• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarok OFFICIALLY REVEALED !!!!

dorkimoe

Gold Member
I was excited about the Fable announcement until we found out it was an outsourced trailer and the actual game has barely begun development, still even hiring major leads that.

While Ragnarok might not have shown anything, a 2021 release target at least tells us it's got to be well on the way to completion already.

Meanwhile, that will likely be the earliest the Fable team will have decided what exactly the game is going to even be, annoyingly.
Makes sense. I’m excited for both. I’m more of an Xbox guy but god or war was probably my favorite game that year.

Makes sense. I’m excited for both. I’m more of an Xbox guy but god or war was probably my favorite game that year.
The original Fable trilogy were some of my all time favourite games, from a time when I genuinely never thought I'd own another Playstation again.

I genuinely hoped at the XSX showcase that the new Fable would be ushering in a renaissance for team green, and that it would finally be a pay off for all the broken promises, acquisitions, delays, restructuring, disappointments and lack of competent management or clear direction they've walloped in since the Kinect buggered everything.

But no. A CGI trailer for a game that doesn't exist yet, but hey! Gamepass is so cheap it doesn't even matter that Xbox has no games! That's even better than the entire reason consoles exist in the first place!

Fuck I miss Fable and the first 5 years of the 360.

Papacheeks

Banned
If this is really coming out next year it has to be an expansion like spiderman: MM, I would not be surprised at all if this also comes to PS4.

Ratchet comes out next year and is not going to be on PS4?

I guess it depends how they develop it and when they started it. If the are leveraging the SSD to get ride of the crawling animations, then I see it being next gen only.

Kenpachii

was honestly waiting on "soon" but 2021 i must say i am mighty surprised. they did not sit still. Massive kudos towards them.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
If this is really coming out next year it has to be an expansion like spiderman: MM, I would not be surprised at all if this also comes to PS4.
Not that surprising it can be a full game they have the gameplay direction and story they need so not that much pre production needed. Remember when they first revealed god of war 2018 at e3 they still didn’t even have a name for Boy

TaySan

Banned
At least a 2080 Super and up for the next couple years. Maybe even longer if your resolution is lower than 1440p.

The Fartist

Gold Member
7BRj.gif

Announced with zero gameplay or even a cinematic trailer, yet is expected to release within a year?

Yea that's not happening. This will get delayed into 2022+ for sure.

This was my thoughts. I reckon Sony released they trailer to deter any swayers. I really doubt this game is a year away.

Last edited:

llien

Into my veins!!!

I hope they'll have "not as power hungry edition" of PS5 by then.

I might even be done with GoW 2018 (new game+ GoW mode is challenging, lol)

Top Bottom