• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall updated PS5 engine gameplay (looks to be improved)

LordOfChaos

Can someone explain why they think it looks rushed? Looks fine to me, it's not a AAA blockbuster but it's made by like 70 people.

I thought it looked good before this color and saturation boost, but maybe this is just one stage or something

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: MrS

Iced Arcade

That's a lot of motion blurred rainbows. Actually liked the look of it before when it was all metal and shiny. (Hopefully it's just a stage)

• LOL

JLB

Banned
hah, love the “looks great” on the title OP.
Nah, is still Godfall, and does not look that great.
Not my type of game tbh, but who knows, maybe turn to be great after all.

• LOL
It's native 4k 60 fps, to be fair. It doesn't look too bad considering that.
I don't really care about the technical excuses if a game looks bad--it looks bad.

Nintendo makes games that are pleasing to look at on the first potatoe gpu based console... targeting 4k and 60fps on the PS5 is no excuse.

That being said, I don't think this game looks bad, just not astonishing, maybe the textures and effects are of better quality/resolution than what we currently have on the PS4/one x, but it does not look out of this world (it has a lot of particles in its effects).

yep, looks like your typical 7.5 or 7.0 launch title that tries to sell itself next gen but comes up as an expensive full priced filler that gets mixed reviews. In other words... mediocre.

Kratos called, he wants his shield back. Seriously though, I remain unconvinced. I hope it's good - I'm down for a co-op "looter slasher" if the gameplay is on point.

Hunnybun

I don't really care about the technical excuses if a game looks bad--it looks bad.

Nintendo makes games that are pleasing to look at on the first potatoe gpu based console... targeting 4k and 60fps on the PS5 is no excuse.

That being said, I don't think this game looks bad, just not astonishing, maybe the textures and effects are of better quality/resolution than what we currently have on the PS4/one x, but it does not look out of this world (it has a lot of particles in its effects).

I was just giving the other side of the story.

I've already said elsewhere that I find the overall look of the game hideous. I just watched it in 4k on my big tv and it looks even worse.

I'm baffled by how many people saying this looks like a big improvement. To me it looks much WORSE than more recent showings, which imo had shown progress from the nasty looking E3 video. The colours and art in evidence here are just horrible.

And as others have pointed out, the action is almost impossible to follow, despite it being 60fps. Is that all the blur? God it's horrible in motion this game.

I’m not sure if the new engine looks better or if it’s a result of the location with higher contracts and more color.

I also have a feeling Godfall will be a PS+ game at launch.

MarkMe2525

Looks fun, I like slash and loot games. Is this ever headed to Xbox? I don't know if it's because I have some big color deficiencies in my vision but I like the super saturated look.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Should be called Godawful.

Jesus Christ art direction is hideous with those horrible over-saturated colors & ridiculous motion blur, bad character models and generic combat. Overall that is one ugly, generic game.
I would say it's just not to your taste. You make it sound like an n64 game 🙂

Edit:I realize you're not the only one that doesn't like it. I'm not calling you out or anything.

Last edited:
I mean I'll play it, and it does look better than last showing but ...? A few embarrassing "omg so good" posts on the first page from the usual suspects. I'll never understand why there's only 0 or 100 with some people: it's okay to say its better but still needs work. I'm not personally a fan of the art style but more power to you if you are. The combat flow seems a little jank too, there's no release date for this yet is there (though it's presumed to be a launch title isn't it)?

Agree with the sentiment of it looking like a 70-80 game.

Top Bottom