• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHarvey16

akachan ningen said:
joke post?

That works either way. There's pictures, guys. If the number turns out to be wrong then barring a truly boneheaded translation error, it won't be because it was mis-reported.

spwolf

KHarvey16 said:
That works either way. There's pictures, guys. If the number turns out to be wrong then barring a truly boneheaded translation error, it won't be because it was mis-reported.

and when is HR coming out exactly?

psilva

Rapping Granny said:
I just came back from work, someone fill me in on what happened in the last 2 hours?

trailers, screens. news?
There was no news on GT5 at the keynote, though there is a press conference in a little less than an hour that might cover it.

Oh, and it's stated in the TGS show program that GT5 is about 65% done. Though, no one really knows what that means.

Even if you assumed a linear relationship between the completion percentage and development time (which there never is btw), wouldn't that still put GT5 around December? Not sure why people are getting freaked out here.

psilva

Rapping Granny said:
Is it a PD conference?

and 65%? HOLY FUCK, did they show the percentage for other games coming out?
Nope, the press conference is for SCEJ.

They showed some other percentages, but comparing them hasn't really gotten us anywhere. Check the last couple of pages if you're interested.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
H_Prestige said:
Even if you assumed a linear relationship between the completion percentage and development time (which there never is btw), wouldn't that still put GT5 around December? Not sure why people are getting freaked out here.
for a game that's been years in development? no way it's linear. my guess is that number refers to the final straight, where that may be anything between 3 and 6 months.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Insane Metal said:
That's interesting.

First they say the game is "finished" and they can release it anytime. Now they say 65% :lol

Maybe they saw the excellent job T10 has done and decided they needed something else?
vancouver-2010-mascots.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Lion Heart said:
Shit that looks hot. Obviously the guy cant drive though...TURN OFF TC MAAAN
erm, how exactly would that help the guy if he cannot drive?

2real4tv

nib95 said:
Judging from that vid, in respect to GT5P, lighting, tree's and textures seem to have been improved. Love that the SLR has animations with the air brake. Looks hot.

yeah good eyes first time I've seen something like that

Zaptruder

Banned
It'll be good to play GT5 in the future on the PC when some bright spark has coded up a PS3 emulator.

I wanna play this game in the bullshot mode. Looks incredible.

commedieu

Banned
ahh gaf already knows about the white lambo.. damn.. thought i was gunna break some news... either way... nice. Finally Ferrari vs Lambo in GT... im 26.. been waiting for this for a while!

thuway

I know we are all ho-humming the news as it trickles in, but I really do expect a media blowout. If not now, than when? Where's the info about the motion tracking, the update on the damage model, and the infamous "rain"- is there supposed to be a PD presser?

alba

Little is the new Big
blu said:
I think it has more to do with pushing the red circle button on the DFGT wheel. You wouldn't believe the number of display at Gamescom with people playing with that menu on, it's supposed to be an ingame live settings menu but it was on and nobody knew how to remove it I guess! It's a distracting.

Rody said:
It's been there since GT4. PD is that awesome.
Yep, always the attention to details ;-)

thuway said:
I know we are all ho-humming the news as it trickles in, but I really do expect a media blowout. If not now, than when? Where's the info about the motion tracking, the update on the damage model, and the infamous "rain"- is there supposed to be a PD presser?

Sony is going to be holding their media briefing in about 10 minutes. That's when people are expecting the news.

nib95

Banned
Zaptruder said:
It'll be good to play GT5 in the future on the PC when some bright spark has coded up a PS3 emulator.

I wanna play this game in the bullshot mode. Looks incredible.

Or....just play it on the PS3 with not a substantial difference. I mean ok....so 16xTRSAA and 16xAF is all gravy, but it's not like 2xAA/4xAA isn't sufficient. It's more than sufficient.

BeeDog

Damn, I was hoping for everything to have been announced while I was asleep, guess I haven't missed anything essential yet. Fucking GT5, why are you doing this to me? :(

blu said:

Blah, bad wording. I just ment its a lot more fun without it, but it wouldn't make him any better of course lol. Although, I get much higher lap times with it off.

Zaptruder

Banned
nib95 said:
Or....just play it on the PS3 with not a substantial difference. I mean ok....so 16xTRSAA and 16xAF is all gravy, but it's not like 2xAA/4xAA isn't sufficient. It's more than sufficient.

Well duh :p

I'm just saying that the quality of the assets in this game and shaders are of such a high level that it's sufficient to just update the IQ and call it a day.

Of course the irony is that GT6 in the PS4 will be out by then, but oh well!

Damodar

I'm glad nothing happened at the keynote, I slept through it. :lol

Bring on the media event! 5 minutes!

Anyone liveblogging or anything?

Also, that 65% thing is really confusing... Wouldn't a game 65% done be pretty much pre alpha? :p How do you even judge something like that. I don't understand why sony would put out figures like that, unless they've been completely misinterpreted (probably!)

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure shareholders would be interested in GT5's release date. Don't get your hopes up for the media thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom