• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall updated PS5 engine gameplay (looks to be improved)

bender

What time is it?
Man the enemy design looks so dull, especially compare to this game...

tenor.gif

tryDEATH

This screams generic in every single aspect, especially the graphics which they tried to amp up by over saturating the vibrant colors, which end up being way too much. Probably a decent pick up at a deep discount though still with the lackluster launch line up, it could have been worse.

Elog

Not a fan of the colors. Not sold on the game mechanics they have shown so far.

But...not sure we have seen that amount of geometry, amount of textures and such high-resolution textures outside of the UE5 demo prior to this. Really impressive from a technical point of view. Makes you wonder what else we will see on Wednesday.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
It now looks much better than it has ever looked. Colors are more vibrant, character models are more detailed, and animations are more fluid. Also, the frame rate looks buttery smooth (locked at 60 fps). This blows away anything that the other team has shown so far. However, even though I intend to get a PlayStation 5, I intend to get this for PC.

CSJ

Still the same showcase of bad performance in some scenes, apparently on PS5.
It's "dodge, attack" the trailer. That's pretty shallow, as it's always been.

Shame.

GreyHand23

Man the enemy design looks so dull, especially compare to this game...

This game is at least 3 years out though instead of just two months. I personally don't think Godfall is going to be good, but I'm willing to wait and see because it is the type of game I would enjoy.

Bryank75

Banned
Will look ten times better when playing as opposed to this youtube footage, I expect it will be a pretty fun coop game.
The environments look to be more expansive and interesting than I thought they would.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This game is at least 3 years out though instead of just two months. I personally don't think Godfall is going to be good, but I'm willing to wait and see because it is the type of game I would enjoy.
For me GodFall being "loot game" defiantly makes it "not my type of game" but still enemy designs looks so dull to look at and fight with and this is less to do with "graphics" and "tech" more to do just boring designs and no amount of "tech" is gonna fix that.

INC

Godfall, is xbx second extinction

AA average games, that are fun to have blast over the weekend, fun and forgettable

Thats perfectly fine for both. £60 each you'll get a decent 20 hours out of them, perfect fit for launch titles

Dolomite

I want this game to be good. It was our first taste of next gen.
But damn if this isn't consistently disappointing me

Reactions: MrS

Vaelka

Those animations look really cheap and weak imo, they remind me of those Unity games that amateurs make. They just don't look like they have any impact.

Edit: Also, isn't Motion Blur often used to try and hide poor framerate?
This game have had some really poor performance from what I've seen, just increasing the Motion Blur makes me very cautious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom