• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst |OT| "We stand defiant"

eizarus

Banned
This game wasn't on my radar initially but this OT sure did help pique my interest.

My understanding is that the PS4 version is 1080p/30fps right? I'd rather play it at 60fps but I'm not sure if my laptop can handle it at 1080/60. I'm definitely above the recommended specs but I'd like to do it with the visuals looking decent. So (and I hate asking this) can I run at with good visuals at 1080/60 with a i7-4700HQ (2.4Ghz), 8GB RAM and an 860M (4GB) GPU (which I understand is the equivalent of a 660)?

ar4757

Very very excited, my copy is on its way.

So far, for EU physical copies at least, it seems like the included voucher for GE:R will give you the game for both Vita and PS4. The digital pre-order on PSN does as well.

No idea about NA

Really? Not sure if I'll get it for ps4 or vita but if ps4 has a voucher for GE:R in NA I'd probably buy that

Anyone know?

Ephidel

Really? Not sure if I'll get it for ps4 or vita but if ps4 has a voucher for GE:R in NA I'd probably buy that

Anyone know?
The boxart suggests it does.
81Hx5V28PeL.jpg
I kind of doubt the US Resurrection code will be for both formats though -- as YianGaruga mentioned, the EU one matches a similar offer mentioned on the EU PSN, but the US PSN doesn't seem to list anything similar, so you'd probably just get the PS4 version of it.

I really, really hope I like English Gil and Haru as much as I do the originals.

Is it wrong that I'm kind of hoping the import functionality will still be present and that it might fuck up enough to let me import my Japanese GE2 save? Then again, lord knows what kind of voice I'd end up with. I could see myself regretting it rather fast and that would probably be the kind of thing that could drive me to a clean start anyhow.

My EU Vita copy was sent out last week but hasn't arrived yet. Hoping it will arrive soon, but then again I might buy a digital version anyway as I know it's a game I'll go back to often. I'm undecided. I probably won't manage to clear GER before it arrives though, and I feel I should probably do that before starting GE2RB just because I know otherwise I'll screw myself up going back and forth between GE2's Blood Arts and GER's Predator styles :x

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am looking forward to potentially playing this soon. I suppose I should note that I am supposed to interview Bandai Namco about this game in a few days as well. I suppose if there are people with questions about this I could potentially pass them along.

Manatox

Been wondering if i should pick this up, but i'm wondering how much of a bullet sponges the bigger enemies are compared to the other monster hunter genres. I tend to play in short bursts so i don't really like it when the same monsters take ages to kill (once in a while is ok, but usually such monsters appear in packs in late game in the other games and this get boring trying to kill just 3-4 very high hp mobs and nothing else.)

UCBooties

Two Questions:

1. Is there any way to import a GE:R save to GE2 and is there any bonus for doing so?

2. How is the Vita performance/graphics for GE2? I've been playing GE:R on my Vita and I love it so much. I have GE2 pre-ordered for PS4 because I want the physical edition and to play it on my big tv, but I'm seriously considering cancelling the order at the last minute and getting the digital Vita version instead so I can keep playing it on the go. Especially since I'm about to take a week long vacation.

I don't know what to do!

sensui-tomo

Two Questions:

1. Is there any way to import a GE:R save to GE2 and is there any bonus for doing so?

2. How is the Vita performance/graphics for GE2? I've been playing GE:R on my Vita and I love it so much. I have GE2 pre-ordered for PS4 because I want the physical edition and to play it on my big tv, but I'm seriously considering cancelling the order at the last minute and getting the digital Vita version instead so I can keep playing it on the go. Especially since I'm about to take a week long vacation.

I don't know what to do!

no save imports (GE R was made after GE2:RB) and the vita/ps4 run the same aka 30 fps and resolution being the odd ball, so get your preference, pc is 60 fps, ps versions made to be similar to each other.

Hoping the Vita version doesn't take too long to appear on the PSN store. Don't really want to wait that long to download it and play.

One thing I do plan on examining when I get my hands on it is if the CAC voices for GE2:RB are the same as in GE:R. If so, I can just copy paste the list I made for Resurrection here for people who want to know who are the voices. Otherwise I plan to make a new one.

UCBooties

Ok, I just cancelled my PS4 pre-order. I think that the Vita version is just going to be the best option for me. I will see if I can grab the PS4 version on sale closer to the holiday season. Usually Day One editions aren't too hard to find in my area.

Stuart444

Got this today (well technically Saturday but I was asleep when it came so I had to wait til today to go and get it from the local post office)

Won't be able to play it for a bit but looking forward to it anyway. Same with Resurrection :D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What's the single player like, if you're a dork with no friends?

You have AI to cover your dork ass. So dont sweat it.

AI for the most part is fairly competent also so its not like you will have to really baby them. Just so you know ahead of time if you pick Kanon expect to get shot by her on occasion as its part of her personality trait.

What is multi-player like with lobbies? Can others join even if others are on a mission/quest?

Any in-game voice/text chat?

Can I play the missions with my friends at the same level even if I haven't progressed as far in mission completion? Didn't like how Toukiden was handled, and wondering if it's similar.

sensui-tomo

What is multi-player like with lobbies? Can others join even if others are on a mission/quest?

Any in-game voice/text chat?

Can I play the missions with my friends at the same level even if I haven't progressed as far in mission completion? Didn't like how Toukiden was handled, and wondering if it's similar.
you have to join in a lobby like in the other mon hun games ala you cant join an ongoing mission, have to join before the mission starts. I'm not sure about the mission issue, I believe that the highest progressed player can have anyone join, but it doesnt count as progressed for lower players until its unlocked for them to do it (like if you have mission 1-5 unlocked and you do 6 with a buddy , its not completed on your end, but if you had mission 6 unlocked its completed on your end. I believe)

oh and on text chat, i believe thats a thing , voice otoh i'm not sure.

Tizoc

This game wasn't on my radar initially but this OT sure did help pique my interest.

My understanding is that the PS4 version is 1080p/30fps right? I'd rather play it at 60fps but I'm not sure if my laptop can handle it at 1080/60. I'm definitely above the recommended specs but I'd like to do it with the visuals looking decent. So (and I hate asking this) can I run at with good visuals at 1080/60 with a i7-4700HQ (2.4Ghz), 8GB RAM and an 860M (4GB) GPU (which I understand is the equivalent of a 660)?
That sounds doable imo
U can refund games on steam if ur play time is under 2 hours but thatd require dling 11ish gb if ur up to it :x

alpha69

So quick question.... Does MC gender have any significant effect in the story this time? Went with MC with Resurrection so I'm interested how it would be like playing as a girl story-wise with GE2.

oh jeez i forgot i preordered this back in like june I felt kinda turned off by resurrection after playing it for a bit, I hope the improvements of this game are better at pulling me in

Vuze

Hyped for this. I feel like Capcom is really missing out on some sweet sales by not porting their MH stuff (esp. considering all their MT Framework stuff is on PC first anyway and then gets ported ), the game is currently ranking 3rd on Steams global top seller list on the heels of CSGO and Deus Ex MD.

E: Also PC version has support for arbitrary resolutions as I just found out. 50€, 2 games with supposedly great ports. That's how it's done KT.

Still torn which platform to grab this on. Not travelling with work much at the moment so probably no point getting it on Vita, so guess it's PS4 vs. PC.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hyped for this. I feel like Capcom is really missing out on some sweet sales by not porting their MH stuff (esp. considering all their MT Framework stuff is on PC first anyway and then gets ported ), the game is currently ranking 3rd on Steams global top seller list on the heels of CSGO and Deus Ex MD.

The amount of stuff Capcom is missing out on with PC would take days to list. =/

renzollo

Banned
After having put a few hours into the original Gods Eater (import) on PSP years ago, I picked up this package on PS4 and played a few hours of Resurrection. How similiar is Rage Burst to Resurrection? I saw some discussion indicating that Resurrection had been retuned mechanically to be very close to Rage Burst, meaning that Rage Burst wouldn't feel like it has any major improvements in that area? I like Resurrection, but it still feels "old" in some ways that I was hopeful Rage Burst would improve on.

Parakeetman

So no loot based co-op action with huge bosses?!

Yes no loot drops. Large monster types will be common place though.

For the most part your targets will be large type of enemies that will require you to pray to the RNG gods that you get the resources you want for crafting your next weapon or upgrading your current one.

This follows the more traditional hunting genre based off of monster hunter which is basically go on missions that past the early stuff is kill the large monster in the set map, harvest resources from the body then rinse and repeat for resources.

You also find other resources from little sparkles littered around the map which you can run and pick up.

But once again yeah this isnt a loot based game like the PSO series.

Though for co-op you might have fun with it as with most co-op games its amusing with friends. For single player there is a set story and AI characters to assist you with missions so its not as if you will be totally screwed to playing alone with the SP experience.

About the maps its not like PSO where its adventuring a stage, you will be thrown into a single area and thats about it. A lot of the games content was based off of PSP hardware specs which is why things may look a bit simplistic map wise till you reach the actual Rage Burst content. So that is another thing you might want to keep in mind. This also applies to other users here interested in the title.

renzollo

Banned
For single player there is a set story and AI characters to assist you with missions so its not as if you will be totally screwed to playing alone with the SP experience.

In my experience with the series the AI characters are pretty damn burly and self-sufficient also, to the point that it can feel like it's trivializing the difficulty sometimes. Maybe that's only the early part of the games that I've played?

Parakeetman

In my experience with the series the AI characters are pretty damn burly and self-sufficient also, to the point that it can feel like it's trivializing the difficulty sometimes. Maybe that's only the early part of the games that I've played?

When you get into the game later on, you will have to pull your weight or wind up dying basically. Early on the AI will be fairly well off but you will need to do most of the damage later on.

They are there to support you and as with anything that offers choices in the game if you feel something is too easy dont bring them with you when you do free runs that allow you to choose your team for said mission.

As you progress basically they become distractions that help divide the attention given. Otherwise you will have to deal with multiple aragami all gunning for you if you decide to solo it. But if thats your thing then by all means.

Since this game doesnt really have "armor" to help mitigate damage like Monster Hunter for example, as the enemy damage increases so will the general danger to you and your AI allies when getting hit by attacks.

Uthred

Looking forward to this, played the PSP version a bit back in the day but not enough to get very far. Watched the anime series last night to get me hyped, pretty solid and nice looking action series (and thats about it). Does the PC version have a pre-load?

MikeSan

Quick question, do I need to do GE:R first to understand the story of the second one or can I directly start by GE2 ?

Not Drake

My Vita physical copy is already on it's way. I'm really excited to try it out as I loved the original on my PSP. It's also really great to see GE2 finally localized. Let's go.

sensui-tomo

Right just to add to the steam list (if we got one) i'm getting this on pc (due to finding it for $42 USD)
steam name is sensuitomo
already have it preloaded too so i'll be ready to play with whomever on either game ( i dont personally care for which i play since i played some of GE:R on ps4 and stopped due to work related stuff)

Parakeetman

Quick question, do I need to do GE:R first to understand the story of the second one or can I directly start by GE2 ?

You wont know a lot of the backstory or why things are the way they are. Plus characters from the first game return.

But that is really only if you are one of those lore fiends who needs to know everything about a games world over just playing and enjoying yourself.

If you do not care about the setting and finer details about the story / characters then you will be fine.

The downside to playing the first game now and going through it is burning yourself out to play this.

The Main Character is different, so it is not as if you would be starting this game under the assumption that you are the MC from the first game.

The Steam bundle isn't a pre order thing, right? It'll always be the two games sold together, yeah?
It shouldn't be. But they will sell Resurrection separately for $20. Unsure if they will sell Rage Burst by itself though.

Edit: I may be wrong about that though. The press release blurb for your own interpretation:

"GOD EATER RESURRECTION is rated “T” for TEEN by the ESRB and is priced at a MSRP of $19.99. It is available now for purchase exclusively on the PlayStation Store for the PlayStation 4 system and PlayStation Vita handheld system. The game will also be available on PC via STEAM on August 30, 2016."

Blitzhex

Is this game more like monster hunter with methodical gameplay, learning monster move sets and telegraphs etc or more like jrpg hack n slash? I prefer more of the former. Watched a couple of videos and reviews of the japanese version and it doesn't look too convincing.

Top Bottom