• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Toxa said:
I'll take the autoback mr s:D

Got any crappy cars you don't want? Add me on PSN and I'll send it to you. My list might be full so let me know if you can't add me. I'll remove someone.

For the new page:
Who wants to trade museum cards? I made a list of the duplicated ones I have:

Audi:
No. 036 x 2
No. 070
No. 072

BMW:
No. 030

CITROEN:
No. 001
No. 050
No. 095
No. 096
No. 103
No. 106
No. 125
No. 181
No. 202
No. 246

FORD:
No. 031
No. 035
No. 151
No. 181
No. 236
No. 253

MERCEDES BENZ:
No. 049
No. 088
No. 143

MITSUBISHI:
No. 043

NISSAN:
No. 005
No. 034

RENAULT:
No. 035
No. 064

TOYOTA:
No. 031
No. 046
No. 095

If you're interested just let me know what duplicates you have.

I also have these duplicate cars that I wanna get rid off:
8ESK2.jpg

If you want them let me know, if you got something to exchange them for good, if not I don't care.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ill look at my museum cards. I think I have some dupes. And I want to get them all too.

And Ill take the v16 if you dont want it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Not only that I don't have any museum dupes, but I also have zero (0) Subaru cards (while I have 20+ from other makes) :/

I've been randomly posting out my dupe museum cards to friends with the game. Shame there's the limitation on amount you can send out per day though.

Shaneus

Psychotext said:
I've been randomly posting out my dupe museum cards to friends with the game. Shame there's the limitation on amount you can send out per day though.
What was the point of the museum cards other than tidbits of info? I think I've been into my museum once since I fired up the game, about a week after I got it :lol

Edit: Oh, and this is what it has come to: My brother works in the city I live and goes home for lunch, I work in a different city. He has keys to my house. If he's going home for lunch today, I've ever-so-kindly asked that he power on my TV and PS3 controller and restart my B-spec Indy 500 race. Seriously, this is not gaming. But I'm so close to level 30 and my inner completionist is getting anxious.

NASCAR B-Spec. What the FUCK is that all about? I think my car must be on tires made of paper because they only last a few laps and they're shot. Any advice, pointers or info on this Championship?

I won Indy by MILES
Gran Valley - 12th
High Speed Ring - Was 1st for ages then tyres went. I retired out of disgust when I dropped right to 12th within 1 lap
Laguna Seca - 4th (1st until final lap last but one corner arrgh)
Daytona - 1st

I really wish GT online had some official PD servers/Matchmaking option along with public servers. I spend more time searching for a decent server to play then actually racing.

KennyLinder said:
NASCAR B-Spec. What the FUCK is that all about? I think my car must be on tires made of paper because they only last a few laps and they're shot. Any advice, pointers or info on this Championship?

I won Indy by MILES
Gran Valley - 12th
High Speed Ring - Was 1st for ages then tyres went. I retired out of disgust when I dropped right to 12th within 1 lap
Laguna Seca - 4th (1st until final lap last but one corner arrgh)
Daytona - 1st

Stay cool, save your tyres.

In Grand Valley, change tyres midrace, you will overtake every one in 1-2 laps.

Indy 1st, I actually was first in GV in the second to last lap and then my driver spun... TWICE. 12th place. HSP 1st, Laguna Seca last lap -> 1st place. Lost in Daytona in last corner, 6th

Overall ranking: 2nd. I raged so much

TTG

So, did we ever figure out what the fastest premium, non formula, car is in GT5? I gotta say, my 908 team Oreca Peugeot hauls some serious ass. Is the Audi about even with it and is there anything else that comes close?

h3ro

Help me out GAF.

I'm looking for Matte Light Blue/Baby Blue and a Chrome Paint chip.

I have a variety of matte and color shift colors that I can send back in return. Help me build my dream GT40. The wheels are already orange. THE WHEELS ARE ALREADY ORANGE.

TTG

Yea, Minolta is quicker and there are probably a couple of other standard cars that are quicker than the Minolta(Sauber C9?). But, I like the premium cars. :lol I'll buy the 787B at some point, probably when the next round of bonus events comes out.

I've also noticed the difference in power curves the turbos make. It's too bad Polyphony didn't display a detailed dyno readout of the hp and torque when purchasing them, I never bothered to buy more than one. But, now I'm looking at the Peugeot numbers and chart and it's pretty cool. The mid range puts out over 150 foot pounds more with no loss to hp, but there's a steep drop after it peaks at what looks like 4500ish rpm. Stock turbo hp is actually much higher by the time it redlines at 7k, the high rpm turbo walks all over it. Who needs 1190ftlbs anyway?

Bobo

h3ro said:
Help me out GAF.

I have a variety of matte and color shift colors that I can send back in return. Help me build my dream GT40. The wheels are already orange. THE WHEELS ARE ALREADY ORANGE.
I have light blue matte... will trade for other matte colour... Any dark green? or dark gray?

Shaneus

h3ro said:
Help me out GAF.

Can paint chips be duplicated at all? I'd love me a chrome something but I doubt they're amongst any of the chips that get gifted daily :/

h3ro

Bobo said:
I have light blue matte... will trade for other matte colour... Any dark green? or dark gray?

I have Matte Green. It looks like British Racing Green but Matte. It's what I use on all my English cars.

PM'd you. :)

Bobo

h3ro said:
I have Matte Green. It looks like British Racing Green but Matte. It's what I use on all my English cars.

PM'd you. :)
And done! cheers... Be sure to post pics of her once you've done the paint job. :D

h3ro

Seasonal Events #4 is up! No restrictions.

Deep forest raceway - Mitsubishi i-MiEV Cr.300,000 exp 30000
Grand Valley - Volvo C30 Cr. 450,000 exp 50000
Daytona Road - Dodge Challenger SRT8 Cr. 500,000 exp 60000
Nurburgring - Volkswagen Golf Cr. 750,000 exp 90000
High speed ring - Super GT GT500 class cars Cr. 1,500,000 exp 120000

:D

TTG

h3ro said:

And I just bought a Super GT GTR the other day, sweet.

EDIT: Do not go overboard with the upgrades, you will regret it. :lol I threw some better tires on the Super GT car and matched viper stats with the SRT8 and ended up blowing past them before the final lap in both instances. Just gonna do some intake/exhaust/ECU changes and leave the Golf alone.

h3ro said:

Sweet. I love these bonus races. They make me drive cars I would never buy. Hope the XP will push me another level.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Norante said:

Have they fixed the bug yet? Not buying if they aren't fixing the pitstop bug.

h3ro said:

Looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Splitting time between these/B-Spec GT5, BC2, and LBP2 next week, oh lord.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MiniBossBattle said:
Could you elaborate?

Pit stops with the G27 sets the car to neutral, and the car will never auto-shift to 1/drive. The car will literally sit in the pitlane FOREVER with the G27 using the shifter. It's been there since launch and PD/Logitech won't do shit for it. It's a stalemate between both sides.

TheSeks said:
Pit stops with the G27 sets the car to neutral, and the car will never auto-shift to 1/drive. The car will literally sit in the pitlane FOREVER with the G27 using the shifter. It's been there since launch and PD/Logitech won't do shit for it. It's a stalemate between both sides.

Weird. I have a G27 and just finished the grand valley enduro. I didn't have any issue with the shifter (I just left it in 4th gear I think) going in and out of the pit.

brentech

I hit bspec level 35 today and got my second x1 vettel. Decided to go ahead and start my first 24hr event,but like seks mentioned, going to have to start splitting time with lbp2 soon. I usually only play that with my wife though, but I won't be able to keep the ps3 locked up with these 24hr races. Hopefully they can get a fast forward in a patch.

I already have like 3-4 PS3 games backlogged. Shit. At least I've been enjoying Fifa11 on the 360 a lot more lately.

h3ro said:

That's just what I need right now. :D

Right now my life's mostly wake up, work, get home, eat, play GT5 for HOURS, sleep.

Bobo

TheSeks said:
Glad to say that issue was fixed in the 1.05 update. :D G25 Here but still...

darkwing

MiniBossBattle said:
h3ro said:

Mute it! mute it! Worst sounding engine. I thought the blender Prius sound was worse.

you said it, most annoying sound ever bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TTG

MiniBossBattle said:
h3ro said:

Mute it! mute it! Worst sounding engine. I thought the blender Prius sound was worse.

5ersshamoljz7ppwl0.jpg

Tradin' paint! That dude is gonna have a razzberry pearl streak all over his bumper. I liked that race, didn't touch the brake once the whole way.

TheSeks said:

Never happened to me. Guess it's fixed.

jey_16

Banned
Has anyone noticed that if you upgrade the exhaust on the gtr v-spec 09, it doesn't place the new exhaust pipes where they should be but rather in the middle of the bumper and it alters the color in a part of the rear bumper as well. It looks really weird

I think it could be because the v-spec has the squarish tailpipes compared to the circular tailpipes in the standard gtr

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
h3ro said:

787B, here I come!

Mush

jey_16 said:
Has anyone noticed that if you upgrade the exhaust on the gtr v-spec 09, it doesn't place the new exhaust pipes where they should be but rather in the middle of the bumper and it alters the color in a part of the rear bumper as well. It looks really weird

I think it could be because the v-spec has the squarish tailpipes compared to the circular tailpipes in the standard gtr
It's the same on the regular GT-R. Looks like an exhaust head shield.

Hanmik

blu said:
787B, here I come!

ohhh same for me... I have 2.5 million credits waiting right now.. that plus 3.5 million for the new Seasonals should be enough for the 5 million Mazda 787B.. I have been waiting for that bad boy a long time..

and speaking of waiting... any news on "GT anywhere"..? I am only level 10 in B-spec. And I can not find the time to play B-spec... but if GT-anywhere is launched, I can make my workdays more fun.. :D

Hanmik said:
and speaking of waiting... any news on "GT anywhere"..? I am only level 10 in B-spec. And I can not find the time to play B-spec... but if GT-anywhere is launched, I can make my workdays more fun.. :D

None I think, I'm eagerly awaiting that too.

[beg] Does anyone have a Toyota 7 I can borrow for the Historic event please, sick of that event [/beg]

Top Bottom