• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Times On Neogaf Gaming: The BEST Threads

This was the theme for like a day or so.

GhujdZC.png

No explanation? Just a random April Fools-style prank? Then it was gone?

Because that would explain why so few people know anything about it.

Your insight has been extremely valuable. I spend a long time trying to compile GAF life for my own understanding.

Mike M

Nick N
No explanation? Just a random April Fools-style prank? Then it was gone?

Because that would explain why so few people know anything about it.

Your insight has been extremely valuable. I spend a long time trying to compile GAF life for my own understanding.

Yeah, just a random gag. I don't even think it was April Fool's, either. I think it started off as a joke in some sort of "How would you redesign the logo?" thread or something.

i'm gonna brag a little bit in this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161755&highlight=

closest poll in neogaf history. it's been bumped a few times since then but when it first died, it was 209 kazuya to 211 kiryu. 420 votes. perfect.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192004&highlight=

this thread was very divisive as well

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=982280&highlight=

that may be my best thread a LOT of people going back in forth giving the same rudimentary superlatives to both games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969377&highlight=

that one lasted a while as well

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really, really like Neiteio threads, but he's been posted already. I wish GAF was full of threads that had careful analysis and genuine appreciation like his.

Teeth

There was an insane thread in OT that was about a guy who thought his girlfriend (or friend?) was kidnapped or something. It was quite a trip to read in real time.

It's where the "go ly down" meme came from.

I remember it mostly for the various unique ways people tried to tell the OP to CALL THE POLICE that he kept ignoring.

Fun times.

bpfd

My favorite of all time was the guy who started a thread about his missing girlfriend. Detective-gaf got involved and a legendary thread was born. I need to go ly down now.

I didn't have an account back then but the Project Beast thread will always hold a special place in my heart. me and my friends lurked and each read like every post in there and followed it all day, it's honestly what got me super into GAF.

Fancolors

I don't remember if it was gaming or OT, but I'm sure there was one time when the OP pretended he was Japanese and had a meltdown and posted an excerpt form a Halo novel as a final goodbye.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy shit the safe moist as dudes thread still makes me laugh in tears. OP starts a bit over excited about the possibilities of PS Move and gets quickly ever more agitated that the cookie cutter motherfuckers at GAF fail to see how Move changes everything.

It's actually even funnier now that we know how much of an impact Move had

LMAO
Why am I just now seeing this!?
I once had a dream that I needed to take a piss so there was a TV on the floor so I'm like, perfect, a place to piss. But then the TV turned on and Patrick Stewart was on and I'm like aww man, I can't pee on it now! When I woke up I was baffled by my dream logic. Why was a TV in the middle of a room the perfect place to pee? More confusing, why the hell did Patrick Stewart ruin it? The man is awesome, but is he dream logic awesome?

That was a dream, what's your excuse?

jbug617

Banned
The one when Gaf figured out that Nintendo was going to announce New Super Mario Bros for Wii because of photos from the E3 floor where Nintendo covered all the materials with white sheets.

It was the night before their conference and I remember people going to photoshop to mess with the contrast/brightness to get shadows.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363686

Sponge

Banned
Also little self promotion but I have a soft spot in my heart for one of my first threads here.

It was relatively peaceful time in GAF, minus some Wii U murmur since it had just released. Then the PS4 reveal event was announced and kazification and positivity were abound for a short while.

And then Sony's marketing team or whoever decided to be a little cheeky and declare ''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20

It ended up being a total fanboy shitshow. Mods had to lock the thread due to fun stuff such as ''your parents wouldn't care if you were dead'' level of insults. I consider it the beginning of the new fanboy war that reached it's peak with Adam Orth and Xbox May event.

rsajkrI.png

I remember this thread and that image that I made! Good times.

I've been around this forum forever. For some reason, I was taking a stroll down memory lane tonight and came across one of my favorite threads ever, The Day The Name Wii Was Revealed. I was living in Spain at the time, struggling with an illness, and yet this thread had me in tears even though I thought the name was actually smart. I wasn't actually a member at that time.

What are your favorite threads?

This thread is so fascinating from a branding standpoint. Amazing gap between the hard core audience represented on GAF and the mass market. Also interesting to see a few smart GAFers pick up on the potential immediately.

Modoru

The #teamreal and #teamfake ordeal that came with the highly convoluted "leaks" of the NX. Btw you're all still fucking dumb if you thought that oval shaped thing could've been a real nintendo product.

I laughed a ton tho.

Still, major props to that guy for taking everyone on the internet for the biggest of ruse cruises.

I don't recall others from my lurking days at the moment.

I like this exchange from Bruce Springsteen sucks

I was at a VW dealership the other day getting my tires rotated. I was waiting in the customer lounge, watching TV and playing on my phone. In the lounge, they were playing music (like most places). Most of it was nice; I didn't recognize any of the artists, but I was bobbing my head and tapping my feet to most of the songs, enjoying the selection. But then, this cringe-worthy song came on that stopped me in my tracks. Even though I was pretty much a zombie on my phone, this song managed to snatch my attention away.

"WTF is this shit?" I kept asking myself. And not only that, but the singing was so off-key that I thought it was a Rihanna song.

So I opened up Shazaam and I was absolutely shocked to see the artist come up:

3ebW9JA.png

link to song

"THAT'S what Bruce Springsteen sounds like?" I asked myself in shock. I obviously don't listen to him, but I figured that he'd be somewhat decent, considering what I've heard people say about him. I thought he was this amazing guy with this amazing voice, and it was just one of those people who I had never heard before. But damn, now that I have, I very disappointed to learn that that was Mr. Springsteen. :-/

Horrible thread

Mathieran

Banned
Buttsmasherr and El Capitan Todd are probably my two favorite inadvertent classics.

I love hype threads. The gifs and images people make are awesome

Top Bottom