• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
jett said:
:lol The demo on the showfloor is the same from Gamescom. The fuck is this bullshit.

More I read, more I'm starting to think my initial concerns may be realised. Well, guess we'll have to wait till later to find out. I hope physics, damage, AI etc are considerably better in this demo build.

I'm not convinced that the game is only 65% but I am still hoping for a 2009 release.

Even if it is not releasing this year, at least we can know that Kazanouri is making the game better.

Shadow or damage?

2vudkkj.jpg

RavenFox

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
So if we use R&C as a reference and 20% more means two months, then that means ~3.5 months for GT5?
Why the hell are people still dwelling on this? 65% is not what your brain is thinking. The game is ready to go.

It's stated the the Ferrari door gets crumpled. Megatons imminent.

Iknos

XiaNaphryz said:
So if we use R&C as a reference and 20% more means two months, then that means ~3.5 months for GT5?

Assuming Dec. 11 release date...that is still nearly 3 months away.

OTOH if it took 2 years to hit 65%...

Who knows what the 65% number really means anyways...

paparazzo

XiaNaphryz said:
No, A Crack in Time releases in a month from now. So going by this logic, GT5 could be finished 2 months from now.

RavenFox

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
65% is not good.
I swear...keep it up

Ok I just watched the vid thats looping now. The Ferrari comes down the track and the dude recording says @ 5:34 "Ferrari Damage" and from his blurry camera you see the door has a crumbled look.

spwolf

RavenFox said:
I swear...keep it up

Ok I just watched the vid thats looping now. The Ferrari comes down the track and the dude recording says @ 5:34 "Ferrari Damage" and from his blurry camera you see the door has a crumbled look.

this changes everything

:lol

Iknos

It's amazing that no one from GTP is there taking high quality footage. Such a person would be considered a saviour. I'm not asking for anything spectacular...even GamesCom quality footage would be nice.

If sites like IGN and 1Up want hits they have to spend less time making less Top 10 lists and take more footage off the floor.

alba

Little is the new Big
Well GTP community is mostly US/EU and nobody here going there as press so except if we had some Japanese friends over there, we won't get anything :'-(

YYZ

lol, 65% only. My friend insists that it's coming out in December and I thought not. Looks like someone's dreams are crushed. Mmm, those tears are delicious.

RavenFox

Banned
YYZ said:
lol, 65% only. My friend insists that it's coming out in December and I thought not. Looks like someone's dreams are crushed. Mmm, those tears are delicious.
Oh Im going to enjoy your tears later today.

spwolf

YYZ said:

actual SCEJ press conference is in 1:30 hours... we will find out then.

Not sure about the damage on the 458, after the 5.34 mark, if you keep watching you will see the same side of that Ferrari again and it doesn't look crumpled.

There's still hope thou...

alterno69

Banned
seattle6418 said:
Not sure about the damage on the 458, after the 5.34 mark, if you keep watching you will see the same side of that Ferrari again and it doesn't look crumpled.

There's still hope thou...

The guy recording says "Ferrari damage"

mr_nothin

Banned

Firewire

Banned
Massa said:
http://kotaku.com/5366437/gran-turismo-5-is-65-complete-apparently-but-ffxiii-is-nearly-done

So according to that list:

God of War III: 60%
Heavy Rain: 50%

GOW III is coming out in March and Heavy Rain has a tentative release date for February.

Sounds like this number is just useless. Guess we'll know in a few hours...

Apparently Kotaku has numbers for allot of games and not just Sony games, I have a feeling devs & publishers wouldn't be putting this stuff out there so freely. Smells allot like BS.

KHarvey16

Firewire said:
Apparently Kotaku has numbers for allot of games and not just Sony games, I have a feeling devs & publishers wouldn't be putting this stuff out there so freely. Smells allot like BS.

Whether the number is truly representative or not, they have pictures of the brochure and they're right in that link.

Animator

Firewire said:

That is not possible. Kotaku is the leader in bias free professional quality gaming journalism. When was the last time they reported something that was proven to be bs?

Firewire

Banned
Animator said:
That is not possible. Kotaku is the leader in bias free professional quality gaming journalism. When was the last time they reported something that was proven to be bs?

this morning, this afternoon? damned if I know! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom