• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye already to my White PS5

Hate or love it?

• YES

Votes: 101 49.8%
  • NO

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • wtf you idiot

Votes: 69 34.0%

• Total voters
:messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_astonished::messenger_grimmacing_ Sorry but that looks terrible, like a Chinese knock off. Are those even the same faceplates, i dont see the icon engravings.

Last edited:
and hello this this black beauty.

the white stood out too much for me. went with super gloss to match the trim in the middle. might go matte in a few weeks depending on how i feel.

20201118-153307-2.jpg

20201118-153256.jpg

20201118-153231.jpg

20201118-153249.jpg
fEYpqgv.gif

You are crazy if you think this won't void his warranty. Retailers and manufacturers already try their best to make warranty claims a hard task. This is only giving them an excuse to use. Not saying it should void warranty but it will..
Are you serious??
The shells were designed to be easily removed so you can clear the dust filters. This was demonstrated in the PS5 teardown video.

So removing the shell to clean out your dust filters and to add expandable storage will void the warranty ??

NextUnconsciousArctichare-small.gif

Last edited:

Holammer

I would have painted it ceramic white instead.
I'm the exception of course, I'd love to get a grey/beige case for my next computer.

dcx4610

This is on Etsy and tempting. I have a feeling it'll look nothing like the picture though. 3M vinyl sticker set.

il_1140xN.2702039857_5z3r.jpg

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looks good. I think it's inevitable that we'll get a black PS5 eventually (from Sony themselves).

Can you imagine how yellow and nasty PS5's will look in a few years?

onQ123

I won’t throw shade on your shine, I just prefer official. The white is just as nice, but it’s not really an issue.
Just know that making noise with me, won’t escape that void in the warranty...

Don't be warning me about a warranty , the hating ain't hard to see but this ain't hurting me non I got money out the wazoo son if it break I buy a new one.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Great job man! I'd LOVE to see it matte, personally. I was seriously considering doing that to mine. But we'll see, haha

Thought I would like it more all black. I guess I was wrong. Maybe matte?

All that matters is that OP likes it though, so I won't hate on him. Well done in customizing your own stuff.

Last edited:

OutRun88

Nice! I hope it turned out how you wanted it to.

The white and black aesthetic has grown on me and really makes stands out as it’s own generation.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
No it wouldn't void the warranty. A few clowns here think it does.

giphy.gif

Pull your head out of your own ass for once and search the web.

- Spray painting the original frame of a gaming mouse makes the product lose its warranty.

- Spray painting an original case of a phone makes the product lose its warranty.

- PS4 warranty manual states that if you modify your console in anyway you lose warranty.

Even though the faceplates are removable they are removable for cleaning purposes, not modding.

If you paint them during warranty time, you're basically giving ammo to the company because they are very picky and can fuck up your warranty if they want to, which most likely they will do.

So if you're really keen on modding the PS5, the ideal thing is buying some spare faceplates and play with those, without risking the chance of losing the warranty, by painting the original ones.

That's what smart people would do at least, it doesn't take too much to come to that conclusion.

Last edited:

IDappa

Are you serious??
The shells were designed to be easily removed so you can clear the dust filters. This was demonstrated in the PS5 teardown video.

So removing the shell to clean out your dust filters and to add expandable storage will void the warranty ??

NextUnconsciousArctichare-small.gif
So you are comparing cleaning your system to painting?.. Are you okay mate? You seem very touchy over something that is a sensible take. Btw I do not remember them painting their system in that teardown video can you link me bud..

IDappa

giphy.gif

Pull your head out of your own ass for once and search the web.

- Spray painting the original frame of a gaming mouse makes the product lose its warranty.

- Spray painting an original case of a phone makes the product lose its warranty.

- PS4 warranty manual states that if you modify your console in anyway you lose warranty.

Even thought the faceplates are removable they are removable for cleaning purposes, not modding.

If you paint them during warranty time, you're basically giving ammo to the company because they are very picky and can fuck up your warranty if they want too, which most likely they will do.

So if you're really keen on modding the PS5, the ideal thing is buying some spare faceplates and play with those, without risking the chance of losing the warranty, by painting the original ones.

That's what smart people would do at least, it doesn't take too much to come to that conclusion.
Please do not bring common sense into this argument in the teardown video they clearly repainted inside and out of the PS5.

Elbereth

Don't be warning me about a warranty , the hating ain't hard to see but this ain't hurting me non I got money out the wazoo son if it break I buy a new one.

Your money is long, but your logic is wrong, im like the Incredible Hulk breakin out of prison ,cuz the bars aint strong.
Only way you’re buying a new one is if pay the scalp gang, do your thang, but it’s clear your really never cared about shame.

onQ123

Your money is long, but your logic is wrong, im like the Incredible Hulk breakin out of prison ,cuz the bars aint strong.
Only way you’re buying a new one is if pay the scalp gang, do your thang, but it’s clear your really never cared about shame.

I got paper for the scalpers , scissors to cut off the haters , I don't rock with you lames so I'll see you later

Top Bottom