• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye already to my White PS5

Hate or love it?

• YES

Votes: 101 49.8%
  • NO

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • wtf you idiot

Votes: 69 34.0%

• Total voters

Dargor

Painting looks uneven, so the shiny black doesn't work, cuz it highlights every issue on the paint job. Try a more forgiving color next.

Elbereth

I got paper for the scalpers , scissors to cut off the haters , I don't rock with you lames so I'll see you later

Like a true jester, you speak with hand gestures, since you can’t lyrically shoot, I’ll just become like you and become mute

Verchod

I like the idea of consoles not being black, but that looks like a beautiful job, it looks very sleek. Nice.

Tschumi

i like it mate, i'm not one for gloss but it looks pretty professionally done and doesn't have any obvious noobish flaws... i'd have gone matte, or maybe half matte half gloss in the mode of the late model ps2 slims~

onQ123

Like a true jester, you speak with hand gestures, since you can’t lyrically shoot, I’ll just become like you and become mute

Even if you mute you gonna see me cause my audio is 3D , tempest engine not mp3 , I dual sense your fear like it's on repeat ultrasonic waves make you pee pee.

Keihart

looks kinda shittier than white, but it guess that since the original looks has this very small texture of symbols it's kinda hard or maybe impossible to paint correctly be it matte or glossy while preserving the inner texture intact.
Also, seeing it as one color makes me appreciate the two tone original look, weird how that works.

Last edited:

Codes 208

That Ray Tra....

Ruined my joke you!

This is what I get for living in Australia. Always too late.
FelineAfraidIguana-size_restricted.gif

Ar¢tos

Too much gloss, it probably reflects lights too much.
I would do matte and then a single coating of low gloss varnish.
(its my plan for 1 month after I have mine, to make sure it's not a faulty unit).

It looks like when I painted my Nokia 8110 banana phone with spray can as teenager, weird and cheap.

But at least your painting skills seems to be better than mine were :messenger_beaming:

waxer

I prefer texture differences. Maybe a matte clear film on the centre with keeping sides glossy would be more my thing

DelireMan7

Question : Hate or love it ?
Choice : Yes or No.

I am confused. So I went for the third option xD

Not a huge fan of the shiny. And all black it looks like it's missing something. Maybe with a white or metallic (or whatever but something different) Logo would be better.

Bankai

Considering the fact that this is a new piece of tech, I would never do anything to give up warranty. But it looks very nice! 💙

Soodanim

Gold Member
Thought process went :
“Reminds me of PS3. Slim was so much better. Why did they bring back gloss for that middle bit? I hope people can fix that as well as the side panels. Maybe the 5 slim will fix it too.”

Relativ9

There is something off about it to me, it's missing some contrast or something somewhere, even the phat PS3 had the chrome lines to break up the shapes.

Top Bottom