• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 05/26/15

Suplexer

Dan
CF-qYgKUIAA1hBG.jpg:large

That was my favorite scene from Mad Max.

Maybe because he loves the game and doesn't like to hear someone trash something he loves?
But he didn't make it. Better to hear criticism than to hear only positives.

Not related to him, but people overall on videogame forums need to chill out when hearing criticism for things they like. Review threads where people haven't even played the game but because they're so high on the hype that they can't take criticism is embarassing. No one's stealing your love of a thing.
Time stamp for Witcher talk please?
(32:02-51:24) Dan and Brad love it, giving high praise to the world, characters, and quests such as sidequests having better story than whole games. They both declare it a GOTY contender.

Downloading now and is there any spoilers in regards to the witcher 3 ?

edit: nvm I'll just skip the section where they talk about the witcher 3 since I haven't started playing it yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But he didn't make it. Better to hear criticism than to hear only positives.

Not related to him, but people overall on videogame forums need to chill out when hearing criticism for things they like. Review threads where people haven't even played the game but because they're so high on the hype that they can't take criticism is embarassing. No one's stealing your love of a thing.

Some people just don't want to hear someone shitting on something they enjoy, I don't think that is that far fetched. Your "he didn't make it so he can't be upset" argument is completely baffling in my opinion.

There's criticism and there's shitting on btw. They are not the same.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Some people just don't want to hear someone shitting on something they enjoy, I don't think that is that far fetched. Your "he didn't make it so he can't be upset" argument is completely baffling in my opinion.

There's criticism and there's shitting on btw. They are not the same.

They have never shat on the witcher 3 though, so that doesn't apply at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They have never shat on the witcher 3 though, so that doesn't apply at all.

Well I'm just talking about the user that thought they would (or Jeff at least) hence he didn't want to listen to it.

The Mad Max game sounds absolutely dreadful. Assassin's Creed and its focused-grouped-to-hell game design is killing this industry. The madness must end; these games need to stop succeeding.

No more towers. No more open world drivel. It's time to move forward onto something new.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We need a Jason = X/Checkmark thing.

Comparing a game to Assassin's Creed is the most damning thing you can do nowadays.

Pretty dreary episode, though that's to be expected when it's split between negative attention looking forward (Mad Max) and negative looking present (House of Wolves). EVE & Crono Cross stuff was interesting, though covered before.

Dan trapping a childhood bully in a Nam-style tiger trap is a year-end highlight, though.

convo

The Mad Max game sounds absolutely dreadful. Assassin's Creed and its focused-grouped-to-hell game design is killing this industry. The madness must end; these games need to stop succeeding.

No more towers. No more open world drivel. It's time to move forward onto something new.

Everything needs to collapse first before we can move on, with something new, the industry isn't quite feeling the heat to go away from these tired old things.

ArjanN

Jeff seemed a bit naive about the pre-E3 stuff. If you show something to a decent size group of people it's pretty much guaranteed to leak now, no matter much NDAs you make them sign.

mcrommert

Banned
If they complain about destiny again they seriously need to tell us when the talk ends...seriously sick of hearing about how they don't like the game

People who actually play the game are very happy about the changes they have made

Brad "Even the most hardcore destiny players I know quit playing back in February"

Then they aren't very hardcore

Top Bottom