• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK launches on November 9

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Probably working on a State of Play for this.

I actually think they're working on a full blown PS Studios showcase.

Oh, so some people haven't realised Sony release different trailers for their games, and have used short CGI trailers for years.

Here's a similar trailer for God of War 2018

Yes but it's typically done at the tail end of the marketing campaign; check similar trailers for HFW, Spiderman MM, and TLOU2. That's what makes this drop weird in particular.

Congratz to Team 2022. Let's see those avatars of shame.

Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping , you are NOT Choosing my avatar. Now go get me some Doritos and Dew so I can drown my sorrows for the old Fallout 3 avatar.:pie_roffles::pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

But my queen. I've been waiting 2 months for this. All my emotional pain was for this day

WcUngcI.gif

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Why can't they ever just have a Steelbook edition for a little more than standard? Hoping Bestbuy might have something.

Either way. Very nice to have a date finally.

MiguelItUp

I'm stoked about having another game to look forward to this holiday! Those editions look REALLY solid. But I don't know if I'll attempt to bite.

jaysius

Banned
That’s literally never gonna happen
I know some people that wear Viking rune Iconography and they've gotten nods from greasy pieces of shit with questionable hate tattoos along with Viking rune ones.

So yea, you know everything.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Very unusual for Sony to release a big title in November*, I can only assume they have a lot of product for 2023.

*When its not coinciding with a hardware launch at least.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I know some people that wear Viking rune Iconography and they've gotten nods from greasy pieces of shit with questionable hate tattoos along with Viking rune ones.

So yea, you know everything.
Let me guess you live near the city where the MC is based out of

jaysius

Banned
Let me guess you live near the city where the MC is based out of
Not even CLOSE. This shit is EVERYWHERE. Small rural town, with very few bikers. It's just become a well known dog whistle for scum unfortunately.

Viking Iconography and the merch in these bundles look good, I was just giving socially inept people a heads up about what it means, and this isn't a crazy leftist over reaction, this is a real movement that is happening. So before you get a viking rune tattoo because you like God of War just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Are Sony EVER going to show actual gameplay of the 3 exclusives they've got coming this autumn??

They've got TLOU, Forspoken, and GOWR releasing in consecutive months - the first only 7 weeks away! - and we've seen almost nothing from any of them.

It's like they're deliberately torturing me at this point.
August for tlou remake, september for the other 2.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Very unusual for Sony to release a big title in November*, I can only assume they have a lot of product for 2023.

*When its not coinciding with a hardware launch at least.
Don't know if this is related, but Forespoken was just delayed to Jan 2023.

Yeah it's not a Sony studio but it is launching on PS5 and PC.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Last of Us Part 1 in September. Then this and Modern Warfare 2 in the same week, and then a month later Callisto Protocol. Finally i know when I’ll be playing my ps5 next. Let’s eat.

ABnormal

While i do think elden ring got goty locked this year. Look at what happened in 2018 when gow beat rdr2 a exclusive vs multiplatform, rdr2 was huge.
That's true, but at that time, GOW was a total rework of the original and brought many surprises in gameplay and level building. This time it will probably just refine on that structure, especially considering its cross-gen nature, which will prevent SSM to be free to have seamless gameplay transitions and things like that. Long loadings on ps4 forces it to have arenas and compartimented battles (also for bosses), so puts many limits to expand gameplay in new directions.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Not even CLOSE. This shit is EVERYWHERE. Small rural town, with very few bikers. It's just become a well known dog whistle for scum unfortunately.

Viking Iconography and the merch in these bundles look good, I was just giving socially inept people a heads up about what it means, and this isn't a crazy leftist over reaction, this is a real movement that is happening. So before you get a viking rune tattoo because you like God of War just keep that in mind.
keep your fear mongering to reeeera

Heylon

Cross Gen?! That's such fucking bullshit.

I'm glad it has a release date but that pisses me off. How will this be proper next gen when it was also made for a weaker system?!
Yea, a games that was tailored around the limitations of last gen hardware, first and foremost, is definitely not a proper next gen title. I’m sure it’ll be good, but it could’ve been an amazing showcase for what the ps5 is capable of when you build your game from the ground up for it and push it to its limits. If Jim Ryan‘s recent statements are anything to go by, it’ll be a few years before we get to experience a marvel like that.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Ugh why no physical disk for both collectors editions,horizon was the same?
They know the…um…”mindset” of folks that buy collectors editions. They will rush to preorder the collectors edition, buy the regular diction for the game disc, then buy digital versions to play the game.

A friend told me that’s how it works…..(shame intensifies)

Top Bottom