Once I finish it, I'll start the lone Uncharted novel Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth, which from excerpts I've read, seems to nail the tone as well. I also picked the 4-run issue Last of Us: American Dreams comic series.

Harpuia

MvCI looks fine in motion. But once you pause the action wowzers does it look rough.

That game could've used at least another year in the oven.

oti

Banned
MvCI looks fine in motion. But once you pause the action wowzers does it look rough.

Some of the story cutscenes are pretty nice. But the character designs? My god. I feel like we as a society should sue someone.

I would say it looks marginally less atrocious in motion but not that much. It's just obscured a bit more. But a lot of the animations are very bad. Which is weird because say what you will about SFV's character designs, the animation is phenomenal. MVCI has terrible designs, animations, and lighting.

Meguro

Banned
The Sonic Mania soundtrack is merely ok.
That's my hot take of the day.

Also yeah, Dangansona.
That and the absolute collapse of the SPD.

I've been listening to the audiobook of Norm Macdonald's new book and its pretty amazing how much of Dan's persona, down to the cadence of his voice, is modeled after Norm.

Top Bottom