• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG News and Updates 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I won the Twitter contest too! Now to decide between Planescape: Torment and Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon. Leaning towards Planescape.

bender

What time is it?
Did people who won the Twitter contest get 'direct messages' from GOG via Twitter?

Congrats btw. :)

Yessir and thank you.

Looks like the GOG version doesn't have Steamworks capabilities (online co-op, leaderboard, achievements, cards, cloud saves).

Correct.

PixelJunk said:
@allmycircuits Only the Steam features, like Steam leaderboards and achievements. Content-wise, they are the same.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So everything is over... and no LucasArts? WTF are they doing with all the teasing? So rude.

Category G

Neo Member
Looks like the GOG version doesn't have Steamworks capabilities (online co-op, leaderboard, achievements, cards, cloud saves).

Heh fair enough. Interesting to see such a difference regardless. Were it any other company I might be a tad bemused having got the game on Steam day one, but I can't begrudge Q-Games my money. :)

androvsky

They're also offering the whole pack free to government workers affected by the shutdown, just email your furlough letter to thanksobama@gog.com
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/387942215340654593

And naturally, people are taking offense that gog is blaming Obama for this due to the email address. And by people, I mean twitter users who apparently follow a company that sells old computer games on the internet. I dunno some days.

edit: gah, beaten. Thanks Obama!

mclem

That news post is *delightful*

Speaking from one organization that has had an unpopular shutdown to another: America. What are you doing? America? Stahp.

Finally, for reasons entirely unrelated to who may or may not have been involved in shutting down the US Government, we also appear to have Redneck Rampage on sale 50% off.

Edit: If you read the news post, it's very clear who GoG blames.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
GOG, you hilarious motherfuckers. I really recommend that people read their news post. It's genuinely funny.

Good move on their part.

mclem

Hmmm. Night Dive Studios just posted on Facebook for peoples' memories of Albion, ("Wouldn't it be awesome to have it run on modern operating systems?") apparently unprovoked.

Could this be a future release?

Paging Joseph Merrick:

another game I've been thinking about wanting on gog is ALBION. must be ubisoft own this through bluebyte, bu but.. why isn't it on there.

Gothos

They're also offering the whole pack free to government workers affected by the shutdown, just email your furlough letter to thanksobama@gog.com
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/387942215340654593

And naturally, people are taking offense that gog is blaming Obama for this due to the email address. And by people, I mean twitter users who apparently follow a company that sells old computer games on the internet. I dunno some days.

edit: gah, beaten. Thanks Obama!

Wouldn't it warrant a new thread? Some people might not read GOG thread but I bet they would like to get some games for free :D

I keep seeing Redneck Rampage go on sale, and I keep passing it up (because I haven't finished Blood or even started Shadow Warrior, as far as Build Engine games go). Not sure if I should renege on that or not.

inm8num2

There's always at least one...

BPy2Xye.png

Nikodemos

Hmmm. Night Dive Studios just posted on Facebook for peoples' memories of Albion, ("Wouldn't it be awesome to have it run on modern operating systems?") apparently unprovoked.
James Cameron ripped off Albion when making Avatar. I mean, it's so blatantly obvious. Exploratory interstellar mission from a mining corporation, cat people with mystical abilities, incredibly violent fauna etc.

mclem

Oddness: Surgeon Simulator appeared briefly on the site, then vanished. I thought that was just a glitch, but it's been 20 minutes and hasn't reappeared. I *assume* Surgeon Sim's today's release, anyway.

Edit: Just updated on the forums: It is Surgeon Sim, we'll be getting it at 3pm, all being well, and (if I'm construing the statement correctly) there's a classic release accompanying it.

cicero

Special Promo: Get The Witcher Free With Any Purchase! This special offer lasts until Thursday, October 17 at 9:59 AM GMT.

This is the final week of our 5 Birthday Celebration. We're going to go above and beyond the call of birthday, though, and give you guys something incredible for our final thank you: buy anything on GOG.com--yes, anything--a free copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition with any purchase.

---

Special Promo: Get Dragon Commander 40% off & Win a DRAGON! Divinity: Dragon Commander is 40% off (that's only $23.99) until 3.59 AM GMT on 14 October 2013.

http://www.gog.com/news/special_promo_get_dragon_commander_40_off_win_a_dragon

Divinity: Dragon Commander is 40% off (that's only $23.99) until 3.59 AM GMT on 14 October 2013. The same discount applies to the Divinity: Dragon Commander--Imperial Edition pack, and the Divinity: Dragon Commander--Imperial Edition Upgrade DLC (the one to use if you already have the regular edition but would like to upgrade it to the "imperial" version). That's not all. We've barely started! We've engaged in dark acts of enscorcery and are offering them up to you! This is an actual thing: we took an actual dragon from the actual game of Dragon Commander and printed it

...and we've had it painted by a talented local mini-painting artist in Warsaw. And while the dragon is lovely, we want to give it to you.

Entering is simple: like GOG.com, Larian, and PC Gamer on Facebook to get one chance to win for each like. If you already like those pages, just confirm your email and name in our fan raffle app and you'll get a chance to win for each page you've liked already. Go to the GOG.com Facebook profile and check out the top post to enter!

cicero

Legend of Kyrandia Series Launch Discount: The Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate & Malcolm's Revenge. Special 33% off ($3.99) promo price if you buy these two new releases along with the first Legend of Kyrandia. Promo lasts until Thursday, October 17, at 12:59PM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/news/release_the_legend_of_kyrandia_hand_of_fate_malcolms_revenge

Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate, The - $3.99
Legend of Kyrandia: Malcolm's Revenge, The - $3.99
Legend of Kyrandia, The - $3.99
* Discounted price if you buy all three together, otherwise they are $5.99 individually.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Heh, I think someone messed up, Kyrandia one is currently flagged as DLC for the 11th hour so you can't buy it unless you own 11th hour.

mclem

While I've never really rated the first game, Hand of Fate is brilliant and I'm given to understand that Malcolm's Revenge is too. I think I'll be purchasing.

mclem

Weekend promo: EA-fest.

60% off on:
(deep breath)

Theme Hospital
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri™
Dungeon Keeper™ 2
Dungeon Keeper Gold™
SimCity 2000™ Special Edition
Wing Commander™ 4: The Price of Freedom
Wing Commander ®: Privateer ™
Wing Commander™ 3 Heart of the Tiger™
Wing Commander™ 1+2
Syndicate Wars™
Syndicate Plus™
Ultima™ 7 The Complete Edition
Ultima® Underworld 1+2
Ultima™ 4+5+6
Ultima™ 8 Gold Edition
Ultima™ 1+2+3
Ultima™ 9: Ascension
Populous™: The Beginning
Populous™ 2: Trials of the Olympian Gods
Populous™
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Nox™
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest
Lands of Lore™ 1+2
Lands of Lore 3
Crusader: No Remorse™
Crusader: No Regret™
Clive Barker's Undying
Starflight™ 1+2
Strike Commander
Magic Carpet™ 2: The Netherworlds
Magic Carpet Plus™
Bioforge

Worth bearing in mind that this includes the various Bullfrog titles that got the expansion packs a little while back.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Weekend promo: EA-fest.

60% off on:
DLkBBQu.png

All amazing games, but because of backlog and fading game-playing it feels like...

ibwX8sbblGP0pt.gif

...so I don't think I will. Is this it? Are my gaming days ending?

mclem

DLkBBQu.png

All amazing games, but because of backlog and fading game-playing it feels like...

ibwX8sbblGP0pt.gif

...so I don't think I will. Is this it? Are my gaming days ending?

If I've counted it right, that GIF displays... $22. Which covers your potential purchase price. So yes, it feels exactly like that :)

Minsc

Gold Member
They're $100 bills though. If you stuck to sales, I doubt you could even spend $2,000 on GOG's entire catalog.

cicero

IndieGameStand Deal: Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages (DRM Free, GOG key, Desura key, Greenlight Steam key if/when it is added on Steam). Pay at least $1 to get GOG and Desura activation keys. Buy at the average price (currently $1.58) and you get the bonus content which includes Artwork and HD Backgrounds, Ring Runner - Derelict Dreams, and The Full Ring Runner OST. This deal last for about another 94 hours/4 days.

I don't see any specific time limits on the GOG activation code, I would still activate it as soon as possible though.

http://www.gog.com/game/ring_runner_flight_of_the_sages

What is Ring Runner? video HERE.

Persona7

Banned
IndieGameStand Deal: Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages (DRM Free, GOG key, Desura key, Greenlight Steam key if/when it is added on Steam). Pay at least $1 to get GOG and Desura activation keys. Buy at the average price (currently $1.58) and you get the bonus content which includes Artwork and HD Backgrounds, Ring Runner - Derelict Dreams, and The Full Ring Runner OST. This deal last for about another 94 hours/4 days.

I don't see any specific time limits on the GOG activation code, I would still activate it as soon as possible though.

http://www.gog.com/game/ring_runner_flight_of_the_sages

What is Ring Runner? video HERE.

This looks interesting.

Bought.

mclem

Oldie:
Corsairs: Gold

I Don't Know What But It Slightly Terrifies Me:
Long Live The Queen

The latter's certainly Japanese inspired - do we have another company doing the Carpe Fulgur thing? It looks intriguing. And pink. So very, very, pink.

Edit: Oh! It's the people behind Magical Diary! That makes somewhat more sense.

Category G

Neo Member
Oldie:
Corsairs: Gold

I Don't Know What But It Slightly Terrifies Me:
Long Live The Queen

The latter's certainly Japanese inspired - do we have another company doing the Carpe Fulgur thing? It looks intriguing. And pink. So very, very, pink.

Edit: Oh! It's the people behind Magical Diary! That makes somewhat more sense.

Some of the responses Long Live The Queen is eliciting are hilarious:

Wishbone: Really? A nice Japanese game about pedophilia? Great release, GOG. Well done you.

mclem

Some of the responses Long Live The Queen is eliciting are hilarious:

What few reviews I can find about it are actually highly positive. I think there's a few prejudices rearing their ugly heads over on the forums.

Oh, another release! Brand new title, this time: Democracy 3

Edit:
LLTQ reviews:

http://indiegames.com/2012/06/review_long_live_the_queen_han.html
http://www.themarysue.com/long-live-the-queen-game-review/

It reads vaguely like FTL, but in a Machiavellian court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom