• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOTHAM adds Alfred and Penguin to cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/fox...ers-the-penguin-alfred-pennyworth-1201097899/

Robin Lord Taylor will play Oswald Cobblepot, or the man better known as DC Comics villain the Penguin. With the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal, Cobblepot is a low-level psychopath for gangster Fish Mooney, and hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor.

Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s butler, will be played by Sean Pertwee. A tough-as-nails ex-marine from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he’s fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne — the boy who will eventually become Batman.

Additionally, Zabryna Guevara has been cast as Captain Essen, Detective Gordon’s boss at the Gotham City Police Department Homicide Squad. Essen balances the two worlds of police and politics with a Machiavellian skill that’s as much corporate litigator as cop. Erin Richards will play Barbara Kean, the fiance of Detective Gordon (McKenzie). A sophisticated emergency doctor, Kean stands by her husband amid the corrupt world of Gotham. Richards is repped by WME, Magnolia Entertainment and Curtis Brown in the UK.

Chariot

I don't feel the Penguin, when I see Robin Lord Taylor :(
Maybe Emporer Penguin, but not good 'ol kinda fat Penguin.

Coconut

Banned
Copy paste the press release. I should have gone into entertainment journalism.

"Robin Lord Taylor will play Oswald Cobblepot, or the man better known as DC Comics villain the Penguin. With the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal."

Slime

Banned
Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s butler, will be played by Sean Pertwee.

tumblr_inline_msa5mtz5601qz4rgp.gif

Is it rude to say that guy has the nose to play Penguin? Cuz he totally has the nose to play Penguin. So thats something. Plus that picture they chose makes him look a little slimy and creepy.

With them focusing in on Alfred's 'tough as nails ex-military' side Im slightly worried this'll turn into a bit of 'uneasy adoptive father struggles to show emotions' which I'm kinda bored of. I prefer Alfred to just be a bit world weary and scared of whatever Batmans up to. Case in point, Michael Caine.

Clevinger

I can only hope one day there's a Justice League spinoff show where Bruce and Supes and Wonderwoman fight injustice in middle school

Shaanyboi

Banned
This sounds like some real Batman: Earth One kinda shit...

I really like Batman: Earth One

Though Sarah wasn't Gordon's superior was she? Or did he climb to the same rank as her?

So Luthor and Penguin for the sequel to Man of Steel? Interesting shift. You use villains like these in a Superman story, you'll need to actually write something besides man hits man -- man flies through building -- man hits man again

Too bad they went right for overpowered god superman. I would have liked to see the old school/Grant Morrison Action Comics version team up with Batman.
Brah this is a tv show on Fox.

KAOz

Short bus special
Sean Pertwee?

As Alfred?

Oh god I CAN'T STOP JIZZING OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS I CANT STOP ITS EVERYWHERE LET ME FUCKING SWALLOW IT YEEEEEEES SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!

Wiktor

Great casting for Gordon and now just as great for Alfred. My hype for this show is building up pretty quickly.

Hmm, I guess Penguin could work. A younger Cobblepot setting out to make his mark, etc.

Alfred though, not sure I how feel about that. I guess that means they'll be casting young Bruce at some point then?

obin_gam

Hmm, I guess Penguin could work. A younger Cobblepot setting out to make his mark, etc.

Alfred though, not sure I how feel about that. I guess that means they'll be casting young Bruce at some point then?

It says so right in the OP: "...the young Bruce Wayne — the boy who will eventually become Batman".

massoluk

Banned
This show has potential, unfortunately it's going to end up with all of Batman's villains showing up to kidnap young Bruce every week and Gordon must use unconventional method to overcome the hindrance due to Gotham's corruption to rescue him, while inadvertantly moving the villains to adopt their signature aliases in the future.

It says so right in the OP: "...the young Bruce Wayne — the boy who will eventually become Batman".

It doesn't actually say they'll cast Bruce, just that he's fiercely protective of him. I could see them using Alfred as a buffer and not casting Bruce until much later...if the show manages to stay on the air.

ElFly

Why make Alfred an Ex-Marine when you could go for broke and have him be a retired off brand James Bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom