• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
MArch 2010 is how far from Mid-late Dec 2009?:lol :lol :lol @ the meltdowns. You have A LOT of games coming out between now and then even with an unanticipated extra 3 months. do you really think its going to be like summer or fall 2010 for NA when almost all the shit is in english already?:lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
:lol at some of these comments.

I guess if people wandered in here late, they don't know about bish's warnings. They're about to find out I guess.

Lyonaz

XiaNaphryz said:
:lol at some of these comments.

I guess if people wandered in here late, they don't know about bish's warnings. They're about to find out I guess.

Bish will have a field day, the microsoft corporate guy earlier was already hilarious. :lol

Truespeed

jsnepo said:
Missing a 2009 release is really a missed opportunity. This year could've been a pure win for Sony. Too bad.

I would hate for PD to release an incomplete and unpolished game when they're so close to the finish line. You don't work on a game this long just to compromise your efforts to meet an unrealistic window. PD issued a date, it's within Sony's fiscal calendar so it's still on target to help meet their console sales target.

Loudninja

Truespeed said:
I would hate for PD to release an incomplete and unpolished game when they're so close to the finish line. You don't work on a game this long just to compromise your efforts to meet an unrealistic window. PD issued a date, it's within Sony's fiscal calendar so it's still on target to help meet their console sales target.

I cant believe people actually wanted them to downgrade it make a date. really silly.

gran-turismo-5-20090924002025627.jpg

gran-turismo-5-20090924002028221.jpg

gran-turismo-5-20090924002031752.jpg

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/857/857126/imgs_1.html

-viper-

Banned
Goldrusher said:
That's an SLR.

Feel free to count:

• = in GT4, TT, GT5P, GT5 demos
○ = new to the series (weather thingy + announcements)
bold = tracks 100% confirmed (GT5P, GT5 trailers & GT5 demos)

ROAD real race tracks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgium
○ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
○ Circuit Zolder

China
○ Shanghai International Circuit

France
• Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
- long with chicanes
- long without chicanes
○ Circuit de Nevers (Magny-Cours)

Germany
○ Hockenheimring
• Nürburgring
- Nordschleife
- GP track

Italy
○ Autodromo Nazionale Monza
○ Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari (Imola)

Japan
• Fuji Speedway
- 80's
- 90's
- F configuration
- GT configuration
• Suzuka Circuit
- GP Circuit
- East
- West
• Twin Ring Motegi
- Road Course
- East Short Course
- West Short Course
- Super Speedway
• Tsukuba Circuit

Monaco
• Circuit de Monaco

Portugal
○ Autódromo do Estoril

Spain
○ Circuito Permanente de Jerez
• Circuit Ricardo Tormo (Valencia)

UK
○ Brands Hatch
○ Silverstone Circuit
○ Top Gear Test Track

USA
• Daytona International Speedway
- Road Course
- Superspeedway
• Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
• Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Rectangular Oval Track
- Grand Prix Road Course
• Infineon Raceway
- Sport Car Course
- Stock Car Course

ROAD fictional race tracks in real locations
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China
• Hong Kong

France
• Paris, George V
• Paris, Opera

Italy
• Citta di Aria (Assisi)
• Costa di Amalfi (Capri)

Japan
• Tokyo, Route 246

Korea
• Seoul

Spain
○ Madrid

Switzerland
• Eiger Nordwand (Kleine Scheidegg, Bern)
- Short
- Long

UK
• London
- Short
- Long

USA
• El Capitan (Yosemite National Park, California)
• Las Vegas Drag Strip
• New York
• Seattle

ROAD fictional race tracks

• High Speed Ring
• Apricot Hill
• Autumn Ring
• Deep Forest Raceway
• Grand Valley Speedway
- East Section
- Speedway
• Midfield Raceway
• Driving Park
- Beginner Course
- Motorland
- Test Course
• Trial Mountain
• Clubman Stage Route 5
• Special Stage Route 5
• Special Stage Route 11

RALLY fictional race tracks in real locations

France
• Chamonix

French Polynesia
• Tahiti

Italy
• Tuscany

Switzerland
• Swiss Alps

USA
• Cathedral Rocks (Yosemite National Park, California)
• Grand Canyon

RALLY fictional race tracks

• Ice Arena​
That is a nice list of circuits. 20 circuits on the other hand is absolutely ridiculous.

Truespeed

Loudninja said:
I cant believe people actually wanted them to downgrade it make a date. really silly.

Seriously. Now, on the other hand, had it been a PC game it still would have been on target for a December 2009 release with a huge patch in March 2010.

bishoptl said:
Dude, if you're going to make posts like this - you shouldn't sign up for a GAF account with your Microsoft corporate email.

Seriously.
The hell?

Edit: Wow, those pictures look great. a slight dip If the actual game can run that with a slight dip, it'll be awesome. I was looking forward to GT5 this year though...ah well.

everybody was anticipating a december release date so an extra three month wait doesn't bother me too much

i really do hope that pd introduces more f1 cars for a proper formula gt series as it would be silly to have 16 f2007s in a single race

Xater

bishoptl said:
http://www.zachbellshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/picard-sigh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL when ws the last time you had to babysit a thread like this? :lol

The pics looks relly good. Because of the 2010 release I am now thinking about getting GT PSP. The last GT I played was 4 so I don't know if I can wait these 6 months :(

Recoil

Truespeed said:
So, just to re-cap, you're saying it was unfair to call someone, that primarily posted in 360 threads, a corporate shill because of his outburst on the 1 PS3 thread he posted in?

Got it.

Difference between shill and fanboy.

Learn it.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Am I right in thinking GT5 has not been delayed as an official release date was never announced?

