• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye already to my White PS5

Hate or love it?

• YES

Votes: 101 49.8%
  • NO

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • wtf you idiot

Votes: 69 34.0%

• Total voters

onQ123

and hello this this black beauty.

the white stood out too much for me. went with super gloss to match the trim in the middle. might go matte in a few weeks depending on how i feel.

20201118-153307-2.jpg

20201118-153256.jpg

20201118-153231.jpg

20201118-153249.jpg

Not to alarm you but white actually help to keep PS5 cool this black is going to bring the heat

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Or I can do as I please for an item I paid for?

You right tho

Of course you are. It's your money, you do what you want with it.

But you gotta recognize it would be better spending 40$ for each plate, rather than losing your warranty.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Who gives a fuck if he painted the original plates. Its his money. Did he spend your money on the console?

You're going to tell car nuts to buy seperate original bumpers and sideskirts when they take their brand new cars into the mod shop to get custom parts fitted ?

GTFO

You really want to compare prices of plastic plates for a console with car parts? LOL.

Dude stop before you become more pathetic.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
This. If you painted over the original you're pretty dumb OP.

Buying a new console to do that right off the bat and lose warranty is plain stupid and behind my comprehension, specially in a first gen of a new console, which has a higher probability of having problems. I had problems with first gen PS3 and PS4, if you think I'm just saying this for saying.

You should have bought separated plates already black or painted those, not the original ones.
Tell us how you really feel.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Tell us how you really feel.

Think I'm bitching because I didn't get a PS5 at launch? Sorry you're wrong.

Not a fan of the white design, gonna wait for a black version.

I didn't even bother with pre-orders, since I don't want to buy the console at launch.

Missed your opportunity pal.

Last edited:
I like it better than the default white. Might want to order some extra panels somewhere to slap on it in case you ever need to send it in.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
if you spray paint dog shit gold it's still shit

I am so hiding this horrible thing in my media center cabinet.

Hawk269

That does not look good at all. But if you like it that is all that matters. I think matte black would look a bit better to contrast from the shiny center part. But just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom