• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Bootaaay said:
Ok, I've accepted your friend request - how does the car trading work?

*edit, awesome - thanks man.

I'll need my Ram back once you're done. Forgot to do B-spec. Send it to sonarrat. Thanks!

Damn that was fast Jm. It's a shame my B-Spec driver is an idiot. Couldn't even beat the FF race filled with 250 HP vehicle with a 392 HP Civic. Maybe it's the understeering of the FF car with turbo lag, but still.

I'm replacing his stupid ass with a new guy I'm leveling up.

Hey lads, had a great week of GT5 during the holiday break. Had to share GT5 with some cousins most of the break but we had some fun getting the 400 km/h trophy. It became painful watching awful driving but I got some seat time late at night.

All Licenses golded, all races up to expert series golded, and working on events. Put in a killer lap in the 300SL to gold the beginner AMG event. 8:37.236

I feel your pain in the Elise challenge. Very frustrating. Took me many times to gold that one

This game is amazing and I can't wait to ge back to NYC and play it more. I love all the gift giving that you guys are doing. Once I finish the game an start amassing cash like I do in every GT game,
maybe I will give away a Ferrari each week or something.

Glad to see the thread has calmed down a little. Or so it seems.

WTF with the Lamborgini Miura '67???

I can't win nearly any classic car race if there is one of those motherfuckers, specially in B-Spec. I drive a overtuned 711 bhp Dodge, and the Miura (theorically 350 bhp) has better acceleration, better top speed and makes the turns faster. I played a Rome B-Spec race, and there were 3 Miuras and 2 Countach, in the 16 cars roaster, and in the end the 5 Lambos were in the top5.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gunther said:
:lol friend codes all over again!!!.
Anyway here i go!!

It's not really friends codes, it's a more easy way of finding the server in public unless you're friends with the person.

UFRA said:
Aaaaaaaand B-Spec Beginner series races completed, all gold. :D

Even in B-Spec mode this game is fun lol.

WTF. That was fast. I can't even get some of the beginner series B-specs done as I don't have the right car/tires for them. :| That and the AI's are fucking stupid. ARGH.

Dead Man

DangerousDave said:
WTF with the Lamborgini Miura '67???

I can't win nearly any classic car race if there is one of those motherfuckers, specially in B-Spec. I drive a overtuned 711 bhp Dodge, and the Miura (theorically 350 bhp) has better acceleration, better top speed and makes the turns faster. I played a Rome B-Spec race, and there were 3 Miuras and 2 Countach, in the 16 cars roaster, and in the end the 5 Lambos were in the top5.
I believe the AI tunes the nuts out of that car, always near the front in any race it's in.

gunther

TheSeks said:
It's not really friends codes, it's a more easy way of finding the server in public unless you're friends with the person.

WTF. That was fast. I can't even get some of the beginner series B-specs done as I don't have the right car/tires for them. :| That and the AI's are fucking stupid. ARGH.

I know but still wtf!.
this will by my first night inline with the game.
EDIT: What happened to the gaf room?

DoctorWho said:
How long on average do they take?

Little over an 90 minutes for the first, 4 hours for the next, and this last one was almost 2 hours. Next one is the Indy 500, so 2.5 hours for that probably. There is a 9-hour race, followed by the two 24-hour races. No signs of the ability to save and resume :/

TheSeks said:

I know the A.I couldn't even beat a bunch of stock car with a tuned up one. The opposing A.I corners much faster and my A.I brakes WAY TO DAMN EARLY.

KingDizzi

Banned
Sales age later on today, I look at myself in the mirror and say "why do you care?" It's because I can kingdizzi, it's because I can. :) Has anyone seen adverts for this game yet? I was asleep all day today so maybe it came on during the Chelsea vs lucky fucking geordies match, really weird how I have seen zero GT5 adverts since this time last year Sony were pushing UC2 like crazy. Maybe those few adverts they did last week during a few football matches were it, that's enough for Sony. :lol :lol

Valkyr Junkie said:
Little over an 90 minutes for the first, 4 hours for the next, and this last one was almost 2 hours. Next one is the Indy 500, so 2.5 hours for that probably. There is a 9-hour race, followed by the two 24-hour races. No signs of the ability to save and resume :/
:lol

Shaneus

Crakatak187 said:
I know the A.I couldn't even beat a bunch of stock car with a tuned up one. The opposing A.I corners much faster and my A.I brakes WAY TO DAMN EARLY.
Ugh, this. Especially the very first race in the Sunday Cup on Beginner. My Swift can ace all the other cars in the other races because of the one or two straights but because there isn't a decent straight in that particular race (forget which track it was) when Y. Yamauchi catches up, he brakes way too fucking early and drops back.

CaLe

Anyone knows if it's possible to use a controller along with a wheel ?

I can't seem to be able to use a controller whenever my G27 is plugged in.

Photo mode and menu navigation is a real pain with a wheel...

TheSeks

gunther said:
I know but still wtf!.

It's the same as PC IP address connecting via a console command. It isn't as terrible as you think. What, you want matchmaking servers to where you can't make GAF games for people not on your friends list to join? Because if that's the case, please smack yourself.

Server browser > Matchmaking, any day of the week.

What happened to gaf the game?

Huh?

Crack said:

My AI is generally fine. But the damn cars for the cups suck. I kinda wish I could abuse and use my stealth Mclaren and Gamestop NASCAR like I can in A-Spec. :/

CaLe said:
Anyone knows if it's possible to use a controller along with a wheel ?

I can't seem to be able to use a controller whenever my G27 is plugged in.

Photo mode and menu navigation is a real pain with a wheel...

Set your controller to "1"

ecnal

THE:MILKMAN said:
@ecnal what happened dude? just got cut off from server and room # doesn't work.

Karts and me don't mix it seems:( Try again tomorrow!:D

internet died :\

ill throw up another room in an hour or so if there isn't already one.

-viper-

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
OH MY GOD.

ascully

Sadaiyappan said:
Why does the game do that weird lighting thing when a race is starting and it is showing the front of the car then the back? The entire screen goes darker then brighter and it happens before almost every race.

I'm positive it's not my TV.

Happens on mine as well, it's not your TV I think it's designed that way.

*Smacks oneself* Slow down pace is to raise the bar to the left, Maintain pace is to stay at same behavior, Pace up is to raise the bar to the right. A.I Drive best in the middle.

Man should have made my first guy in the middle not hot headed red.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
why does 'share with friends' upload stuff? Is it being hosted by Sony/PD so that people can see your lounge and shared stuff even when your PS3 is off?

you know what would be cool? If I could view a photo in my photo album, click 'edit' and it loaded the photo travel area with the car in the same location etc so I could tweak/make another photo.

TheSeks

-viper- said:
OH MY GOD.

You can switch AI's in for the race, but I REALLY fear for the PS3 being left on for 24 hours than the race itself.

Actually, him in the red will get him out of the pack early in general. Red means they're stressed but fighting. Blue means they're relaxed and "asleep at the wheel." Heading toward red is slightly better unless you're in the lead, in which case you want him near blue, but pacing up to where he isn't "totally asleep at the wheel."

CaLe said:
But will I still be able to use my wheel for races... ?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but how do I set my controller to "1" ? :D

Yes you will :) Hold PS-Button > Remap controller

Crakatak187 said:
*Smacks oneself* Slow down pace is to raise the bar to the left, Maintain pace is to stay at same behavior, Pace up is to raise the bar to the right. A.I Drive best in the middle.

Nice, it's pretty much in the middle for my guy!

pix

Holy shit! I just got Gold on Lotus Top Gear Event! :D

I even took the lead went I went through the hammerhead on the second lap. Then I just coasted to victory while thinking "DON'T FUCK THIS UP".

Man, this game is so awesome, it totally rocks and I love it. I'm at lvl 13 and just got gold in every A and B license test. I'm really having fun ... oh, wait. What is this? Hey, I know this old account ... wait. I was playing GT5 with my old account that I don't use for online anymore ... and if I switch accounts I have to start over ... OH GOD, FUCK!

Oh well ... :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There's deformation on standard cars. Hmm.

edit: Or is the light playing tricks on me? I could have sworn...I need to save the replay.

tmaynard

I'm having a hard time drifting. (Both understanding it, and actually doing it.)

I get the idea of what needs to happen, but I end up throwing the vehicle into a crazy spin.

I've watched a couple videos on YouTube for Prologue, but they don't seem to help me when playing GT5. (Then again, I don't know much about tuning vehicles for drift situations.)

Any advanced gaffers care to put together the basics of drifting? Both car preparation/modification and the drifting itself?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
THE:MILKMAN said:
No problem mate! see you later.

@Y2Kev. Do you have a room number? I'm willing to stay up a bit longer...
I don't. I was waiting for people to make one so I'm racing b-spec. just go to bed, i think i might get in bed soon lol.

TheSeks

brotkasten said:
Man, this game is so awesome, it totally rocks and I love it. I'm at lvl 13 and just got gold in every A and B license test. I'm really having fun ... oh, wait. What is this? Hey, I know this old account ... wait. I was playing GT5 with my old account that I don't use for online anymore ... and if I switch accounts I have to start over ... OH GOD, FUCK!

Oh well ... :lol

Just gift the cars to your new account if you have a McLaren in the garage. Then you can blow through the stuff other than licenses and challenges in a minute.

DoctorWho said:
I did put new wheels on it when it was in my possession.

:D

I thought about adding something to it, but then when I won the first truck race 32 seconds in front of the nearest opponent, I didn't really think it needed it :lol

THE:MILKMAN

Y2Kev said:
I don't. I was waiting for people to make one so I'm racing b-spec. just go to bed, i think i might get in bed soon lol.

Yep it is nearly 2am here. I'll call it night and I will get to do a (clean) kart race tomorrow.:lol

What level is your b-spec driver when you complete the Beginner races? Mine is at level 4 and racing like shit. He's only one three tournaments so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom