• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 08/11/2015

It seems Dan does not know that about "R2 to Run" in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

It is a very slow ramp up, and it will still only really make you go about 1.5x quicker, but it is there!

pizzacat

Banned
It seems Dan does not know that about "R2 to Run" in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

It is a very slow ramp up, and it will still only really make you go about 1.5x quicker, but it is there!
Not knowing extends the game by like 3 hours tho. It's the experience keyser

Myggen

They find that out a minute or so into the QL, dunno if this was recorded before or after that.

yami4ct

Dan has officially gone TOO FAR. Oatmeal Raisin better than Chocolate Chip? Oatmeal Raisin is the worst cookie of all time. Not only do raisins just not work in a cookie, but the texture is terrible. Then comes the fact it's the damn impostor cookie. You think you're getting a delicious chocolate chip and instead get the horror of oatmeal cookies.

Dan not loving chocolate chip makes me think he's just never had a good homemade one. A fresh, warm chocolate chip cookie is perhaps the greatest confection of all time.

As for butter versus substitutes, in baked goods, there's a difference. It's slight, but butter's better. Substitutes are acceptable, though. As a condiment? Nothing beats real butter.

Dan has officially gone TOO FAR. Oatmeal Raisin better than Chocolate Chip? Oatmeal Raisin is the worst cookie of all time. Not only do raisins just not work in a cookie, but the texture is terrible. Then comes the fact it's the damn impostor cookie. You think you're getting a delicious chocolate chip and instead get the horror of oatmeal cookies.

Dan not loving chocolate chip makes me think he's just never had a good homemade one. A fresh, warm chocolate chip cookie is perhaps the greatest confection of all time.

As for butter versus substitutes, in baked goods, there's a difference. It's slight, but butter's better. Substitutes are acceptable, though. As a condiment? Nothing beats real butter.

The entire GB crew agreed that oatmeal raising cookies are good, tho. Maybe this is a you problem...

yami4ct

I can confirm macadamia cookies from there are insane

Mass Market cookies can be good in their own way, but nothing can compare to a fresh cookie you just baked yourself.

I've got nothing against a good macadamia nut cookie. Those are top tier, particularly if they have white chocolate chips. The simplicity of home made chocolate chip is perfection, though.

magnetic

The Bomb/Beastcast-Combo is so incredibly great.

I also think the teams are well split, there's a great chemistry between each team and the different tone between the two casts never makes one of the two feel redundant.

yami4ct

That requires you to care enough to bake your own cookies. Mass market is more than good enough to me.

What is there in life to care about more than dessert? Baking is one of my all time favorite activities. The fun of making something yourself, the same fascination that comes with chemistry and then you get to eat something delicious.

Myggen

What is there in life to care about more than dessert? Baking is one of my all time favorite activities. The fun of making something yourself, the same fascination that comes with chemistry and then you get to eat something delicious.

Oh yeah, I totally get that. I know a lot of people who really love baking. My boyfriend does, but I just don't have the patience or the love for it. One day, maybe.

BanGy.nz

Banned
qoRhJrP.png
#TeamMouth.

Brad you should've gone to The International this year.

More Dan food talk... :/

Although I will say that Jeff's marrying a vegan seems weirdly perfect and I'll never stop loving it.

LiK

Dan doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? Someone needs to send him some good soft moist chewy chocolate chip cookies. delicious.

Robaperas

Food talk is always surprising, I don't know half of the things they talk about, but they sound either delicious or terrifying... nothing in between.

Ahh, Star Trek: The Next Generation! What an excellent television show! Just the cast of characters alone established it as one of the best television shows of all time. You have Picard, Data, Riker, Worf, Troi, LaForge, etc and no matter what you think of them they all stand out in a crowd. In an age of shows filled with dark and brooding characters, I feel the endless optimism and utopia of Star Trek stands out even more!

Top Bottom