• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Meh. I don't care if they are good or not for real, but they seem frustrated but also don't want to get better. It's the same every week I feel, time for a change.

Oh it would certainly be entertaining if they somehow got worse, too.

I just feel like they're misunderstanding "spicy" to mean "reckless and uncoordinated".

derFeef

Oh it would certainly be entertaining if they somehow got worse, too.

I just feel like they're misunderstanding "spicy" to mean "reckless and uncoordinated".

That happened yesterday imo, but I did not watch the whole thing yet. Also if you have Dan there it just happen naturally for them to be uncoordinated.
He may as well not be there. Or just TK them as soon as possible, that would be less frustrating.

Valtýr

When Vinny and Alex played with Austin and Patrick, it was super fun. They were able to be entertaining while also putting in effort to play well. For some reason when the Murder Island crew get together they just can't bring it together the same way.

Valtýr;244425990 said:
When Vinny and Alex played with Austin and Patrick, it was super fun. They were able to be entertaining while also putting in effort to play well. For some reason when the Murder Island crew get together they just can't bring it together the same way.

I think that's because UPF has been shit for a while and because Ben isn't adding anything to Giant Bomb... It has an effect on the whole crew and frankly, Brad leaving isn't making it any better.

kiyomi

I love you Vinny but watching you run around trying to find random attachments 25 minutes into the game while your teammates are 1km away from you and dying is frustrating as heck.

I still have fun watching the feature because it's just a reason for me to hear Jeff and Vinny together on the same stream.

They aren't going to get any better at team play if they only have one session per week. They won't get any better if they get serious about getting better.

Meneses

Was looking forward to a Beast QL but that was dumb.

Regarding the actual game, Serial Cleaner looks neat and the soundtrack seemed cool, but the AI / fact that you can hide when they're watching kinda dampened my interest.

PUBG is this year's Hitman (though admittedly not as good).

You guys are crazy.

It's a feature which has the very best of both coasts together, thus more worthy than nearly all other features alone.

oti

Banned
PUBG is this year's Hitman (though admittedly not as good).

You guys are crazy.

It's a feature which has the very best of both coasts together, thus more worthy than nearly all other features alone.

If PUBG was the pinnacle of GB I'd unsubscribe immediately. Thankfully it is not.

imBask

Banned
Thing about hitman is that at least there are different targets/maps.

Not with PUBG.

idk man... PUBG is about the stories, i've had more insane stories in PUBG than I did in Hitman

then again I was sour on Hitman because of the grinding, so I watched more Hitman than i've played

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
idk man... PUBG is about the stories, i've had more insane stories in PUBG than I did in Hitman

then again I was sour on Hitman because of the grinding, so I watched more Hitman than i've played

The story of pubg for murder island is that they spend 20 minutes looting and then dying in the first fight.

Why are people mad about the new Gbeast QL? Is it because it has personality?

I think for the most part people liked it, I certainly did. Then there is the anti-Dan contingent that will shit on everything he does.

Remember "fuckin' Dan ruins everything with his shitty rules" at the start of Steal my Sunshine? And then it turned out to be amazing and everyone shut up. The cycle continues.

derFeef

I think for the most part people liked it, I certainly did. Then there is the anti-Dan contingent that will shit on everything he does.

Remember "fuckin' Dan ruins everything with his shitty rules" at the start of Steal my Sunshine? And then it turned out to be amazing and everyone shut up. The cycle continues.

That's not true. It might seem like that to you because it's Dan doing stuff and the others just following him while not doing stuff (well except that dota2 thing).

I'm ready for another 'This is the Run'

PUBG Vinny and Dan duo?

I loved it at the beginning. Now it's just the same over and over again.

I mean, I haven't watched the latest one yet, but yes it's the same in that it's the same map and gameplay loop, but the stories which happen during that loop is what matters.

Last time we had Brad being gunned down in a vehicle twice, Mad Max style.

On the Waypoint stream, Vinny, Alex, Patrick and Austin went in a convoy in speedboats.

I am addicted to the game as well which helps, sure, but there's still a lot of great content to squeeze out of it.

oti

Banned

What stories?

There are only two scenarios.

A) They loot for 20 minutes to die the next minute.
B) They get "spicy" and die the first five minutes.

Brad getting chased by an enemy group was amazing, but that's 5% of the overall series that is 95% the same/boring.

Antiwhippy

I mean I'm one of the ones who said why the shitty rules but I've also certainly also talked about how I loved the 2nd episode. That's a really dumb generalisation.

What stories?

Brad getting chased by an enemy group was amazing, but that's 5% of the overall series that is 95% the same/boring.

Lots of Hitman was standing in a corner and waiting for a target to appear. It was still some of the best content they've done in 10 years.

Lots of games how downtime, but that's where the banter and conversation comes in. A game doesn't have to be non-stop action to be fun to watch.

I like the build-up.

imBask

Banned
What stories?

see my last post

they really just don't know how to make this game fun, unlike... every other group of streamers that plays this game. I love GB and rarely shit on their content, but this one is really weird

derFeef

Lots of Hitman was standing in a corner and waiting for a target to appear. It was still some of the best content they've done in 10 years.

Lots of games how downtime, but that's where the banter and conversation comes in. A game doesn't have to be non-stop action to be fun to watch.

I like the build-up.

What?

see my last post

they really just don't know how to make this game fun, unlike... every other group of streamers that plays this game. I love GB and rarely shit on their content, but this one is really weird

I've watched probably 100 hours of TSM_Viss since PUBG came out. They're never, ever, ever going to be able to snipe from a mile away and get 20 kills in a game like him.

I like the fact they're unorganised and the plans usually go tits fucking up. It makes their moments of glory so much sweeter.

Vinny being near victory on the last Waypoint stream is a great example, ditto with Alex getting close on one of the previous GB streams. One day they will get that fucking dinner.

Nerokis

Why are people mad about the new Gbeast QL? Is it because it has personality?

...people got mad over this? Vinny reliving the trauma of letting victory slip from his grasp was fantastic.

Also, watching that made me so jealous of the Xbox One's backwards compatibility stuff. Sigh.

oti

Banned
see my last post

At that point I'm out. I don't think GB, which I love, adds anything to this (watching) experience and I get enough of their banter, which I love, with all their other content I dedicate time for. PUBG is basically like Dota for me at this point. Which is OK. But their Monday content could be better (for me).

Antiwhippy

yeah I know... as I said before they are, somehow, the least interesting crew i've seen playing PUBG. They really just don't get the combat at all

Look I'm not saying that PUBG is a bad game lol.

I like it a lot.

But Murder Island outside of charlie murder has gotten super stale.

At that point I'm out. I don't think GB, which I love, adds anything to this (watching) experience and I get enough of their banter, which I love, with all their other content I dedicate time for. PUBG is basically like Dota for me at this point. Which is OK. But their Monday content could be better (for me).

What if their Monday content stayed awesome like it is and they killed the abomination that is UPF on a Friday?

They put a bullet in TNT and Happy Hour when it was time. Now is the time for UPF.

imBask

Banned
I've watched probably 100 hours of TSM_Viss since PUBG came out. They're never, ever, ever going to be able to snipe from a mile away and get 20 kills in a game like him.

I like the fact they're unorganised and the plans usually go tits fucking up. It makes their moments of glory so much sweeter.

Vinny being near victory on the last Waypoint stream is a great example, ditto with Alex getting close on one of the previous GB streams. One day they will get that fucking dinner.

If you watch the NLSS crew or Doc or Last_grey_wolf or any other group, they always have fucked up plans that go wrong, except they're all infinitely more entertaining than the GB crew is at this game

The duders are not crazy enough and spend too much time TRYING when they actually can't compete

oti

Banned
What if their Monday content stayed awesome like it is and they killed the abomination that is UPF on a Friday?

They put a bullet in TNT and Happy Hour when it was time. Now is the time for UPF.

UPF is as great as they put effort into it. Sometimes it's really great, sometimes it's not.

PUBG just isn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom