• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK launches on November 9

clarky

Gold Member
Good news, for sure thought it was getting delayed.

On a side note, can't believe they are selling empty boxes, whats all that about? lol

So now it can be officially delayed.

But still releasing a god of war in november is odd. I guess they are in the "big multiplat publisher needs big game for end of year" wagon.

Last edited:

SSfox

It's just a trailer bro.

The important thing in it is the message, not how is presented.

If it's gameplay you want I guess they'll show some sooner rather than later.
IDK man, we haven't heard anything about the game in a while a then they came with CGI thing, and we know the game is completed so they could have made a solid real trailer.

Usually you do cgi teaser either when you just announce a game or when it's very very close to release date and that you've already showed enough gameplay.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I hope we find some information about this game, I want to know how the world is layed out, I hope theres less whindy corridors and its more simple to navigate. I hope theres a hub and then 7 portals to the different realms, the hub can just be simple and small, also if the menu and upgrade systems have been improved.

saintjules

IDK man, we haven't heard anything about the game in a while a then they came with CGI thing, and we know the game is completed so they could have made a solid real trailer.

Usually you do cgi teaser either when you just announce a game or when it's very very close to release date and that you've already showed enough gameplay.

Haha, you'll get the gameplay eventually. Better they hold off closer to release. This way people don't have to nitpick the hell out of what they don't like about the game.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
. . .because it's for a commercial? Which plays a lot better when advertising in "non-gaming" environments.

Honestly though people really? We've already seen the game and with this commercial will be seeing a lot more of it soon.

No, real time scenes running on the console generates more hype. They clearly want to save gameplay walkthrough for showcase but it's frustrating all the same.

SSfox

Haha, you'll get the gameplay eventually. Better they hold off closer to release. This way people don't have to nitpick the hell out of what they don't like about the game.
Also the fact that we already knew about the release date because of leakers make this announcement kinda meh. So basically we just got a CGI trailer (it looks nice, but again it's just cgi), and a release date we already knew about.

Leaks really sucks when you think about it, specially in some cases, like this one.

Flabagast

Like forbidden west was dlc to zero down right?
It was not much of an evolution indeed (besides cutscenes I guess), that I agree with you. If GoW Ragnarok shows such a similar minimal leap it will be very disappointing.

The only system I own is a PS5, but it’s not a reason for me to give a pass to all current low efforts coming from Sony. Their 2021 output was paradoxically much more bold, ambitious and « next gen » that their 1.5 sequels and useless remasters from 2022. A very lame year from them in my opinion.

Helghan

Great news! I actually suspected it was going to be delayed, but luckily I was wrong. GoW saves end of the year gaming

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Why is it frustrating? What did you expect to see in a 30 second commercial that you didn't see in the gameplay reveal?

An update of sorts on what the game will look like on console hardware..... Is the idea of a game evolving from a nearly year old trailer a foreign concept?

SSfox

I'm a GOW and SSM fan, but this announcement is just MEH city. Sorry if i'm hurting some people's feeling, but that's my opinion.

That being said, and when you think about it, this announcement would have been super huge if there was no leak.

Last edited:

icerock

QMFbSy6.png

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I thought this was coming out September the 11th...

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
It's a real shame that white extremists biker fucks have taken Viking iconography and turned it into a icon for hate.

If you're curious it's Son's of Odin.

Just a heads up to anyone that is wearing this God Of War merch and getting funny looks.
That’s literally never gonna happen

Top Bottom