Either way I have enough to keep me occupied until March, it means that I can invest the time this game deserves when it does come out.

Bojanglez said:
Am I right in thinking GT5 has not been delayed as an official release date was never announced?

Either way I have enough to keep me occupied until March, it means that I can invest the time this game deserves when it does come out.

People aren't pissed because it's been "delayed", it's because it's taken THIS LONG for it to come out.

Angst

If they publish a few more screens and som juicy info (weather, day/night, tracks etc) it would definitely make the wait more bearable.

Those IGN screens are new right? One word - OMFG! :D

thuway

GT-age should quit bitching and look at the positive side of this situation.

Judging from the demo at Gamescom the game is still in need of some work. (personal opinion coming) The damage was criticized from all corners of the fence, the awkward collision problems didn't help, and the lack of weather was a little disappointing (THIS IS ALL TO ME)

IF NOT THAT, than releasing it at the same time as Forza would be a disaster. Sony does not have the revenue to combat Microsoft in a marketing war for racers. The last thing I want to see is 10 Forza 3 commercials for every one GT5 commercial.

AND IF NOT THAT Gran Turismo would be crucified by the media / fanboys if PD released a product that was even remotely inferior to any other racer on the market. The time its been under development, the level of perfection that is expected, and the significance it has is not to be undermined.

That said- Fall 2010, damage done right, weather done right, rewind mode, replay mode, and something that you've never seen before. BERIEVE.

Blimblim said:
Short gameplay video with the Ferrari in cockpit view:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs09_gt5_gameplay-8561_en.html
o_O I take back what I said about hoping the screens are what the game would actually look like. Very impressive!

thuway said:
GT-age should quit bitching and look at the positive side of this situation.

Judging from the demo at Gamescom the game is still in need of some work. (personal opinion coming) The damage was criticized from all corners of the fence, the awkward collision problems didn't help, and the lack of weather was a little disappointing (THIS IS ALL TO ME)

IF NOT THAT, than releasing it at the same time as Forza would be a disaster. Sony does not have the revenue to combat Microsoft in a marketing war for racers. The last thing I want to see is 10 Forza 3 commercials for every one GT5 commercial.

AND IF NOT THAT Gran Turismo would be crucified by the media / fanboys if PD released a product that was even remotely inferior to any other racer on the market. The time its been under development, the level of perfection that is expected, and the significance it has is not to be undermined.

That said- Fall 2010, damage done right, weather done right, rewind mode, replay mode, and something that you've never seen before. BERIEVE.
Welcome back:lol :lol

And how would releasing GT5 at the same time as Forza be a bad thing? GT is the leader in sales and overall brand. That's not a slant against Forza, I think it'll do pretty damn good with all the work T10 have put into it. But the reality of the situation is much different.

I think it's a good thing anyway now that the two games are separated. Maybe it'll light a fire under Polyphony's ass now and make them more careful in the future. Just like how Sony was at the top for so long, so is GT and it can fall just as hard.

Ploid 3.0

The worst part is that there's hardly any new GT5 feature/info for the gameplay released. Just new cars on the Gamecom track, and a possibility of damage on them. Could have thrown us a bone and had a ice track and a rally car and I would have been happier.

6 more months, 6 more months.

rewind mode, replay

(Cringe) No thanks!

thuway

CrushDance said:
o_O I take back what I said about hoping the screens are what the game would actually look like. Very impressive!

Welcome back:lol :lol

And how would releasing GT5 at the same time as Forza be a bad thing? GT is the leader in sales and overall brand. That's not a slant against Forza, I think it'll do pretty damn good with all the work T10 have put into it. But the reality of the situation is much different.

I think it's a good thing anyway now that the two games are separated. Maybe it'll light a fire under Polyphony's ass now and make them more careful in the future. Just like how Sony was at the top for so long, so is GT and it can fall just as hard.

Good to be back :). I agree GT has the bigger name, but the overall market perception right now is pitchforks at Sony. GT has to be full featured, and I think delaying it was the right thing to do. People can whine and complain about patching shit in, but lets be real here, like Eminem says "You only got one shot" - :lol
I so deserve a tag for that

Ferrari Cockpit video looks good. I like how the whole driver is modeled.

Ploid 3.0 said:
The worst part is that there's hardly any new GT5 feature/info for the gameplay released. Just new cars on the Gamecom track, and a possibility of damage on them. Could have thrown us a bone and had a ice track and a rally car and I would have been happier.

The release date was bad news, but no new trailer or anything ? He said something like 'we revealed damage at Gamescom and expect a similiar development at TGS'. And what do we get ? A new photo-mode ? pff

Death Dealer said:
The release date was bad news, but no new trailer or anything ? He said something like 'we revealed damage at Gamescom and expect a similiar development at TGS'. And what do we get ? A new photo-mode ? pff

They haven't updated their website yet. That's usually where all the info and trailers go. And for some reason Sony password blocked their TGS site (I guess it's for press right now).

Ploid 3.0

Death Dealer said:

I have such a bad taste in my mouth about TGS now. Has anything at all come out of TGS so far? A new FFXIII clip or two, a short The Last Guardian clip, and motion stuff. Nothing too interesting from the look on the front page. GT5 didn't come out showing off it's features (was the photo mode even demoed) at this huge event. There may be no other time to show it of until march. Maybe the developers conference, Dice (don't know what that is), or something but they aren't the type of thing GT is shown off at.

GT5:p should have been GT5, and GT5 in March should have been GT6. They could have just put in a sim mode map, cleaned things up, and updated it more, and more often (free money pretty much). Then I would have bought it instead of wait on GT5 each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom