• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye already to my White PS5

Hate or love it?

• YES

Votes: 101 49.8%
  • NO

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • wtf you idiot

Votes: 69 34.0%

• Total voters

Imtjnotu

and hello this this black beauty.

the white stood out too much for me. went with super gloss to match the trim in the middle. might go matte in a few weeks depending on how i feel.

20201118-153307-2.jpg

20201118-153256.jpg

20201118-153231.jpg

20201118-153249.jpg

Edit: gonna do flat on the sides tomorrow. Leave the inside seams gloss tho so the led's reflect on the inside

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Goodbye warranty.

This. If you painted over the original you're pretty dumb OP.

Buying a new console to do that right off the bat and lose warranty is plain stupid and behind my comprehension, specially in a first gen of a new console, which has a higher probability of having problems. I had problems with first gen PS3 and PS4, if you think I'm just saying this for saying.

You should have bought separated plates already black or painted those, not the original ones.

Last edited:

mekes

I can see a lot of people doing this. Personally I’d go matte but even gloss is a big improvement. It looks good, you must be happy with the result!

Buying a new console to do that right off the bat and lose warranty is plain stupid and behind my comprehension, specially in a first gen of a new console, which has a higher probability of having problems. I had problems with first gen PS3 and PS4, if you think I'm just saying this for saying.

You should have bought separated plates already black or painted those, not the original ones.
What in the fuck are you on about?

Behind your comprehension? It's his fucking console. He paid money for it. He's allowed to do with it whatever the fuck he can. If it was my console and I did this custom job, I'd tell you to get fucked too.

It's a beauty, not a fan of the Stormtrooper white either, I need that Darth Vader black. But I'm going to wait until Aliexpress has some customs for dirt cheap instead of painting them myself.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
What in the fuck are you on about?

Behind your comprehension? It's his fucking console. He paid money for it. He's allowed to do with it whatever the fuck he can. If it was my console and I did this custom job, I'd tell you to get fucked too.

Two warranties down the toilet then.

You are fit to do what you want, but if your console fails you up, I won't feel any sorry for you.

Like I said, it's not the mod itself, it's doing the mod on the original plates and fucking up the warranty of a brand new product.

If you have 500$ to expend on a fucking console, pretty sure you can spare a few bucks and buy some extra plates and keep the warranty. If you're smart enough that is.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Or I can do as I please for an item I paid for?

You right tho

Two warranties down the toilet then.

You are fit to do what you want, but if your console fails you up, I won't feel any sorry for you.

Like I said, it's not the mod itself, it's doing the mod on the original plates and fucking up the warranty of a brand new product.

If you have 500$ to expend on a fucking console, pretty sure you can spare a few bucks and buy some extra plates and keep the warranty. If you're smart enough that is.
Who gives a fuck if he painted the original plates. Its his money. Did he spend your money on the console?

You're going to tell car nuts to buy seperate original bumpers and sideskirts when they take their brand new cars into the mod shop to get custom parts fitted ?

GTFO

Top Bottom