• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Spoiler Thread

iorek21

That Loki/Atreus reveal reminded me of John Blake/Robin reveal in The Dark Knight Rises for some reason

Kinda nice way to adapt Norse Mythology....

Psykodad

Banned
Everyone's mad Atreus got annoying. Hello, that was the whole point, how is that a negative? Besides didn't they discuss how he didn't even remember it?! So it wasn't even him...or... Maybe that was him being Loki.
I'm not mad that Atreus got annoying, it actually made a lot of sense.

It just annoyed me that Kratos let him carry on for so long.
Kratos has a lot of restraint. The God of War himself has more patience than I have. lol
I did like that though, it showed Kratos' growth as a responsible father.

nowhat

I came across this channel in Youtube - quite interesting stuff. Concerns characters in the game and how (if at all) they relate to their mythical counterparts.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgZdqfi4SZ0rfXaUUaJXmmztvUZg3LQ0w

So far there are videos for Kratos (mostly of the events leading to the current game), Stranger, Brokk & Sindri and Atreus' Mother. The last one was far the most interesting one in my opinion, but also quite speculative as so little is revealed in the game.

Cleared_Hot

When I saw the mistletoe arrows, I was having a hard time remembering. I know Freya blessed someone with their only weakness being Mistletoe (as the god never asked the mistletoe for protection, if I remember correctly) and Loki tricked and killed that god. I couldn't remember if that was Baldur until it happened. When it did, I was thinking that Sindrig was actually Loki in disguise and the reason why the brothers didn't get along was because Loki was "playing" the parts of both, so they never appeared in the same area.

I loved the game as a whole, but the only thing that annoyed me was the lack of actual Norse gods. Sure, we get some such as Freya, Magni, Modi, and a short appearance by Thor - but I was hoping to visit Asgard at some point. The game was so good that I didn't even realize I had played it for 30 hours and had 90% completion. The last two games that did that for me were Persona 5 and Witcher 3.

What confused me was the different Pantheons. We know that you can travel between them as Tyr traveled to the Greek, Shinto, Egyptian, and Mayan realms, but do they exist on the same planet? Are they in different dimensions? Is it only the Norse who can travel between realms? Also what happened to the rest of the gods in the Greek Pantheon? We still had a few minor ones, and even a major player like Artemis who was unaccounted for. Did Athena do clean-up duty? How did Kratos reach the Norse pantheon? Was it just traveling to the country of origin, or did he somehow find a teleportation to reach them? So many questions, but hopefully they will be answered in future games.
I thought it was brilliant to keep the story small because it would be such an extreme stretch for (what already seems like a stretch to begin with) having kratos and his new son go from being a family practically living under a rock in isolation and totally oblivious to the crazy stuff going on in their world and breaking out for a noble caused and getting wound up in these affairs, to go full blown fighting the gods at the top of the totum pole and bringing about Ragnorok. I thought it was brilliant to keep it small, get them intertwined in a really interesting way and forcing them to kill some of the lower level gods first and simply accomplish their mission while giving you all the back stories, laying the groundwork for things to come all the while building Odin and Thor up so we know how savage and rutheless and truly powerful they are. That final scene of the Giants laying amongst the mountains was really powerful. And to think that was the work of Thor and Odin. When he shows up in that dream, you know like holy shit kratos and Atreus are barely prepared for this, I mean the Valkyries we're easily the toughest combat in a Good of War game up until this point. the other games were insane killing Titans and Greek gods but it seems like Thor's hammer is the ultimate weapon and he's basically built up as Kratos equal in terms of pure brutality. Its the perfect start.

Cleared_Hot

I'm not mad that Atreus got annoying, it actually made a lot of sense.

It just annoyed me that Kratos let him carry on for so long.
Kratos has a lot of restraint. The God of War himself has more patience than I have. lol
I did like that though, it showed Kratos' growth as a responsible father.
Exactly! It really had me going like "damn kratos is really struggling to be a good father this is amazing!" That being said, and this is just a gripe against the game designers themselves, it got annoying how he kept saying whatever to literally everything. That's a complaint more inline with the kill animations always being the same for every enemy type. I wonder why they didn't work in more variety there.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Can I ask why Freya didn't just heal Baldur (stab him with the mistletoe) knowing that the spell she cast to protect him was causing him a lifetime of anguish? I read that Baldur's death is the beginning of Ragnarok, and Freya was trying to prevent that according to prophecy, but does the game allude to that being the reason in any way? Did I miss something?

Last edited:

Moneal

Can I ask why Freya didn't just heal Baldur knowing that the spell she cast to protect him was causing him a lifetime of anguish? I read that Baldur's death is the beginning of Ragnarok, and Freya was trying to prevent that according to prophecy, but does the game allude to that being the reason in any way? Did I miss something?

No, it was basically that she was so scared for him dying, guess there was some prophecy of his death but the game didn't go into that at all, that she didn't care as long as he was alive. Ragnarok didn't come up till the dwarfs and the winter talk after Baldur was dead.

MastAndo

No, it was basically that she was so scared for him dying, guess there was some prophecy of his death but the game didn't go into that at all, that she didn't care as long as he was alive. Ragnarok didn't come up till the dwarfs and the winter talk after Baldur was dead.
Yeah, I didn't think so. I don't know much about Norse mythology, but the version I read after finishing the game makes her whole motivation more palatable to me. The in-game explanation of a mother being so scared of her child dying that she would subject him to a life of torment and destroy their relationship just seemed kind of meh to me. Atreus turning into a brat mid-game then back into a good kid just all so suddenly was the other story "grievance" I had.

Other than that, I was captivated the whole time. I have trouble finishing games nowadays/staying interested, but no issues here. Awesome game, all around.

WaterAstro

Dang, the sequence getting the other weapon... so damn epic. Legit shook moment.

Probably one of the most hyped moments in video games.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Did anyone hear that part where Mimir says the Serpent and Thor already fought, but somehow time was reversed to the present day with Kratos?

That messes with my head a little bit, so does that mean Ragnarok already happened?

It's in the notes section in case you heard it, but forgot about it.

Last edited:

Codes 208

"Other weapon." guys. This is the spoiler thread, its ok, this is a safe place and you can say blades of chaos here.

DonF

"Other weapon." guys. This is the spoiler thread, its ok, this is a safe place and you can say blades of chaos here.
Oh BOI...we are talking about the other weapon
jk
Man that ending with Thor got me hyped. I really wanted to fight him. I loved the game but thought that the final boss was meh. I'm playing on give me a challenge and it was the easiest fight. I actually didn't die.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Oh BOI...we are talking about the other weapon
jk
Man that ending with Thor got me hyped. I really wanted to fight him. I loved the game but thought that the final boss was meh. I'm playing on give me a challenge and it was the easiest fight. I actually didn't die.

I felt it was good as, compared to when you fight him at the beginning (or at least for me), I saw how much I grew. I knew his attacks, his tell-tale signs, and was able to defend myself without getting hit (on the second hardest difficulty). I got destroyed a few times when I first fought him at the beginning.

Though for challenge, I found that the Valkyries put up a great fight.

Finally beat the story yesterday even though I managed to get the game early. As you can probably guess, I got REALLY caught up in the sidequest stuff lol
But I managed to do everything I wanted to (not going for the collectathons because fuck that) and I'm content. Killing the Valkyries WELL before I was supposed to (no Valkyrie damage mitigation, no epic gear, etc.) was really satisfying.

That said, I still think God of War 2 is the best of the series. The highs in that game are unmatched.

Last edited:

Dubloon7

Banned
i watched the ending on youtube so eff off all of you dips from previous threads.

i don't understand the "secret" ending. the dream loki has states it is YEARS in the future, yet he and kratos did not age. My issue is, how is this in the future? Who constitutes that? why is this not just a dream/nightmare? I think that "Years later..." is a red herring and this Loki dream is a nothingburger.

NovumAngel

Banned
Did anyone hear that part where Mimir says the Serpent and Thor already fought, but somehow time was reversed to the present day with Kratos?

That messes with my head a little bit, so does that mean Ragnarok already happened?

It's in the notes section in case you heard it, but forgot about it.
He said that the Serpent was knocked back in time during a fight with Thor during Ragnarok, so time hasn't been reversed per se.

The Serpent also mentioned that is how he seemed to recognise Atreus, through meeting him as Loki during that time.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
i watched the ending on youtube so eff off all of you dips from previous threads.

i don't understand the "secret" ending. the dream loki has states it is YEARS in the future, yet he and kratos did not age. My issue is, how is this in the future? Who constitutes that? why is this not just a dream/nightmare? I think that "Years later..." is a red herring and this Loki dream is a nothingburger.

Not sure about you, but neither I nor my brothers aged much between the ages of 10-14. Around 15 we all reached growth spurts.

Kratos is also a god. I don't expect him to age on the same time-scale as humans. We don't fully know the time frame between God of War 3 and God of War 4. Could be 10 years, could be 100 years, could be more (unless I missed something).

I was actually really hype to fight Thor. I wonder how they are going to explain the whole Loki being the serpents dad thing. Also i don’t think the “prophecy” came true since technically Kratos killed Baldur. Wonder how the whole Loki x Thor thing will play out.

Finally beat the story yesterday even though I managed to get the game early. As you can probably guess, I got REALLY caught up in the sidequest stuff lol
But I managed to do everything I wanted to (not going for the collectathons because fuck that) and I'm content. Killing the Valkyries WELL before I was supposed to (no Valkyrie damage mitigation, no epic gear, etc.) was really satisfying.

That said, I still think God of War 2 is the best of the series. The highs in that game are unmatched.
Same.

Dante83

Banned
I would like to see more of what happened between GOW3 and this game. It is obvious that there will be a sequel. I would love it for another entry in the series showing the events instead of immediately following up right after what happened at the end of GOW 2018.

The Shepard

Just completed the game, loved all of it from start to finish. That loki I thing I didn't see coming, was speaking to my girlfriend about how he's missing from the game when all along he's standing right next to me 😳 Can't wait for part 2 or some dlc, anyone know if any is coming?

Also anyone now Intrested in norse mythology after playing the game should definitely watch the vikings tv series, its excellent, even the Mrs loves it.

INC

Wow, feel let down, no real end boss

No thor fight
no odin fight
No fight against faye as revenge

Disappointed tbh, game felt like it built up and up and up, and just fizzled out with the only conclusion being kratos told decent a story to his son

Game was 9/10, right up until the short changed on all not having all the best fights they hinted at.......(see above), gone down to a 7/10 now, or am I missing something? Feels like an unfinished game for me

Moneal

No thor fight
no odin fight

Disappointed tbh, game felt like it built up and up and up, and just fizzled out with the only conclusion being kratos told decent a story to his son

Game was 9/10, right up until the short changed on all not having all the best fights they hinted at.......(see above), gone down to a 7/10 now, or am I missing something? Feels like an unfinished game for me

The fact this was the first in the norse series. now if we don't ever see those fights sure I'll feel disappointed. But to expect that in the first game is a bit much.

INC

The fact this was the first in the norse series. now if we don't ever see those fights sure I'll feel disappointed. But to expect that in the first game is a bit much.

Why? All they went on about the whole game? And the last hour in the temple flipping section was weak, no end boss or anything........just flip it and walk up some stairs............throw some ashes and ya done.......weak as fuck, not really an ending with out an end boss in a GoW game

Meh very unsatisfying way to end the game without a decent fight at the end, basically a walking simulator in the final moments

NovumAngel

Banned
Why? All they went on about the whole game? And the last hour in the temple flipping section was weak, no end boss or anything........just flip it and walk up some stairs............throw some ashes and ya done.......weak as fuck, not really an ending with out an end boss in a GoW game

Meh very unsatisfying way to end the game without a decent fight at the end, basically a walking simulator in the final moments
Given that's it's a soft reboot of the series I wouldn't have expected it to end the same as the others, in this case Baldur was the final boss.

Thematically I felt the ending was actually pretty strong, the whole goal of the journey was to deliver the mother's ashes and give her peace so having a huge scale boss fight wouldn't have made much sense.

There is a lot of foreboding at the end, the paintings on the walk in Jotunheim, the warnings of Ragnarok, the "dream" of Thor coming to attack them, the apparent extinction of the giants, etc.
It's making me look forward to what the next games will hold, including some larger scale fights that you're looking for since the potential is there (Thor, Odin, Freya, Loki, etc.)

Vawn

Banned

No thor fight
no odin fight

This is the first game. Odin is the new Zeus. I never expected to see him nor Thor. Yet...

10/10 for me. Best God of War by a long shot.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The build up to Odin is pretty big if you ask me. I'd love to know if Santa Monica Studios has Odin artwork or what Thor actually looks like. You don't see much of his face and his hammer isn't even drawn. Plus, doesn't it feel like Odin is following you? With the ravens and so forth.

Didn't anyone feel like we'd see Thor somewhere and then fight him at some point thereafter?

Thor's short presence and the lighting he can produce made him feel like more of a threat. You already get to witness two statues of him crumble. But you don't think about how powerful he really is until your entire house is engulfed by lightning.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
This is the first game. Odin is the new Zeus. I never expected to see him nor Thor. Yet...

10/10 for me. Best God of War by a long shot.

So I guess Kratos is going to kill yet another pantheon of gods, only this time he’ll act like he feels kinda bad about it.

Vawn

Banned
So I guess Kratos is going to kill yet another pantheon of gods, only this time he’ll act like he feels kinda bad about it.

Well the way the game portrays Odin and Thor, he probably shouldn't feel bad about it. Not really any grey area with those two.

Last edited:

dragos495

love the salt in the OT topic about people expecting thor to show up and he didnt... at least not yet, in their game.

Moneal

Funnily enough Tyr was associated with Mars, as in a god of war. what if Kratos is actually Tyr, similarly to how mimir says the serpent is from the future.

Vtecomega

Banned

No thor fight
no odin fight

Nope, I feel exactly the same. This is coming from the biggest god of war fan, I even have 2 kratos tattoos ffs.

After the initial honey moon period has passed and replaying the game a second time, its evident this game got caught up with the media hype. All these 10/10 scores are justified for the first 3 hours of the game, then once you reach the middle point, the game just takes a nose dive in pacing and the flaws start becoming a lot more apparent.

Enemy variety is dreadful, fighting lava undead monsters is not satisfying, it doesn't help the fact that there is only 1 finishing move with each enemy and it gets repetitive real quick. The game needed more enemies that actually bleed and having blood spray as a visual feedback would of been a lot more satisfying.

the trolls are a joke and all have the exact same attack animations, and we literally fight them like 10 times throughout the game. Once I reached Hell I was shockingly dissapointed that we had to fight another reskined troll with the only difference being he can teleport and throw some orbs at you. It was extremely lazy design.

the side quests are all boring and feel completely pointless. The world feels dead and rather uninspired. Some npcs roaming around would of added a lot. Instead we get spirits that asks us to kill some mobs or fetch some bones with the only reward are some gem stones.

The lack of spectacle and boss fights is really disappointing and the game constantly hints at a grander story actually taking place but we actually never take place in it, we only hear about it. No encounters with Thor, odin, etc etc.

The game felt too grounded for its own good. It starts off with an epic battle with Bulder, then I was blown away by the cinematography and scale of the giant turtle at Freyas house, the game elevated to a new level once you see the first orge encounter and not to mention the awesome dragon battle. The pacing,urgency and relentlessness for the first couple of hours is truly excellent. The sights and feeling of seeings these fantastical characters and views gave you the feeling of mystique and buoyancy that was like watching a Peter Jackson movie. But unfortunately the game never really hits those highs again and just starts feeling like a drag.

The constant climbing and puzzles really drag the game down, enemy variety just sucks with the only fun enemies are the trolls and wolverines. The ending boss was fun to watch but I honsetly didn't expect the game to just end 5 minutes after that, and I also had no real incentive to go on this journey in the fucking first place, why? we never met his wife, we have no real emotional connection to her. If she had asked Kratos to throw her ashes at the highest point of all Asgard so it would prevent Ragnarok and we knew this at the start of the game then it would give me some incentive to actually do it. Imagine Frodo enduring absolute hell and agony he went through just to throw some ashes off a cliff....you get my point?

The twist and pay off why we had to actually throw the ashes was just underwhelming. The end game is dreadful, the mist and lava area is plagued with awful boring game design and I refused to replay those areas. I waited years for this game, as a god of war fan I felt like I needed to 100% this game so I can give it a honest review. I initally fell in love with it but once I let my feelings process and replay the entire game, I was let down.

Also, the combat actually would feel a lot better if we had more enemy variety that actually bleed. Look at bloodborne, I have finished that game 12 times due to how satisfying it is to see blood spray out of enemies with each swing.

I give god of war 7.5 out of 10.

Last edited:

Darak

The game has so many sequel baits, I wonder about the direction they are going to take. What do you think is going to happen in the sequels?

My own speculations:
- Freya/Frigg will now be a potential enemy or schemer from the shadows (in mythology, she controls half the valkyries, with Odin the other half). I almost expect the next game to have falcons instead of ravens.
- Thor is an obvious evil guy and next game's big bad boss, but this could be subverted. In mythology, he actually does all of the evil things he does in the game, but often by necessity, following Odin's orders, or trying to prevent worse outcomes (such as Ragnarok). His relationship with Loki (who *is* a God killer in mythology) is complex. I really hope they give us an interesting character, pointing to the obvious parallelisms to Kratos.
- Loki's iconic imprisonment by Odin, who forced him to live forever eating a snake's venom to stall Ragnarok, is depicted in the wall panel showing Kratos dying in the game's last area. This could be a plot point for the sequel (Kratos dying has not stopped him before, he is perfectly capable of beating everybody in the world's Hell equivalente and come back for vengeance; death just makes him angry). [Edit: actually, that panel shows the world snake's birth, which is born from Loki somewhat in mythology, the kid's imprisonment coming a bit later]
- Baldur is coming back. The story of his resurrection is a big part of the mythology, as a way to prevent Ragnarok, and involved a big quest involving a lot of travel through the realms and finally confronting the death goddess Hel. This was done by one of Odin's sons in mythology, but this could be a role easily performed by Kratos instead. Alternatively, we may be given the task to prevent it instead.
- I love seeing egyptian and Mayan iconography through the game. Obviously we'll still be in Norse realms for a while, but I wonder where the franchise could go from here. Perhaps mixing mythologies to an extent could happen in the sequel. The Travelers look like they come from elsewhere, for example.

Last edited:

The Shepard

Best part of the game that actually gave me the chills playing it was when you get the blades if choas back and the journey to it. So well done, especially if you've played the old Trilogy.

It's my favourite game of the generation, sorry witcher 3, but this game is way nearer to perfect for me. Every time I see videos about the game I feel nostalgic and want to play it. Throwing the axe never gets old. On route to platinum now.

Valonquar

Go watch Avengers: Infinity War. Great movie, but annoyed by extremely open ended TO BE CONTINUED ending. Come home, load up God of War, Great game I've enjoyed many hours of, beat game...it ends extremely open ended TO BE CONTINUED.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Got the platinum. Queen was a real bitch until I swapped out stuff for +Cooldown gear, then she was cake. I didn't like how grindy they made the 2 optional zones, but even those didn't eat up more than a few extra hours.

I mean I know there were "boss fights" but they were so spaced out and a ton of reused troll and ogre fights that they didn't feel like proper bosses. After GoW III, I've come to expect a battle against every major god in the pantheon in a single game. We got Baldur twice, kinda sorta Freya in background, Modi & Magni mini-fight, and a dragon. By the 10th time you fight the trolls,ogres, and soul eaters and get the same exact murder animation they lost a lot of impact.

I was saddened to see Jormungandr get beat up, and not really see more of him afterward. He's supposed to be around for Ragnarok, so I guess he's just sleeping it off.

CrowsHaven

Neo Member
I made an account JUST to give input on this thread,

Several things that irk me.
It was an amazing game but it had flaws.

The first being the enemies
I was expecting way more
Instead we get Dragur (20 variations at least), elves, and weird spirit things (nightmares) and Those werewolf looking things
thrown in.
The boss battles were painful,
Some were really well done
But when the game started and you met baldur, I expected him dead and then the gods angry at you for killing him, and you'd have to fight each one
Not baldur showing up 3 times and him being the antagonist that got annoying . The first God of war at least had those goofy holographic heads of Zeus and such due to limitations,
Why couldn't this game at least SHOW Odin and Thor and etc
There was no reason they couldn't.
I didn't expect to fight them (well I'd lie if I say I didn't ;D) but I would've at least liked to see the character models. I mean yes we got his stupid sons, but even thought their boss battle was epic, the characters themselves seemed like cheap lesser copies of Thor.

The troll fights were way overused.
When you had to get the BridgeKeeper's heart, I expected a grim reaper looking dude.
But nope! Just another troll.
I even googled the first troll's name because I was like "omg he must be a "boss" so he must be deeply rooted in Norse mythology! But nope. All the trolls were just random. and lazy re-skins.

Alfheim was too long and just didn't feel right, it felt alien and the elves became annoying the moment you met them. I don't think anybody liked alfheim.

Nilfheim served no real purpose if I recall except to make you more miserable. And putting Valhalla and such in the game to begin with but not being accessible is a REAL tease.

I loved the blades of chaos part
But when I heard "go back home" I actually expected him to travel all the way back to Greece via a portal. Now that would've been cool.

But there are still so so so many more questions then answers,
Let's go over a few.
1. why did kratos end up in Norway? And how?
A more logical place would've been the Middle East or Africa. The land of ice is miles and miles away.
I guess we assume he went to live there with his wife?

2. Why does Odin want kratos dead? I have a theory that odin is actually Zeus. Like they are the same person. The "God" of gods.
That would explain why. Simply "the gods don't like outsiders" is really stupid. I want real answers.
There has to be more to it.

3. Who blew the horn? I assumed baldur so he could get the serpent to come forth so he could beat it.
Maybe while kratos and arteus is inside? in a weird time loop.
I actually thought when the serpent was knocked out that kratos and arteus went forward in time .
Because the serpent is a time traveling being per say
I bet in the next game it's going to tell us who. Another game did this, where a past entry had a moment you didn't realize until the next.
I can't remember what game but something did..

4. The dwarves and people. WHY, in 2018 do we have a game with only like 10 actual NPC models?
God of war had many NPCs
With the budget this game had, back to the gods argument, why couldn't they have more NPCs?
It's just freya, arteus, the dwarves and baldur plus magni and modi along with The serpent (if you count him). And those (cannibals?) you met early in the game. Which leads me to #5.

5. Where are all the humans?
It is supposedly set before the time of the Vikings but we saw those cannibals early in the game, there are no towns or villages, maybe the gods are angry because they live in an empty place devoid of people?
Games like darksiders did this, but that was the apocalypse. there is no reason why this game should feel so empty.

6. Who made the valkeryies evil?
They never touched upon this,
Kind of a tease.

Things I loved:
"WE HAVE TO BE BETTER BOY"
Arteus Turning into a little prick made me hate him but then love him again.

The story really stuck with me and I loved it.
The combat was OK, but it got annoying until you got the blades.
I've played and seen all the entries.
I'm used to getting tons of new weapons. Everytime a new chest was found and it was just some money or a health upgrade/ruin I got kind of sad. I expected him to have 3-4 weapons. Not just 2..

All in all, it was an amazing game
But I just have my gripes.
It's definitely deserving of 9/10 or 9.5/10. Or 95/100.
But I just wish they had improved on so many things.
I don't know what Dave jaffe thought of the game, I know he didn't like 3 but I'd love to hear his input.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

No thor fight
no odin fight

Baldur's death is the beginning of Ragnarok. His death is an even bigger deal than if Thor died, and the fight itself was really good.

It might not feel as good if you already fought the valkyries though.

Last edited:

CrowsHaven

Neo Member
Baldur's death is the beginning of Ragnarok. His death is an even bigger deal than if Thor died, and the fight itself was really good.

It might not feel as good if you already fought the valkyries though.

I get that but they still could've let us fight other gods of the Norse pantheon along with him..

Gtafans93

I thought it was brilliant to keep the story small because it would be such an extreme stretch for (what already seems like a stretch to begin with) having kratos and his new son go from being a family practically living under a rock in isolation and totally oblivious to the crazy stuff going on in their world and breaking out for a noble caused and getting wound up in these affairs, to go full blown fighting the gods at the top of the totum pole and bringing about Ragnorok. I thought it was brilliant to keep it small, get them intertwined in a really interesting way and forcing them to kill some of the lower level gods first and simply accomplish their mission while giving you all the back stories, laying the groundwork for things to come all the while building Odin and Thor up so we know how savage and rutheless and truly powerful they are. That final scene of the Giants laying amongst the mountains was really powerful. And to think that was the work of Thor and Odin. When he shows up in that dream, you know like holy shit kratos and Atreus are barely prepared for this, I mean the Valkyries we're easily the toughest combat in a Good of War game up until this point. the other games were insane killing Titans and Greek gods but it seems like Thor's hammer is the ultimate weapon and he's basically built up as Kratos equal in terms of pure brutality. Its the perfect start.

Well in Norse mythology Thor was basically kratos before Kratos. Which gives me hope he'll be an OP fun as hell character in the sequel.

Saiyan-Rox

What's this about Thor at the end? I never got that ending :S but the ending I did get though while moving was a little light. I thought I would be kicking at least Thor's ass at the summit or something.

Top Bottom